Heartless Hunters: Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts (The Series)

1 hour ago, Griffon234 said:

I'm back, and I finally did it :D stayed up til 3 am and finished the last two playthroughs when my brother went to sleep.

I can't believe how sick I am of CoM now though jesus. 

Can I have my certificate when you see this? :D

Nice, congrats :yay: . CoM is easily the grindiest KH game I've played so far.

19 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Wow that's encouraging :lol:. It sucks that it took you so long and I guess your right. I might as well catch up on some TV shows while grinding :).

Yeah SE lowered the drop rate for the Heartless weapons from 2% to 0.2%. I had about 5 of each of them on the PS2 version, but had to grind for hours on the PS3 version. I recommend to combine it with getting to lvl 99 and farming the invisible soldier in Hollow Bastion for a synthesis material.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah SE lowered the drop rate for the Heartless weapons from 2% to 0.2%. I had about 5 of each of them on the PS2 version, but had to grind for hours on the PS3 version. I recommend to combine it with getting to lvl 99 and farming the invisible soldier in Hollow Bastion for a synthesis material.

I could be wrong but I think I already got the Heartless weapons while grinding levels on Sora. I hope so because the grinding for the weapons sound insane :blink:.

On a side note, I've been wondering for a while if 0.2 will have a platinum trophy. What do you guys think? Personally, if games like My Name Is Mayo can have a plat I don't see why 0.2 can't xD.

3 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I could be wrong but I think I already got the Heartless weapons while grinding levels on Sora. I hope so because the grinding for the weapons sound insane :blink:.

On a side note, I've been wondering for a while if 0.2 will have a platinum trophy. What do you guys think? Personally, if games like My Name Is Mayo can have a plat I don't see why 0.2 can't xD.

Nice, that's one less grind to worry about.

I don't think so considering KH0.2 is equivalent to 1 world in terms of length. I think it'll be a 100% game like 358/2 Days and Re:Coded. I really hope SE won't go that low as My Name Is Mayo.

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, that's one less grind to worry about.

I don't think so considering KH0.2 is equivalent to 1 world in terms of length. I think it'll be a 100% game like 358/2 Days and Re:Coded. I really hope SE won't go that low as My Name Is Mayo.

I know what your saying but from what we've seen so far it seems like the game will be at least five hours long. I wouldn't be surprised if SE threw in twenty hours of grinding in top of that which would be a decent length for a plat. I could be wrong though. I honestly just want a full trophy cabinet of KH platinums :lol:. That's one of the reasons I want the PS4 versions to have their own trophy lists.

7 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I know what your saying but from what we've seen so far it seems like the game will be at least five hours long. I wouldn't be surprised if SE threw in twenty hours of grinding in top of that which would be a decent length for a plat. I could be wrong though. I honestly just want a full trophy cabinet of KH platinums :lol:. That's one of the reasons I want the PS4 versions to have their own trophy lists.

In the unlikely event SE does actually add a plat, I'm expecting these trophies:

• Complete the game on Beginner, Standard, Proud, and Critical (of course these wouldn't stack) 
  • Complete the game on Critical lvl 1 without dying + without changing the equipment, while doing a speedrun
  • Kill 10,000 Heartless
  • Obtain all customization items for Aqua
  • Obtain all keyblades
  • Complete all mini-games
  • Complete the journal
  • Some story-related trophies

35 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

In the unlikely event SE does actually add a plat, I'm expecting these trophies:

• Complete the game on Beginner, Standard, Proud, and Critical (of course these wouldn't stack) 
  • Complete the game on Critical lvl 1 without dying + without changing the equipment, while doing a speedrun
  • Kill 10,000 Heartless
  • Obtain all keyblades
  • Complete the journal

That trophy list you just created makes me think there definitely going to now. We'll just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Kent10201 said:

That trophy list you just created makes me think there definitely going to now. We'll just have to wait and see.

A Critical lvl 1 run would be brutal, unless abilities are synthesized. That would be a way to get useful things like Second Chance, Second Wind, and Leaf Bracer.

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

• Kill 10,000 Heartless
  • Obtain all keyblades
  • Complete the journal

10k heartless in a 5 hour game would make me want to end my life 

Made lots of progress this weekend:

Spoiler

evJzngo.png

Managed to beat Marluxia on the first try, which was completely unexpected. Demyx is still a big douche and him spawning 99 clones to defeat in 30 seconds was a super wimpy move. Axel took me lots of tries to beat, mainly because of the fire draining my health. Larxene, Saïx, and Zexion were a bit easier than expected, but they still took me about 90 minutes to defeat. Only 3 more bosses remaining.

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Made lots of progress this weekend:

Hide contents

evJzngo.png

Managed to beat Marluxia on the first try, which was completely unexpected. Demyx is still a big douche and him spawning 99 clones to defeat in 30 seconds was a super wimpy move. Axel took me lots of tries to beat, mainly because of the fire draining my health. Larxene, Saïx, and Zexion were a bit easier than expected, but they still took me about 90 minutes to defeat. Only 3 more bosses remaining.

Congrats :yay:! I would say out if the data battles you have left Roxas is the hardest. He took me about twenty tries to beat him :(.

3 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Congrats :yay:! I would say out if the data battles you have left Roxas is the hardest. He took me about twenty tries to beat him :(.

Thanks :D , this was a very productive weekend game-wise. I'm more worried about Xaldin, already spent more than 20 attempts on him, but he was the first boss I challenged, so maybe things will go better now that I'm getting used to the pacing.

12 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Thanks :D , this was a very productive weekend game-wise. I'm more worried about Xaldin, already spent more than 20 attempts on him, but he was the first boss I challenged, so maybe things will go better now that I'm getting used to the pacing.

Congratz Dragon! Only Xemnas, Roxas, and Xaldin to go. For Xemnas, I suggest using Limit Form on his final phase, if you can DPS him fast enough, you can completely skip the Riku section of the fight, and start the reflect spam phase. I suggest this a lot, because against data Xemnas on critical, it's absolute shit to do the Riku part. Also don't try to rely on reversal reaction commands, in KH2.5/KH2FM it's bugged and does not give you the invuln frames. Roxas can be cheesed with Limit Form. :giggle:

16 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Really? I found Xaldin the hardest boss in the entire game, hell, I had ALOT more trouble with Data Xaldin than Lingering Will even. I never want to do Data Xaldin again..

Edited by Griffon234
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

Congratz Dragon! Only Xemnas and Roxas to go. For Xemnas, I suggest using Limit Form on his final phase, if you can DPS him fast enough, you can completely skip the Riku section of the fight, and start the reflect spam phase. I suggest this a lot, because against data Xemnas on critical, it's absolute shit to do the Riku part. Also don't try to rely on reversal reaction commands, in KH2.5/KH2FM it's bugged and does not give you the invuln frames. Roxas can be cheesed with Limit Form. :giggle:

Thanks Griffon (I'm liking this increase in mythical creatures :awesome: ). Xemnas' grab attack has me worried, I wish that could be blocked. Good to know it can be skipped and thanks for the tip about reversal. I've been using Sonic Blade in Limit Form a lot during these data fights, so I'll definitely keep using it.

5 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

Really? I found Xaldin the hardest boss in the entire game, hell, I had ALOT more trouble with Data Xaldin than Lingering Will even. I never want to do Data Xaldin again..

This guy gets it, I also find Xaldin the hardest boss in the game. Still need to beat his data form :| .

On 12/10/2016 at 1:20 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

• Kill 10,000 Heartless
  • Obtain all keyblades
  • Complete the journal
  • If they decide not to stack difficulties and force us to do four playthroughs just to pad out time, I will boycott Kingdom Hearts 3. :rolleyes:
  • Same thing if they decided to make a Critical Level 1 Speedrun (although I bet the KH Speedrunners Bizkits would jump at the challenge; go watch Bizkit042 and Bl00dyBizkit's videos :) )
  • All keyblades? The only Keyblade Aqua has in the Dark World is Master Eraqus's blade. They wouldn't add keychains because the game won't last longer than 20 hours.
  • Same thing for mini-games - the only non-Heartless creatures other than DiZ in the World of Darkness are Aqua and Mickey(who is confirmed to be an ally through the recent trailer)
  • The recent trailer showed that there was no Journal this time.

The only trophies I'd see this mini-episode having are story related trophies, maybe the wardrobe collectibles and a few battle trophies.

1 minute ago, DetectiveCJ said:
  • If they decide not to stack difficulties and force us to do four playthroughs just to pad out time, I will boycott Kingdom Hearts 3. :rolleyes:
  • Same thing if they decided to make a Critical Level 1 Speedrun (although I bet the KH Speedrunners Bizkits would jump at the challenge; go watch Bizkit042 and Bl00dyBizkit's videos :) )
  • All keyblades? The only Keyblade Aqua has in the Dark World is Master Eraqus's blade. They wouldn't add keychains because the game won't last longer than 20 hours.
  • Same thing for mini-games - the only non-Heartless creatures other than DiZ in the World of Darkness are Aqua and Mickey(who is confirmed to be an ally through the recent trailer)
  • The recent trailer showed that there was no Journal this time.

The only trophies I'd see this mini-episode having are story related trophies, maybe the wardrobe collectibles and a few battle trophies.

Aqua could always find new keychains in the realm of darkness. If this happens before Mickey makes his appearance at the end of KH1, he could've found the golden Kingdom Key there too.

I take it you already forgot about the Mushroom XIII Heartless mini-games?

Maybe it's time to bring back the good old "reach lvl 99" trophy :awesome: .

On 10/12/2016 at 5:11 PM, DetectiveCJ said:

Good luck on that.

As for me, I am holding off of trophy hunting in the games for two reasons:

1. I am not sure whether I can trust my PS3 anymore. After a fatal crash glitch in the cutscene of Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time totally made the game unplayable and getting a similar freeze while picking up an item in Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, I am wary of playing any PS3 game.
  2. I want to verify whether I have to earn all the trophies again in the PS4 collection. Square-Enix has recently had a couple of games where unlocking a trophy in one version means it's unlocked in all versions. (Dragon Quest Builders and World of Final Fantasy, but the latter has cross-save so this is a nice trick for S-E to prevent trophy stacking like the creators of Sound Shapes failed to do.) Since Kingdom Hearts is a S-E series, they might do the same thing here, but then again, maybe not considering that the collection is coming out in March and the shared lists were for versions of the game that came out at the same date. Until we learn more about this new collection, which probably won't happen until 2.8 is released, I want to be assured that I still have to complete my PS3 remixes to get all the trophies.

Not to say I won't play the games beforehand, but I don't intend to be serious about the platinums right now. Also, since I am working on my Winter Backlog and have an MMO addiction, I don't have much time to play Kingdom Hearts. Maybe after the New Year's Eve event and the holidays are over can I get back on track. Still, I will be here to help people out if they need it. ;)

FF X/X-2 also had a shared list but the PS4 version was released a little more than 1 year after the PS3/VITA ones, almost 100% sure this one will also have shared lists.

And for all of you strugling with Xaldin, the trick to him is the Reaction Commands, you can loop him easilly by spaming those.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

On 12/10/2016 at 8:20 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

• Kill 10,000 Heartless
  • Obtain all keyblades
  • Complete the journal

That sounds slightly masochistic :D. Critical lvl 1 without dying and the starting equipment as a speedrun could be a tad difficulty. I guess I'd abuse saving a lot if SE really does that. The rest sounds doable, but I don't want to see :bronze: Heartless Ice Cream Beat. It was bad enough in BbS, I don't want to do that again.

1 minute ago, viech54 said:

That sounds slightly masochistic :D. Critical lvl 1 without dying and the starting equipment as a speedrun could be a tad difficulty. I guess I'd abuse saving a lot if SE really does that. The rest sounds doable, but I don't want to see :bronze: Heartless Ice Cream Beat. It was bad enough in BbS, I don't want to do that again.

I also forgot to mention: get to lvl 99 :awesome: .

13 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I also forgot to mention: get to lvl 99 :awesome: .

I have to ask some friends to upload many videos to YouTube to keep me busy while grinding :awesome:

By the way, your progress in KH2 reminds me that I should get the Organization XIII Data Battles out of the way as well. I think I only need five of them. What was I thinking, doing everything on Critical? xD.

9 minutes ago, viech54 said:

I have to ask some friends to upload many videos to YouTube to keep me busy while grinding :awesome:

By the way, your progress in KH2 reminds me that I should get the Organization XIII Data Battles out of the way as well. I think I only need five of them. What was I thinking, doing everything on Critical? xD.

Just watch some anime :awesome: .

I've been doing the data battles on Critical too and it's definitely possible. Just beat Roxas, so only Xemnas and Xaldin remaining. Which bosses do you need to beat?

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Just watch some anime  :awesome:.

I've been doing the data battles on Critical too and it's definitely possible. Just beat Roxas, so only Xemnas and Xaldin remaining. Which bosses do you need to beat?

Too bad my Japanese's not good enough to understand what's going on without reading subtitles :awesome:

Good question. I don't know all of them. I need Xemnas and a few others. Maybe it's time to fire up my PS3 and check that out. I only remember that Axel was bugged several times. He had no health left, I hit him with a finisher and he survived and killed Sora afterwards.

4 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Too bad my Japanese's not good enough to understand what's going on without reading subtitles :awesome:

Good question. I don't know all of them. I need Xemnas and a few others. Maybe it's time to fire up my PS3 and check that out. I only remember that Axel was bugged several times. He had no health left, I hit him with a finisher and he survived and killed Sora afterwards.

There's always dubbed anime.

Axel isn't bugged, he can't die when the floor is on fire. You have to throw him into the flame wall with a combo finisher, that will unlock a reaction command. The third one will remove the fire and you can use a quick blizzaga to defeat him.