Advice

Kyl542

Stupid Question tho i feel like asking to be sure. I am getting a PS4 and with it comes Uncharted 4. Now i have never played an uncharted series before so will i completely understand nothing on the story of Uncharted 4? (i know there is the collection, but i cant buy many games at once due to budget).

If so i might look at some playthroughs or a summary of the game.

The main advantage of playing them is that you'll know controls and get used to how the game works and they truly are great games especially 2. But if you dont want 4 just sitting there until you can afford the others it might be good to catch up with the storyline from Let's Play videos instead.

You don't have to play them in order of course. I have played all 4 and I would strongly recommend starting from the start and playing 1, 2, 3 then 4. Purely to see how the story ties together as Naughty Dog has created a masterpiece with this series.

The above is all true. The story will have much more emotional impact if you've played 1-3 first. 

Also, you might want to look at it this way; if you can only afford either Uncharted 4 or The Nathan Drake Collection right now, why would you choose to buy 1 game - Uncharted 4 - when you could buy 3 - the collection - even more cheaply?

Uncharted 4 will still be there once you're done. 

• Like 1

I'd say play first 3.

I played 3 without playing 1 or 2 and really didn't enjoy the game. After replaying through all 3 in order, they're a lot better.

Not played 4 so I'm not sure if it's "needed" (Like Witcher 3, doesn't need 1 or 2), but it would definitely help if you have a connection to the characters.

The above is all true. The story will have much more emotional impact if you've played 1-3 first. 

Also, you might want to look at it this way; if you can only afford either Uncharted 4 or The Nathan Drake Collection right now, why would you choose to buy 1 game - Uncharted 4 - when you could buy 3 - the collection - even more cheaply?

I think he means that the PS4 has Uncharted 4 bundled with it

• Like 1

because as i have said, i am getting a new ps4 and with it comes the Uncharted game. TBH i would opt for another game as i am not into uncharted that much, but this is the only offer they have at my local store

• Like 2