PSN servers going down? syncing trophies

Hello everyone so today i was thinking about if the PSN servers went down how would you be able to sync trophies becouse i've been preparing some online trophies for games on my ps3 so that if servers go down i've got the multiplayer trophies and can just get the singel player trophies but then i wouldn't be able to sync them to my profile so this kinda worries me guys please tell me your opinion on this subject. thanks :)

The servers that you use for syncing trophies are the same ones used for the core features of PSN. If they somehow went down, then syncing trophies would be the least of your worries, as you wouldn't be able to sign in, download games and patches, or interact with other users.

They won't go down because without them most of Sony's business would be screwed. But you're right that you wouldn't be able to sync trophies if it were to happen. Don't worry about it, though.

The servers that you use for syncing trophies are the same ones used for the core features of PSN. If they somehow went down, then syncing trophies would be the least of your worries, as you wouldn't be able to sign in, download games and patches, or interact with other users.

They won't go down because without them most of Sony's business would be screwed. But you're right that you wouldn't be able to sync trophies if it were to happen. Don't worry about it, though.

i heard that the xbox live servers where going down soon on xbox 360 so thats what i was worryed about that sony will soon shut down there servers to on ps3 becouse they said that they will have a new console out in like 3 years so they cant support 3 different PSN servers for 3 different console's forever

Edited by Phoenixgaming1

i heard that the xbox live servers where going down soon on xbox 360 so thats what i was worryed about that sony will soon shut down there servers to on ps3 becouse they said that they will have a new console out in like 3 years so they cant support 3 different PSN servers for 3 different console's forever

360 isn't going down anytime soon.

I think I understand where you're getting at. You are afraid the ps3 servers are going to go down soon.

Good news, you have nothing to fear for at least the foreseeable future. If they did shut them down (they'd give us a heads up), then, yes, you'd be unable to sync trophies. But like I said it's probably not going to happen for AT LEAST 2 years... probably 4+ years if I had to guess. It all depends on how many people play their ps3.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

The Xbox Live and PSN servers aren't split between consoles. If they get shut down for one console they get shut down for all of them.

I think I understand where you're getting at. You are afraid the ps3 servers are going to go down soon.

Good news, you have nothing to fear for at least the foreseeable future. If they did shut them down (they'd give us a heads up), then, yes, you'd be unable to sync trophies. But like I said it's probably not going to happen for AT LEAST 2 years... probably 4+ years if I had to guess.

ok :)

The Xbox Live and PSN servers aren't split between consoles. If they get shut down for one console they get shut down for all of them.

i never new that but if they are not split then way can't xbox player play online with ps3 player?

i never new that but if they are not split then way can't xbox player play online with ps3 player?

Oh, I meant not split between the different Xbox or Playstation systems.

Xbox 360 uses the same servers as Xbox One, so Xbox 360 can't be shut down by itself. The same goes for PSN and PS3/PS4/PSVita. PSN and Xbox Live aren't connected to each other, though.

Oh, I meant not split between the different Xbox or Playstation systems.

Xbox 360 uses the same servers as Xbox One, so Xbox 360 can't be shut down by itself. The same goes for PSN and PS3/PS4/PSVita. PSN and Xbox Live aren't connected to each other, though.

oh ok thanks good to know

i wouldn't worry about it man. PSN is both PS3,VITA and PS4. it's shared across all 3 sony systems. sony might cease one day to make any more ps3 systems but PSN would still be active, i don't see why it wouldn't be.

ok thanks

Why do people still worry about PS3...?

It IS alive.

It WILL be alive.

There won't be any shutdowns of servers or anything. Just the development of new games will stop.

PS3 is different from PS2/PSP particularly because of trophies and social features, they cannot cut off them as easily as PS2/PSP. 

• Like 2