Worth getting a disc copy?

det0xxp

Seems like people in the US are also having issues with online servers even in a disc copy. Is this true and is it worth the hassle to get one?

I have the digital (Non PS+ version) and online pass and I still cant get on.

Edited by det0xxp

The disc copy is the only copy that works online (for US players) if I'm aware of. I have no issue with my disc copy going online but my digital won't log into the servers.

FTFY. Seems like UK and AU players that can access the Online Pass via the direct store link can also access multiplayer, but I've had confirmation from a couple of US people who have "bought" the Online Pass via direct link get an error message when accessing online features.

So far it seems the only issue is with the US (digital) Online Pass.

I draw the line when it comes to paying money to getting the trophies.  Ok I did it once for mug shot trophy for Burnout Paradise, but ya.  I made the line afterwords.  This isn't the first game where I have trophies for and not the platinum due to server closure.  So my profile isn't perfect anyways.  This is what I like about Battlefield, the servers with rent a servers will never go down.

Edited by captsplatter

I draw the line when it comes to paying money to getting the trophies.  Ok I did it once for mug shot trophy for Burnout Paradise, but ya.  I made the line afterwords.  This isn't the first game where I have trophies for and not the platinum due to server closure.  So my profile isn't perfect anyways.  This is what I like about Battlefield, the servers with rent a servers will never go down.

Same here. I don't want to give Sony(or whoever) more of my money, just to earn some trophies. They should have fixed the issues with the NA digital version, so I wouldn't have to. Or gave me a refund when I contacted support about it, shortly after buying the damn thing.  <_<

Possible solution, though I probably won't do it. Buy from GameStop, earn the trophies in 7 or less days, and return it for a refund.

• Like 1

This just boggles my mind, how digital and disc copies work with each other or don't. It's the same god damn game. -_-

Yes, this is frustrating. Here's one for you: Players who bought the original disc-based version of Destiny on PS4 and then went on to get the disc-based version of Destiny: The Taken King, can't use the original disc if they installed the updated version from the TTK disc, despite it being the same game, with the same patches downloaded.

But we digress.

• Like 1

Yes, this is frustrating. Here's one for you: Players who bought the original disc-based version of Destiny on PS4 and then went on to get the disc-based version of Destiny: The Taken King, can't use the original disc if they installed the updated version from the TTK disc, despite it being the same game, with the same patches downloaded.

But we digress.

Lets not forget the batman games, standard and GOTY were not cross save compatible, while 360's and probably PC's was.

Edited by captsplatter

Lets not forget the batman games, standard and GOTY were not cross save compatible, while 360's and probably PC's was.

What?

Arkham Asylum vanilla and GOTY did not have compatible saves on either the 360 or the PC. They even has separate achievement lists.

Arkham City does have cross saves on at least the 360, but the GOTY DLC content is not playable is you are using the vanilla disc (It's installed from a separate disc)

I have the Vanilla version and the GOTY version of AC on steam, and the saves do not go between them.

Same here. I don't want to give Sony(or whoever) more of my money, just to earn some trophies. They should have fixed the issues with the NA digital version, so I wouldn't have to. Or gave me a refund when I contacted support about it, shortly after buying the damn thing.  <_<

Possible solution, though I probably won't do it. Buy from GameStop, earn the trophies in 7 or less days, and return it for a refund.

Or let us delete trophies.

Same here. I don't want to give Sony(or whoever) more of my money, just to earn some trophies. They should have fixed the issues with the NA digital version, so I wouldn't have to. Or gave me a refund when I contacted support about it, shortly after buying the damn thing. <_<

Thought about doing that but cant even do that right now cause I'm kinda broke cause work is slow. I'm pretty confident I can grind it out in 2-3 days tops. Just pissed I can't get any online trophies even though I bought digital on sale forever ago. I usually just stick to disc games for trade in and get games I cant get disc digital. Made a mistake with this sale I guess. Oh well. I guess if I get some work I'll pick it up, and do the GameStop thing. If not then oh well I guess.