5pb Summer Sale (JP)

bladesoframen

For those of you who want to read VNs without worrying about import costs (or just want to hunt down some easy trophies), here is a sale on a bunch of 5pb VNs (and a few other 5pb games). As a note, if you want a used physical CE, they aren't much more expensive than the normal physical version being used for comparisons below.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/5pb%E3%82%B5%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB2016/cid=PN.CH.JP-PN.CH.MIXED.JP-CATEGORY00000274/2

Recommendations for PS3 games (price wise compared to the cheapest used copy I find on amazon.co.jp)

車輪の国、向日葵の少女 (~1.8k yen cheaper)

メモリーズオフ ゆびきりの記憶  (~1.2k yen cheaper)

花咲くまにまに (~100 yen cheaper)

メモリーズオフ6 Complete (~100 yen cheaper)

Disorder6 (~130 yen more expensive)

るいは智を呼ぶ (~200 yen more expensive)

BEYOND THE FUTURE - FIX THE TIME ARROWS - (~300 more expensive)

& - 空の向こうで咲きますように - (~400 yen more expensive)

俺たちに翼はない (~500 yen more expensive)

Chaos;Child (PS4 version is a lot cheaper than the alternative. PS3 is slightly more expensive, and stackable with the PS4 version. However, remember, this is a relatively new new VN, so price will go down over time.)

There also seems to be a discount code for 10% off, but not sure if it works: PRA98P6N5N  (source: http://www.jp.playstation.com/psn/store/cp/20160803-summerfinal/?tkgpscom=psstore_web_20160803-summerfinal)

A lot of the Vita prices are really good, but for us with Vita accounts not linked to a JP account, so it is pointless.

Edited by bladesoframen

Yeah, it's quite a nuisance for those unable or unwilling to import. Just bying from the PSN could've made the things so much simpler.

But also more expensive due to expensive codes.

Getting physical games is actually cheaper =D

Anyway, most games are much cheaper on eBay so either OreTsuba or Memories Off probably...

Code doesn't work in NA sadly :(

Weeeeell... it could be because it's a JP code?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Anyway, most games are much cheaper on eBay so either OreTsuba or Memories Off probably...

Weeeeell... it could be because it's a JP code?

I figured giving it a try was worthwhile :P

Where's my Steins;Gate? 

I need more Steins;Gate.

EDIT: On wait, nevermind its there. 

Regarding Steins;Gate universe, in the sale, the base PS3 game isn't offered, 3 of the spinoffs are Vita only, 1 was given away as JP PS+, and then you have Chaos;Child being relatively new.

Strangely, Vita VNs seem to always more expensive than their PS3 counterparts.

Also in my quick check of games, only the cost of having no wings on ebay was comparable to the cost on Amazon.co.jp. Sharin no Kuni, lovelyxcation, and Memories Off 6 were better to buy physical on amazon than ebay (assuming you import enough to reduce shipping fees)

The discount code works so if anyone is getting 3000 yen code, you can get anything from this sale as instead of 3240, it comes to 2916 =D

Happy purchase!

Thanks for confirming.

Strangely, Vita VNs seem to always more expensive than their PS3 counterparts.

Yea... guess because they are newer.

Also in my quick check of games, only the cost of having no wings on ebay was comparable to the cost on Amazon.co.jp. Sharin no Kuni, lovelyxcation, and Memories Off 6 were better to buy physical on amazon than ebay (assuming you import enough to reduce shipping fees)

Vita IS is also cheaper on eBay :P

Plus, eBay ones are usually free shipping, while Amazon.jp would cost a fortune...

And there's always bigger chance of custom charges for us Europeans when we buy things from Amazon than from eBay sellers that usually only send an envelope =D

And #basedAmazon, I only got Kiseki games in recommendations :awesome:

Any of these particularly quick from a trophy perspective? Since I can't understand Japanese, it would only be as a trophy boost/text skip experience.

A bit lazy to look up each one, but this person http://psnprofiles.com/Ty4edjust got a triple stack on chaos;child with each play being about 5 hrs. In general, if a VN has an over a 50% achievement rate, there is probably an easily followable trophy guide to get all the trophies. If the VN has over a 80% achievement rate, you can probably get the plat without a guide. If a VN has under 30% achievement, then the decisions are either incredibly complicated (like White Album), or has some annoying gameplay elements that aren't easy to fulfill, do not use these for easy trophies.

• Like 1

For the record, unless you have a Japanese credit card, you can't get Chaos;Child digitally since the sale of CERO Z games is restricted by law to adults only.

The age you set while creating account is not enough?

. If a VN has under 30% achievement, then the decisions are either incredibly complicated (like White Album), or has some annoying gameplay elements that aren't easy to fulfill, do not use these for easy trophies.

Ro-Kyu-Bu? :awesome:

The age you set while creating account is not enough?

IIRC, no. They probably do it that way because there's more of a chance of the purchase requiring parental input if they do that. It's also why getting the JP stack of Dead Nation on PS4 is so difficult outside of Japan.

Could anybody tell me how I can look at the Japanese webstore? I have yet to make a Japanese account, but lord knows I really need to. I hope there are a few Steins;Gate games on sale.

To look into the JP webstore, you need to be logged into either no account, or a jp account. As for Steins;Gate, the only one you can easily get on the store is Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram because the rest are either Vita games or have a CERO Z rating.

On another note, looks like 2 more Galgame sales opened up in JP, except all are Vita games except for 3 PS4 games, and all the PS4 games have no plats. Probably won't bother making a post for that.