How to not sync trophies automatically

szkodi

Hi guys,

Just a question for you lot. Is there a way to set PS3 not to sync trophies with online profile when you are online?

The whole thing is about my little bet with brother in law. Whoever got higher ps "level" on 22 of September gets the other one to buy Mafia 3;) So I wondered whether I can play some PS3 games online to get missing platinums and keep my trophy list updating on that console ;)

Thanks for any feedback

• 2 years later...
On 07/07/2016 at 11:46 PM, pl0000pl said:

Go to settings. System settings. Change the automatic update settings

Mine is set to off, and yet some trophies I earned in Mass Effect over the past few days when I was playing offline synced up earlier today regardless when I signed into my account. I purposely avoided checking my trophies when in online mode, but I did visit the PS store - does this have any effect? I'm thinking of starting GTA IV soon and would prefer not to sync anything I earn to the server until I've got all of the online trophies. I'll probably back-up my PS3 in case I change my mind or the servers go down but if there's no way to completely disable trophies syncing other than manually I might as well not bother doing that. Any ideas at all? Thanks in advance!

On 06/12/2018 at 4:32 AM, SarcalogosVermis said:

Mine is set to off, and yet some trophies I earned in Mass Effect over the past few days when I was playing offline synced up earlier today regardless when I signed into my account. I purposely avoided checking my trophies when in online mode, but I did visit the PS store - does this have any effect? I'm thinking of starting GTA IV soon and would prefer not to sync anything I earn to the server until I've got all of the online trophies. I'll probably back-up my PS3 in case I change my mind or the servers go down but if there's no way to completely disable trophies syncing other than manually I might as well not bother doing that. Any ideas at all? Thanks in advance!

that's quite odd, mine have never automatically synced. Every-time I get a prompt I hit cancel on the ps3 because I don't wanna wait for a large amount of time for it to sync. Prompt only comes up when I click on my profile or try look at someone else's trophies. Does try syncing in trophies time to time but I just hit cancel like I said. But the approach kinda sucks as like I said you can't look at certain things.

Edited by Xorhi

14 minutes ago, Xorhi said:

that's quite odd, mine have never automatically synced. Every-time I get a prompt I hit cancel on the ps3 because I don't wanna wait for a large amount of time for it to sync. Prompt only comes up when I click on my profile or try look at someone else's trophies. Does try syncing in trophies time to time but I just hit cancel like I said. But the approach kinda sucks as like I said you can't look at certain things.

I forgot to set trophies to offline mode whilst signed in, I think that's fixed it. Though logging in to the Rockstar Social Club for unrelated RDR2 stuff seems to have alerted PSN that I have GTA IV. It since showed up on my list at 0% completion, despite my progress being at 7%. That's fine, as I have been able to delete it via my PS4.

4 minutes ago, SarcalogosVermis said:

I forgot to set trophies to offline mode whilst signed in, I think that's fixed it. Though logging in to the Rockstar Social Club for unrelated RDR2 stuff seems to have alerted PSN that I have GTA IV. It since showed up on my list at 0% completion, despite my progress being at 7%. That's fine, as I have been able to delete it via my PS4.

okay, all is well then ☺️

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Milanzzo said:

Got one online trophy from a game .. backed out of game and reload it.. and the trophy was synced..  so my theory is if you're online and start a game.. the trophies from that game sync

I have to manually sync all mine, or wait until like 5am for my ps3 to do it automatically. Hell for the last year they wouldn't sync at all even when left online. 

I wish there was still a possibility to do this on PS4, I know it will sound strange af what I will say but I actually miss and I want back the 100% sync bar, I miss waiting and seeing the message “synchronizing trophies” and actually doing it manually not like nowadays, I win a trophy and BAMN the trophy is already on my account. 

Good old times. 

fresquinho.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fresquinho said:

I wish there was still a possibility to do this on PS4, I know it will sound strange af what I will say but I actually miss and I want back the 100% sync bar, I miss waiting and seeing the message “synchronizing trophies” and actually doing it manually not like nowadays, I win a trophy and BAMN the trophy is already on my account. 

Good old times. 

Nah, you're right...

...that does sound strange af.

• Like 1

Not sure i understand the OP's point but considering its a 2016 post ill never get the answer anyway.... more than likely. 

That beingt said, "synching" trophies is truly a big flaw on PS. I mean... its obviously tied to the fact that PS3 trophies where an "aftertaught" after the succes of achievements. My PS3 profile is rather small with not even 20 games, as my PS3 was bought in 2016 and its main purpose is to play Sony exclusives from the 7th gen along some older PS2 games that where re-released on PS3. Yet the "wait time" synching trophies bothers me and its only like 5 secs. 

I think when you earn a trophy it should automaticaly update to your profile. I don't understand still to this day why the PS3 has "2 profiles", when i sign up it kinda sign me on a generic profile on the PS3 and then on my PS network profile... 

I can only imagine guys that have 250 games or more on PS3 and have to wait to synch them up everytime.... oh boy. 

I just hate having trophies "unsynched" to online. Today i was continuing my Killzone 2 playtrough and unlocked a few tophies along the way and it took me all the small change to mustard not synching them before being done playing and then synching them. 

Everytime i unlock a trophy i want to synch it immediately :o

I heard on PS4 they synch super fast but i still question the reason why you need to do so... when a trophy unlock it should unlock both online/offline at the same time.