Really enjoying this

Greenguy81

Well decided to get this yesterday after reading a few reviews online, I've got to say I'm really impressed it's a great idea for a game and is something completely different. It has RPG elements to it and it does capture the thrill of the chase in hunting or the pure adrenaline when as a deer trying to run and hid from your predators.

Overall really glad I bought it for £8 (with plus discount) it really is a bit of a steal.

What do you guys think ???

Edited by Greenguy81

Official Synopsis below hope this helps AF

“In Tokyo Jungle, everything is the enemy, and only the strongest will survive!

“With over 50 playable animals to choose from, unleash your inner beast to hunt your way to the top of Tokyo’s post-apocalyptic food chain. Whether in Story or Survival Mode, you never know where your next meal will come from or the dangers you’ll face, so be prepared for anything and everything. Forage through this desolate but dangerous city to complete story-based challenges using a variety of survival skills, from all-out attack to stealth. Beware - you are not the only animal out there hunting for survival!”

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Greenguy81
  • Like 1

I keep hearing people say how awesome it is, but I know nothing about it at all. Fill a fella in who cant be arsed to google?

I sum it up like this. Hunt animals. Eat animals. Mate with animals. Repeat. Its simple but challenging. Each animal has a set of challenges so you can unlock new stronger animals. You then play survival mode collecting information on what happened to all the humans. When you get 3 pieces you can do another story level. Not only do you have to deal with fighting other animals. You have to be able to manage resources. Ive died several times because i ate everything i could.

This game is worth every penny. This game could be released on disc at full price, and knowing what I know now I would still buy it. The premise of this game is original, and it is done so well that I want to keep playing. There are lots of new animals to unlock, and I want to keep going back to get the new animals and see if I can live longer.

The game has a grand sense of adventure when you are a little porcupine wondering around this city. As you live longer, the food starts to become more scarce, so you have to work harder for it. Also predators get bigger and more plentiful. I found myself needing to sneak through a den of sleeping lions, because there happened to be a little garden on the other side.

Typically you have a radar showing you what is in close proximity, but when it gets foggy or rains heavily, you lose that radar and when it gets dark you lose visibility. Makes for a much more desperate search for food and places to hide. They also have toxicity levels. If you eat rotten/polluted food, or stay in polluted areas too long you will start to lose health.

This game gives you the idea that you really are a small animal in a large world fighting for your life. I recommend this game to everyone who has the time to play it.

• Like 1

This game is worth every penny. This game could be released on disc at full price, and knowing what I know now I would still buy it. The premise of this game is original, and it is done so well that I want to keep playing. There are lots of new animals to unlock, and I want to keep going back to get the new animals and see if I can live longer.

The game has a grand sense of adventure when you are a little porcupine wondering around this city. As you live longer, the food starts to become more scarce, so you have to work harder for it. Also predators get bigger and more plentiful. I found myself needing to sneak through a den of sleeping lions, because there happened to be a little garden on the other side.

Typically you have a radar showing you what is in close proximity, but when it gets foggy or rains heavily, you lose that radar and when it gets dark you lose visibility. Makes for a much more desperate search for food and places to hide. They also have toxicity levels. If you eat rotten/polluted food, or stay in polluted areas too long you will start to lose health.

This game gives you the idea that you really are a small animal in a large world fighting for your life. I recommend this game to everyone who has the time to play it.

I can honestly say that this game is on my must-buy list because of your summary. This is how they should have marketed the game.

• 1 month later...

My senses are confused, it looks bad yet awesome at the same time!! It certainly looks different enough to warrant giving it a go, and surely anything that features Chicks vs Dinosaurs has to be awesome... right?

You pretty much summed it up. That looks REALLY strange and well........different ;P, but that is what makes it interesting! lol

• 2 years later...

Highly recommend this game, it's a lot of fun and one of my hidden gems from last gen...oh, and its a bit mad!! Lol   Everything about the game is enjoyable, from the oddball premise to the stealth mechanics to the pack warfare, and hilarious and very rewarding gameplay.   Not long after I first started playing it I casually walked into the 'next' area only to be witness to dead bodies, a cacophony of growls and screeches and sheers mayhem playing out in front of me...turned out I'd walked right into a turf war that was taking place in the game regardless of whether I was there or not...I could not stop laughing!!

The game is bonkers but well worth experiencing, not many like this one.  :D

Finally got round to giving this a go today. It's certainly different. At first I thought "A little pom to start... How shit is that?!"

Then I grew to love the little bastard, it's a shame Mr Croc didn't think the same, evil git.

Oh, I hated the Crocodile when I was using the Pomeranian as well, just wait until things like Deinonychus start appearing, trying to run from a pack of those things is suicide with a Pomeranian (I should know  :facepalm: )