Thoughts on Fans Bashing Critics Because of a Movie They Like

Crzy Minus

I think there's been a petition not too long ago to shut down Rotten Tomatoes, due to critics bashing so called 'good movies' before the people who complain even see them Or have that "Stop disliking what I like!" thing all over it.

And people say critics hate DC movies, ahem let me introduce you to the Dark Knight trilogy.

In my opinion Batman v Superman was not very good, and Suicide Squad was just bad. Though I liked Man of Steel when I saw it to an extend, but I feel like these new DC movies are getting on a new low to a point if the next DC movie is also like this I'll stop caring for these movies. Like eh, that was quite a run I guess.

But these fans are getting over-defensive on these movies. If you liked the movie it's fine keep your opinion open, but don't go smashing your keyboard on someone else because they didn't liked it. Everyone has their own fair opinions.

Overall it's just dumb, no big deal.

Edited by CrazyMv94

Fans who does those type of things are triggered and salty that the critics think the movie is shit in the first place. Seems dumb that I don't want to see  the movie,and the fans get all butthurt about it that they think the critics didn't even see the movie or diss at them of the new Ghostbusters movie too.

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

Reviews are always a bit subjective, but if there are more reviews with lots of critique, there must be some truth to it.

Maybe DC movies should stop being shit xD then they wouldn't get bad reviews. Seriously, their animated stuff is top notch, they should stick with that. And ofc The Dark Knight, is a good exception to prove the rule.

Lol :lol:.

Reviews are just opinions and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. People bashing a critic, or anyone else, just because of a difference in opinion shows just how immature some people can be.

I'm not surprised it's happening with the new Suicide Squad movie since it happens with every single movie, TV show, game, PS+ game list, Xbox GWG list, etc. that comes out.

Edited by BooneIronshield
  • Like 2

People need to stop giving 2 shits about reviews and think for themselves if they want to see a movie. Then, after they've seen it critique how they see fit without being a complete knob to people who have a different opinion. But I realise this is too much for the internet so I'll go back to my corner and pick my boogers ready for tea time.

• Like 3

Fans have a right to disagree with critics, but to have a website shut down over disagreement, is stupid and childish. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Rotten Tomatoes just a site that pools together all of the reviews and averages it out? It's not even a group of critics reviewing the movie. So all of these DC zealots who got their feelings hurt when Suicide Squad received poor reviews should grow some thick skin and accept that not everyone is going to think the way they do. Fucking children, the lot of them.

• Like 1

People need to stop giving 2 shits about reviews and think for themselves if they want to see a movie.

Couldn't agree more.  I tend not to bother reading reviews of a film/game/book/etc before watching/playing/reading/etc it.  I prefer to go into these things with an open mind and form my own opinions along the way.  If I enjoy it, then great, I can come back to it later on and experience it again.  If I don't, then I move on and do the same thing with the next movie or whatever.  I don't allow anyone else's opinions to influence whether or not I choose to do something recreational.  It's my free time, and it's up to me how I spend it.

• Like 1

Lets be real here, Batmon vs Supermin was dank as fuck. 11/10. 

The critics are running a hate campaign against the movie because their mothers aren't named Martha. 

Suicide crew is actually real good too, the critics are just offended by friendship as they have no friends and can't relate to or understand a friendship  between a psychopath and a 7ft sentient reptilian monster in human clothing.

Hence the unrepentant hatred towards the suicide gang.  

Dee Sea fo lyf. 

Edited by AWasteOfOxygen

People like that are usually simple-minded insecure fanboys who by and large have no idea what a good film is. They go in to validate their obsession with whatever the source material is, which is not what critics do. They go in expecting a film.

Critics don't hate DC movies, they hate shitty DC movies. Most moviegoers on this planet are not obsessive comic book fans, of course they're gonna hate BvS or Suicide Squad. That doesn't mean comic book fans aren't allowed to enjoy those movies, but for some reason fandom has become so cancerous and self-entitled in the past decade that people immediately get offended and start organizing riots because a 3 hours long action figure commercial got destroyed by the so-called majority of professional film critics.

• Like 1

There was also a petition to remove a negative review for Uncharted 4 from Metacritic, how quick people seem to forget that happened. That review is still there, BTW.

In all fairness that had to do with the shitty quality of said review which didn't talk about the game itself but merely raged against the very existence of the game.

In all fairness that had to do with the shitty quality of said review which didn't talk about the game itself but merely raged against the very existence of the game.

Shitty reviews are still part of the historical record. It's up to the general public themselves to decide if it's a valid review that is worthy of being regarded or not, not a bunch of Uncharted fans who get to decide what the public sees or not. Despite what you say, there is no fairness to that.

Shitty reviews are still part of the historical record. It's up to the general public themselves to decide if it's a valid review that is worthy of being regarded or not, not a bunch of Uncharted fans who get to decide what the public sees or not. Despite what you say, there is no fairness to that.

It dilutes the aggregate and makes it inaccurate. I understand its a slippery slope but people having valid criticisms of a product =/= a rant with no score being placed as a review, because Metacritic pulled that 4/10 out of its ass btw

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Rotten Tomatoes just a site that pools together all of the reviews and averages it out? It's not even a group of critics reviewing the movie. 

Actually there are 2 scores. One called Tomotometer made up of just critics (26%) and another one which is the audience (75%). I can see why people are complaining, look at that difference between the critics and general audience. 

• Like 1

Actually there are 2 scores. One called Tomotometer made up of just critics (26%) and another one which is the audience (75%). I can see why people are complaining, look at that difference between the critics and general audience. 

Critics reviews will always be better than those anonymous user reviews. User reviews are always either ridiculous 0s from haters or 10s from fanboys with no inbetween, and since this is a DC movie fanboys are exceptionally rabid.

It dilutes the aggregate and makes it inaccurate. I understand its a slippery slope but people having valid criticisms of a product =/= a rant with no score being placed as a review, because Metacritic pulled that 4/10 out of its ass btw

Don't care about any extenuating circumstances. Any thinking person can see it's not a valid review. But that petition being successful would've set a precedent for people trying to get legitimate reviews they don't like for far less valid reasons taken down. That's why I'm glad it stays up.