Heartless Hunters: Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts (The Series)

8 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I don't think so.Although some commands are needed to be maxed in order to meld them.Especially the 3rd level ones.For example Cure Level 2 + Cure Level 2 will give you the same result with the Cure Level 3 + Cure Level 3.But if you want Curaga,you need to max Cura.Anyway this helped me very much  

http://www.destinyislands.com/bbs/melding/

Thanks for the link. That's a great overview, I'll be using that a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Reached Radiant Garden in Terra's story and just beat that giant Unversed boss alongside Aqua and Ven. It's a bit disappointing that some worlds are so short and I can't wait to find out what will happen when playing as Ven and Aqua.

That's exactly why they're so short, they where split into 3 parts, when you put all parts together they're around the same leight as a KH1 world.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Thanks for the link. That's a great overview, I'll be using that a lot.

One thing to point out though is that even if the commands don't need to be maxed out before melding make sure they don't have abilities connected to them.  Remember abilities don't become permanent until the command is maxed out. You probably already know this but it is good to repeat (I might have got rid of a few abilities by not paying attention to this :blink:)  

1 minute ago, Starrk_01 said:

One thing to point out though is that even if the commands don't need to be maxed out before melding make sure they don't have abilities connected to them.  Remember abilities don't become permanent until the command is maxed out. You probably already know this but it is good to repeat (I might have got rid of a few abilities by not paying attention to this :blink:)  

Lol :lol: . Thanks for the reminder, I've been prioritizing commands with abilities.

Finished Terra's story in about 15 hours, but also spent a lot of time getting sidetracked by other things. The last final boss fight was challenging, especially with him spamming commands from my setup, such as Ars Solum, Dark Haze, and Curaga. I'm liking the combat system a lot, it feels much fluent. And the Command Board mini-game is entertaining too, it reminds me of the Monopoly board game that I liked a lot as a child. This might be the first time I'm liking a KH mini-game, never thought that day would come :lol: . Also got Pete's D-Link and got the trophy for activating it 10 times.

Great job so far, Dragon. I am going to put $25 from my sister toward 2.8 so I won't have to pay all $54.99(I put $5 already) when the game comes out. NVM: Stupid needed to buy another charger for my other 3DS and I buckled to get another copy of Pokemon Moon. I just love Pokemon! :(

Once I get a couple of other games to platinum, I might try to see if I can play the Remixes on my PS3 without problems. I could spend the week to New Year's trying to get more trophies in re:Chain of Memories and that Speedster trophy in KHFM.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

@sephiroth4424 Nope, you'll have to defeat all optional bosses with all characters.

Still no progress on my end. I intend to complete Birth by Sleep for this challenge and leave it at that, there's just no way for me to do the rest in time. Well, save for KH1, I only need the gummi shit ship missions. I don't think I can motivate myself for that, though.

Edited by viech54

7 hours ago, viech54 said:

@sephiroth4424 Nope, you'll have to defeat all optional bosses with all characters.

Still no progress on my end. I intend to complete Birth by Sleep for this challenge and leave it at that, there's just no way for me to do the rest in time. Well, save for KH1, I only need the gummi shit ship missions. I don't think I can motivate myself for that, though.

I understand the feeling - so much to do, so little time. I promised myself I'd try to finish one more platinum in the series but it's so daunting. :(

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Got this today and completely forgot to post about it here: 

1Lcc2305.png

:platinum: Kingdom Hearts II Master

Obtain all trophies.

Took about 70 hours to do everything on Critical Mode, 20 hours faster than the guide estimates :dance: .

Congrats! You're a stronger man than I. B) I updated your status.

As for myself, I have decided to do a few things in honor of the upcoming 2.8, which is supposed to be out around the 24th. Not only will I be heading to my local Gamestop and cancelling my pre-order so I can pre-purchase it on the PSN store for that sweet lovin' PS4 theme, but I'll also be updating this thread when the time comes close:

• A new banner which is up to date and has a better graphic(probably 0.2 or Dream Drop Distance related)
  • A new forum plaque for those who platinum 2.8 as well
  • And a new update to the thread goals, possibly a link to the Kingdom Hearts Platinum Project when it comes up(if the original people who offered to take it haven't abandoned it yet).

Also, I'll be working on Kingdom Hearts trophies in the 12 days before 2.8's release and posting my progress here. I still have three more plats to get and I don't want to feel like a heel for being inferior to all these great people who've earned these hard trophies on a great series. :)

2 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

The trophy lists for 2.8 are up and the DDD plat image is probably one of the best I've ever seen :dance:. I'm a little bummed that there's no 0.2 plat though.

That was to be expected though, 0.2 only has a few hours worth of content. Seems like there's no difficulty-related trophy in DDD. I'm surprised the third list is missing. 

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That was to be expected though, 0.2 only has a few hours worth of content. Seems like there's no difficulty-related trophy in DDD. I'm surprised the third list is missing. 

Yeah I know but I was still hoping for one :P. It seems that all of the boss/difficulty related trophies are tied to 100% completion although I could be wrong. I'm also surprised the third list is missing. Isn't Sony's policy that a game has to have trophies though :dunno:?

I was wondering if it's too late to join in on this. I know it's late in the game (with only 14 days left) but I'd love to be apart of this. I played all the originals (except Re:Coded), with 100% completion on KH, CoM, and KH II. Also beat No Name with Ven and Aqua on the PSP version of BBS. Couldn't with Terra haha Currently working my way through the PS3 remasters. I already, platinumed KH I, close to platinum Re:CoM (need Level 99 Riku, Normal and easy playthrough for Sora and Riku) and currently working on KH II. Also have 2.8 pre-ordered. So hyped for it.

3 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Yeah I know but I was still hoping for one :P. It seems that all of the boss/difficulty related trophies are tied to 100% completion although I could be wrong. I'm also surprised the third list is missing. Isn't Sony's policy that a game has to have trophies though :dunno:?

It is, but Back Cover is not exactly a game now is it? Although it's a really shame, only KH game without a list :(

3 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Yeah, getting 100% completion is probably a lot more annoying. I'm sure the list is just delayed or something.

4 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

It is, but Back Cover is not exactly a game now is it? Although it's a really shame, only KH game without a list :(

But Re:coded and 358/2 Days have trophies and are not exactly games as well. I'm still hoping for a trophy list for Back Cover.

0.2 seems easy enough to 100%. I'm sceptical about DDD, never finished it on 3DS. That just might be due to me starting on Critical right away, though. That, or it's the battle system that I didn't like as much as in previous KHs.

7 hours ago, viech54 said:

But Re:coded and 358/2 Days have trophies and are not exactly games as well. I'm still hoping for a trophy list for Back Cover.

0.2 seems easy enough to 100%. I'm sceptical about DDD, never finished it on 3DS. That just might be due to me starting on Critical right away, though. That, or it's the battle system that I didn't like as much as in previous KHs.

Exceptions, not the rules, SE added trophies for those just because they wanted to, not because SONY forced them, they just chose not to do the same this time. I wouldn't count on that, if the movie had trophies it would be found at the same time as the rest.

19 hours ago, Arkham_818 said:

I was wondering if it's too late to join in on this. I know it's late in the game (with only 14 days left) but I'd love to be apart of this. I played all the originals (except Re:Coded), with 100% completion on KH, CoM, and KH II. Also beat No Name with Ven and Aqua on the PSP version of BBS. Couldn't with Terra haha Currently working my way through the PS3 remasters. I already, platinumed KH I, close to platinum Re:CoM (need Level 99 Riku, Normal and easy playthrough for Sora and Riku) and currently working on KH II. Also have 2.8 pre-ordered. So hyped for it.

It's never too late to join the event, Arkham_818! I've added you to the list. Welcome to the thread!

Is the trophy list for 2.8 out yet? I know that the game is due out in Japan tomorrow.

Just now, DetectiveCJ said:

It's never too late to join the event, Arkham_818! I've added you to the list. Welcome to the thread!

Is the trophy list for 2.8 out yet? I know that the game is due out in Japan tomorrow.

The trophy lists came out yesterday. There's already two threads for them xD.

2 minutes ago, DetectiveCJ said:

Okay, I'll go check it out...

*checks out the threads*

Are you yanking my chain? I tried searching for them and got 0 results. :(

I promise you. I've even spoken about them in this thread xD!

Go to K under game forums and go to KH DDD. The first thread there should be a trophy list discussion.

Edited by Kent10201

Well, I found the trophy lists on the officice Playstationtrophies.org, which linked to a site called PSN Trophy Leaders. It gave the trophy lists for Dream Drop Distance HD and 0.2, and...

It seems that 0.2 does not have a platinum. I guess that's to be expected as it's not as big a game as other entries. With Undefeated and the difficulty trophies, I sort of expect two playthroughs, but since this is a short story, it's not a big deal for me. :)

Dream Drop distance doesn't seem to have any difficulty trophies, but it does make up for the trolliness by giving us a bunch of annoying mini-game trophies. I don't really like mini-game trophies that much but I've enjoyed playing "Pokemon Refresh" with the Dream Eaters in the 3DS version that I am willing to forgive them. Also, every Reality Shift has a trophy challenge attached to it and the Special Portals return so that's going to be "fun." :angry:

It also makes up for not having a "complete the game on Critical Mode" by forcing you to play Flick Rush for three trophies, a thing I avoided like the plague in the original game. Also, three 7s in Flick Rush? That's the most BS RNG trophy ever! :(

Complaints aside, I do not regret spending one week's of grocery money to pre-purchase this on the Playstation store. Now I have to hurry to Gamestop to cancel my pre-order soon.

As for X Back Cover, it'll probably have a trophy list eventually when it comes out tomorrow. While the other cinema bombs(358/2 Days cinema and re:coded cinema) had trophy lists, it's sort of Playstation policy that every game coming out on PS4 or PS3 has to have a trophy list even if it's blarney. I'm expecting a similar trophy list for X Back Cover. Then again, I am not expecting Square-Enix to be predictable. :P

Edited by DetectiveCJ