How difficult is this game gonna be?

CompLex_2kG

The two trophies which were kinda challenging in Limbo were the less than 5 deaths one and the trophy which required you to take a short cut putting you completely in the dark. I don't see any of that in INSIDE. Kind of disappointed with that. Will buy the game regardless because I am a big Limbo fan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, vegetollo7 said:

I found most of the collectibles on my own, but either way when compared to Limbo the trophies are easy because all of them are related to collectibles exclusively.

Most doesnt =/= all. With a guide, yes (that's the sole reason why collectibles are easy). Without a guide, finding collectibles requires extreme repetition and luckyness, but the non coll trophies in Limbo can at least be guaranteed if youre skilled enough or practiced. 

On 2/19/2017 at 6:35 PM, Mar said:

Most doesnt =/= all. With a guide, yes (that's the sole reason why collectibles are easy). Without a guide, finding collectibles requires extreme repetition and luckyness, but the non coll trophies in Limbo can at least be guaranteed if youre skilled enough or practiced. 

Depends on the gamer. I personally like to explore off the beaten path so finding secrets and collectibles comes more naturally to me. Inside has a very linear design so it's not that hard to find optional areas and collectibles, especially if you're curious and willing to put in the time to explore. Limbo has more tricky platforming sections as well as platform related trophies which to me makes the trophy list slightly more difficult.

I doubt you can, for example, name a large list of games you found all the collectibles in without a guide that WASNT games where they tell you where they are like Just Cause and inFAMOUS series.  

Regardless of its linearity, Inside still has a fair bit of really tricky to find collectibles. Not all are as simple as "explore my ass off till I find it" n "explore the hell out of this area till I find it".

Inside is actually hard for the fact that there's no area collectible indicator telling you where to look for the collectibles, unlike most other games like Uncharted, TLOU, Killzone, COD, Crysis, etc. You never have any idea where to look for ones you missed. Good luck replaying the whole game many times till you get lucky.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2017 at 2:53 PM, Mar said:

I doubt you can, for example, name a large list of games you found all the collectibles in without a guide that WASNT games where they tell you where they are like Just Cause and inFAMOUS series.  

Regardless of its linearity, Inside still has a fair bit of really tricky to find collectibles. Not all are as simple as "explore my ass off till I find it" n "explore the hell out of this area till I find it".

Inside is actually hard for the fact that there's no area collectible indicator telling you where to look for the collectibles, unlike most other games like Uncharted, TLOU, Killzone, COD, Crysis, etc. You never have any idea where to look for ones you missed. Good luck replaying the whole game many times till you get lucky.

I agree with Vegetollo.  I find most collectibles in games without using guides.  It's rarely difficult to find them-- you just have to think like a designer a little bit.  And a guide is rarely needed these days anyway, because most games give you hints or a locator at some point.  But even when they don't, they're just usually not that hard to find.

But Limbo has that No Point In Dying trophy.  I got all of the Limbo trophies for PS3 except that one, without a guide, in less than a week.  A day for most of them in fact, and then another quick play-session or three to find the missing collectibles over the next few days.  But it took me 2 years to get the PS3 No Point in Dying trophy.  After days and days of practicing and a few weeks of trying on and off, I tabled it.  The game was no longer fun; it had simply become a frustrating chore.  It wasn't until I was playing the PS4 version much later that I continued trying for the deathless trophy, then went back to get it on the PS3 version as well.

I'm glad there isn't one like that in Inside.  It means I can enjoy the story, spend a little extra time grabbing collectibles if need be while continuing to explore the world, and then be happily finished with the game instead of having to do (what feels like to me) trained monkey work.

20 minutes ago, FranklynStreet said:

I agree with Vegetollo.  I find most collectibles in games without using guides.  It's rarely difficult to find them-- you just have to think like a designer a little bit.  And a guide is rarely needed these days anyway, because most games give you hints or a locator at some point.  But even when they don't, they're just usually not that hard to find.

But Limbo has that No Point In Dying trophy.  I got all of the Limbo trophies for PS3 except that one, without a guide, in less than a week.  A day for most of them in fact, and then another quick play-session or three to find the missing collectibles over the next few days.  But it took me 2 years to get the PS3 No Point in Dying trophy.  After days and days of practicing and a few weeks of trying on and off, I tabled it.  The game was no longer fun; it had simply become a frustrating chore.  It wasn't until I was playing the PS4 version much later that I continued trying for the deathless trophy, then went back to get it on the PS3 version as well.

I'm glad there isn't one like that in Inside.  It means I can enjoy the story, spend a little extra time grabbing collectibles if need be while continuing to explore the world, and then be happily finished with the game instead of having to do (what feels like to me) trained monkey work.

I'm not going to take either of y'alls words till I see proof. Let me see you find all collectibles in games like Jak 3, The Swapper, Uncharted Sequels, and so fourth without a guide. My point was finding all without a guide, not some or most. Some or most are easy with thorough exploration but youre not going to convince me you find them all on your own relatively easy and without a guide in non-linear corridors like Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Killzone Shadow Fall. Next, a guide is rarely used now a days? Did you just wake up from long term coma? This is incredibly false, and only was the case further back in the day. Most games do not give you locators, maybe openworld games have started to because of their large open worlds, but other genres are mostly the "find it yourself" as it's always been.

Even so, the fact that you're not told what chapters theyre in and there being no locator or sensor, makes it difficult to some extent. Limbo and Inside are lengthy enough to support that, it's not likely theyre short games.

Edited by Mar

They're pretty short games, actually.  And I have to stand by the fact that yes, most contemporary games do give you locators.  I also said that a guide is rarely needed these days (for me, anyway), not that most people don't use one.  Many people do use one, even if they don't need one, because they're lazy or because they're just trying to burn through the content and want to spend as little time as possible hunting around.  Some gamers who play exploration puzzle-solving games don't actually like exploration or puzzle-solving and just want to play a popular game for the experience.  Go figure.  Which is fine, but it doesn't change the fact that the games don't really need guides to complete.

As for Inside, the game is broken down into 67 different chapters, and the trophies are listed in order in the trophy list.  All you have to do is label the trophies 1-14, and then write down the chapter you find a collectible in.  For any you're missing, it becomes pretty easy to narrow down the chapters you need to look for any missing collectible, as the chapters in between the collectibles you've already found.

So yeah, I still maintain that the Limbo trophy requiring training your muscle memory and then executing with 5 deaths or less over the course of the Limbo's run-time is a much more time intensive and frustrating trophy than any collectibles.

That said, based on individual gamer skill and interest, ymmv.  I prefer puzzle and exploration games, and am not a big fan of twitch gaming, which to me is more a gauge of muscle training, repetition, and time investment than that skill or intelligence.  But again, that's my opinion, and other gamers have different ones relative to the ways they enjoy video games.  I can only speak for myself and what I happen to find comparatively easy.

• 2 months later...
On 5.4.2017 at 8:55 PM, Jak said:

Even so, the fact that you're not told what chapters theyre in and there being no locator or sensor, makes it difficult to some extent. Limbo and Inside are lengthy enough to support that, it's not likely theyre short games.

There being no indicator is just plain wrong...

The yellow cables indicate that there is a collectible nearby!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2017 at 6:35 PM, Jak said:

I don't think anyone really considers well hidden collectibles as difficulty. If you can use a guide and find them with zero effort or skill required, that is not difficult. Very few people if any are ever going to be able to find all the collectibles in a game without a guide unless they are all hidden in plain sight or there is some in-game feature (map or some ability that lets you locate them), and this is also why I don't like most collectibles and collectible trophies in general; they are just tedious and boring and require you to be glued to a guide instead of enjoying a game. If devs only required a percent of collectibles, made them easy to collect from chapter select, have good collectible tracking, and/or give you in-game tools to locate them, then it is much better imo.

Edited by StealthMonkey43
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

After I finished Limbo, I decided obviously to play the next game of the same studio, Inside then :)

I really loved this game, especially the graphics in cell-shading, the details in each level, and the most important, the level design of puzzle-solving! 

The adventure is also really thrilling, I tried to understand what's going and why the little boy has to escape from some security guards and it becomes clear when you progress through the game. Actually didn't expect that ending and the main point of why we were escaping something. Can't tell more but I found it amazing.  

I also loved the script when the decors get destructible. 

The challenge of this game is far easier than Limbo. No need to complete the game with no deaths or whatever, just finish the game and find all collectibles. Some collectibles were really hard to find for me but I only realized after 2 hours when I got my first collectible that the clue was the yellow cable hahaha. After I finished the game, I used a video guide to find the other collectibles I missed.

This game is clearly amazing and it's a must-play game to do in my opinion :)

But wonder when Playdead will release his next game because it's been already 4 years since Inside was released :o

Edited by Mystic_Snake