PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

Yeah Ape Escape 2, The Warriors and Red Dead Revolver were crazy for not having plats. :(

Yeah, especially Ape Escape 2 (only one of those I've played), they could have added in more trophies, such as a trophy for completing each section of the Gotcha Box.  As in, a trophy for all stories completed, one for all stage pictures obtained, etc, etc.

Yeah, especially Ape Escape 2 (only one of those I've played), they could have added in more trophies, such as a trophy for completing each section of the Gotcha Box.  As in, a trophy for all stories completed, one for all stage pictures obtained, etc, etc.

It didn't even need you to capture all monkeys for the 100% did it?

That one it did, since you need to capture all monkeys to face Specter a second time and capture him.  Then a second turn as Spike, so two full playthroughs.

But that stupid dancing minigame... 50 points is bullshit.

So really, the game still asks you to do a lot and not get much out of it trophy wise.

That one it did, since you need to capture all monkeys to face Specter a second time and capture him.  Then a second turn as Spike, so two full playthroughs.

But that stupid dancing minigame... 50 points is bullshit.

So really, the game still asks you to do a lot and not get much out of it trophy wise.

Ah right so even with what it already asks you to do it's worth a platinum. :(

Ah right so even with what it already asks you to do it's worth a platinum. :(

Yeah, that's what I feel like with that game, they could have added in more trophies for sure and given it a platinum.  I mean don't get me wrong, I'm still pleased they got the game released anyway with trophies, would have loved more that x.x

But hey, seeing Red Faction's list is nice for sure, I wonder what Red Faction 2 will ask of us then :D

• Like 1

I can confirm, both games are on the store.  But Destroy All Humans 2 is a higher price, same as the first game.  Doesn't matter, since I'll be getting Red Faction tonight once I get paid :D

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-nz/ps2-classics-on-ps4/cid=STORE-MSF75508-DISCOVERPS2ONPS4

But hey, that's good news, two PS2 games this week instead of one, and both with a platinum :D

• Like 1

I can confirm, both games are on the store.  But Destroy All Humans 2 is a higher price, same as the first game.  Doesn't matter, since I'll be getting Red Faction tonight once I get paid :D

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-nz/ps2-classics-on-ps4/cid=STORE-MSF75508-DISCOVERPS2ONPS4

But hey, that's good news, two PS2 games this week instead of one, and both with a platinum :D

Indeed, both Destroy All Humans 2 and Red Faction this week for the PAL region. Nice to have more than one release at the same time again, it's been a while! xD

Red Faction hasn't appeared on the NTSC store yet though so I'd expect the leaked date of next Tuesday to be correct for them. First time we PALers have gotten one first too!

Indeed, both Destroy All Humans 2 and Red Faction this week for the PAL region. Nice to have more than one release at the same time again, it's been a while! xD

Red Faction hasn't appeared on the NTSC store yet though so I'd expect the leaked date of next Tuesday to be correct for them. First time we PALers have gotten one first too!

Yeah, about time us guys get something ahead of them Americans! xD

Edited by DrakeHellsing
  • Like 2

Ape Escape 3 got rated once again by PEGI today, something tells me it might be released on December.

Anyways, I'll make sure to make a separate thread if an official release date its given.

Oh god, yes please... I have been wanting that game for a while now.  Doubt I would 100% it myself, but it'll be fun to play through regardless, so hey, I'm all for it :D

But, I have a feeling it'll be a 100% list, much like Ape Escape 2 was.

Oh god, yes please... I have been wanting that game for a while now.  Doubt I would 100% it myself, but it'll be fun to play through regardless, so hey, I'm all for it :D

Yes maybe.

Edited by Finozzi1696

If I'm remembering correctly, this is actually the second time Ape Escape 3 has been re-rated (so third overall). I don't know what's going on at Sony for them to submit this for classification three times but it seems really strange, especially seeing as it's an old game so it's not going to change! xD

Hopefully it's third time lucky though and it means this is finally releasing, its waaaaay overdue!

If I'm remembering correctly, this is actually the second time Ape Escape 3 has been re-rated (so third overall). I don't know what's going on at Sony for them to submit this for classification three times but it seems really strange, especially seeing as it's an old game so it's not going to change! xD

Hopefully it's third time lucky though and it means this is finally releasing, its waaaaay overdue!

Maybe they're trying to make it more official now? Either way I am stocked, the 3rd one was awesome with all the movie sets, very fun indeed.  Hopefully no annoying trophies in this one, like the 2nd one and that stupid dancing minigame trophy.

• Like 1

On 2016-11-30 at 4:43 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

Maybe they're trying to make it more official now? Either way I am stocked, the 3rd one was awesome with all the movie sets, very fun indeed.  Hopefully no annoying trophies in this one, like the 2nd one and that stupid dancing minigame trophy.

If the rhythm minigame had the arrows it's supposed to, then it wouldn't be bad. Since it's super forgiving, I got it with quite a few errors in my successful run. But it's still stupid as hell that there's no arrows for *when to push the sticks in*. NA version had them I believe, not sure about the Japanese version. Very silly.

Even more silly is the option in the minigame for disabling/enabling "arrows"... is for the actual prompts for what to push. Who would ever disable the prompts you're supposed to be pushing in a rhythm game? Imagine Hatsune Miku without the icons floating by that you're supposed to push. Just guessing at when and what to push the entire song. That's just bad design. SCEE plz.

And I can't say I'm too heartbroken Ape Escape 2 didn't have a 100% trophy, because you get all the Apes well before you would get all the random items. And farming coins would be quite obnoxious... though I probably would have done it for a plat. :P

Edited by Elvick_

I really wish all of these had platinums. Most of the PS2 games releasing on PS4 have been full-fledged games. Max Payne, Primal, Red Dead Revolver, Siren, Twisted Metal Black all deserved plats

I believe the reason why they didn't got a plat might be 'cause they don't want to take even longer to release this PS2 games on PS4. If it takes them 2-3 months to add 20-40 trophies + platinum then it must take them only 1 month to add only 11 trophies without a plat. So yes if it weren't for trophies we would be getting them faster, but then again I wouldn't be excited about them if they didn't had them.

Anyways hoping to see a new leak this week, RF1 is coming this Tuesday for NA and I believe AE3 might also be released this month.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Hopefully we do get a leak soon for what's coming soon for the next set of PS2 games.  I mean if we do get Ape Escape 3 this month, I'll be happy for sure.  Wonder if they'll make you play as both characters for a trophy each? I mean I can imagine that they will... possibly.  Since I know in that game you could pick between the boy or girl to play as.

Anyways hoping to see a new leak this week, RF1 is coming this Tuesday for NA and I believe AE3 might also be released this month. I'll (singular) make sure to inform everyone here if a new rating shows up because apparently some people doesn't want me to talk to them and I'm not getting anything in return for what I've been doing on their threads.

You're just making yourself look childish now. For the record everyone, this is his response to my choosing to play Lara Croft Go instead of something he's been trying to blackmail me into playing, and/or because I should be "a better friend" by being on his every beck and call 24/7 even though I've always replied to him (something he can't say he's done) and talk to him several times a week. Didn't want it to come to this but I'm just so sick of finding these frankly pathetic, whiney comments left around the internet for me to find.

Sorry everyone! :(

With how lacking PS4 titles have been, you'd think they'd be dishing out more PS2 classics for us to buy on the PSN store. They have some, but they haven't even scratched the most popular titles. I would like to see these available to play on PS4 sometime soon:

State of Emergency

GUN

Playboy The Mansion

The Punisher

Spiderman 2

Mortal Kombat 6,7,8

The Suffering 1 & 2

Scarface The World Is Yours

Rampage Total Destruction

Shellshock Nam' 67

Mademan: Confessions Of The Family Blood

The Urbz: Sims In The City

Tony Hawk's Underground 1 & 2

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

True Crime 1 & 2

The Simpsons Hit & Run

NFL Street 1 & 2

Darkwatch

Predator Concrete Jungle

JAWS Unleashed

I don't mean to sound like I just ate a bunch of member berries here, but shit man, this current generation of gaming blows. Where is all the original ideas? Where are all the good games that you just can't put down? I barely play games anymore on PS4, I mostly just watch YouTube or the WWE Network. 

• Like 2

With how lacking PS4 titles have been, you'd think they'd be dishing out more PS2 classics for us to buy on the PSN store. They have some, but they haven't even scratched the most popular titles. I would like to see these available to play on PS4 sometime soon:

It's all down to which publishers Sony can get on board unfortunately. So far there's only been a handful of games from the few publishers signed on: Rockstar, THQ Nordic, SNK and Sony themselves monstly. So anything from them is more likely at this stage until others jump in. Your first wish is actually a Rockstar game so you may be in luck there, you never know! :) A good few of the others though are licenced properties (films, TV etc.) so it makes it more difficult due to copyrights and the like.

• 2 weeks later...