PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

50 minutes ago, dell9300 said:

PS2 fighters compilation "Fu'un Super Combo" coming to PS4

Everytime I read about SNK I wonder if they ever make something else besides fighters. I know they also have Metal Slug and Wind Jammers is quite popular too but besides that? :D And when I look at the (surely not complete) list of SNK-games on Wiki I have to say: Nope, nothing besides that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SNK_games#PlayStation_2

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Everytime I read about SNK I wonder if they ever make something else besides fighters. I know they also have Metal Slug and Wind Jammers is quite popular too but besides that? :D And when I look at the (surely not complete) list of SNK-games on Wiki I have to say: Nope, nothing besides that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SNK_games#PlayStation_2

Yeah SNK were/are quite the one trick pony it seems. I suppose you could say fighting games are their speciality, to put it a nicer way. :P They're of no interest to me but perhaps someone will appreciate them bringing a lot of harder to get / lesser known, I'll say "gems" but of course I have no idea if they are, to the PS4. 

Personally I'm holding out for Rockstar's next releases which are bound to be the GTA Stories. They haven't released one in a while so shouldn't be too far off now, fingers crossed! :D 

7 minutes ago, dell9300 said:

Yeah SNK were/are quite the one trick pony it seems. I suppose you could say fighting games are their speciality, to put it a nicer way. :P They're of no interest to me but perhaps someone will appreciate them bringing a lot of harder to get / lesser known, I'll say "gems" but of course I have no idea if they are, to the PS4. 

Personally I'm holding out for Rockstar's next releases which are bound to be the GTA Stories. They haven't released one in a while so shouldn't be too far off now, fingers crossed! :D 

Both SNK and Rockstar ain't of interest for me. The only Rockstar-games I really liked were surprisingly the ones that were made by DMA Design. Mainly Body Harvest, Space Station Silicon Valley and the first two GTAs. ^^

Somehow I wish some other devs would finally jump on the bandwagon. Mainly Bandai Namco. IMO they have some nice games I would like to play like Klonoa 2 or the Taiko Drum Master-game for PS2.

12 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Both SNK and Rockstar ain't of interest for me. The only Rockstar-games I really liked were surprisingly the ones that were made by DMA Design. Mainly Body Harvest, Space Station Silicon Valley and the first two GTAs. ^^

Somehow I wish some other devs would finally jump on the bandwagon. Mainly Bandai Namco. IMO they have some nice games I would like to play like Klonoa 2 or the Taiko Drum Master-game for PS2.

DMA were legends, needs to be said. I was surprised GTA 1&2 were never released as PSone Classics actually, would've made sense since the rest of the series was put on the Store.

You're not alone, it's about time more publishers got involved but then again Nordic haven't long since joined in. Hopefully 2017 will see more though. Oh yeah Klonoa 2 is definitely a good shout with how expensive it's gotten for PS2. 

7 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Looks like the game's list is up, no platinum... but one that requires you to play each of the games of course: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5702-fuun-super-combo

With the trophy list up I wouldn't be surprised if it's released this Tuesday. I also wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't sell that well! xD Nobody seems to have ever heard of it and right now there's no coverage of this release anywhere which is a first for a PS2-PS4 game! 

On 12/18/2016 at 11:43 PM, dell9300 said:

With the trophy list up I wouldn't be surprised if it's released this Tuesday. I also wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't sell that well! xD Nobody seems to have ever heard of it and right now there's no coverage of this release anywhere which is a first for a PS2-PS4 game! 

Saw it on our store before, so it's up as well over here, not sure if anywhere else in PAL... but it's yet another full priced game, as in, The Warriors priced game.  Same price as that game for a 100% list.

4 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Saw it on our store before, so it's up as well over here, not sure if anywhere else in PAL... but it's yet another full priced game, as in, The Warriors priced game.  Same price as that game for a 100% list.

It's up in Gremany as well. Should be available everywhere else too then.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

The Entertainment Software Rating Board has rated the 2001-launched Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland and 2004-launched Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition for PlayStation 4.

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/esrb-rates-harvest-moon-save-homeland-harvest-moon-wonderful-life-special-edition-ps4

This feels like a reaction to the success of Stardew Valley. It's a smart move.

46 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

It'll be my first time playing a Harvest Moon game, which I'm all for.  Been meaning to play one for a while, and if one comes to the PS4, it'll be nice to give it a go.

5 hours ago, dell9300 said:

New Year's Update: Harvest Moon, MX vs ATV and ADK Damashii coming next to PS4, also God Hand?

Happy New Year everyone! :) I'm back from my Christmas break with the first update of the year, and it's a big one! Not one, but five more PS2 games possibly coming to PS4 in the near future!

Harvest-Moon-Rated-ESRB-PS4_12-31-16.jpg

First up: Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - Special Edition. The ESRB stealthily updated their ratings for these two PS2 games over the holidays, adding PS4 to both listings. This also signifies a new publisher is on board, Natsume. Thanks to @Crimson Idol letting us know about these in my absence. :)

n3.jpg

Next is the racing game MX vs. ATV Untamed, the latest leak from THQ Nordic. This one comes from a new PEGI rating for a PS4 release. While this game was also originally released for PS3, it's more likely to be an emulation of the PS2 release, rather than a remaster, as with Nordic's previous releases of Destroy All Humans! and Red Faction late last year. It's also worth noting that online interactions are not listed on the PS4 rating further supporting an emulated release. 

0068.jpg

Following on from the release of Fu'un Super Combo last month, SNK has announced they will also be releasing ADK Damashii on PS4 early this year. Another previously Japan-only PS2 compilation, ADK includes five classic Neo Geo games: Aggressors of Dark Kombat, Ninja Master's: Haō Ninpō Chō, Ninja Combat, Ninja Commando and Twinkle Star Sprites.

DiJjJ.jpg

Finally, while revealing new details about Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, a "Capcom insider" revealed that the PS2 beat 'em up God Hand will be released on PS4 to coincide with the announcement of Gene's inclusion in MvCI. Gene is the main playable character of God Hand. Take this one with a pitch of salt though as for now there's no confirmation so it's just rumour. It would be a pretty significant release though if true as it would mark Capcom's inclusion in the PS2 emulation, a major publisher with many highly requested titles in it's portfolio.

More games i ain't heard of fs. Wish they release games that i know about lol. 

On 08/01/2017 at 6:20 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

I've heard about God Hand often, but to make sure... is it a beat em up? As i, in the style of say, God of War? Meaning, you run around, beating up enemies to move onto the next area and in turn, advancing the story that way?

I haven't played it myself but yeah I think it's along the same lines as God of War, Devil May Cry etc. but with even more emphasis on the combat, there are over a hundred moves apparently! 

MX vs. ATV Unleashed joining Untamed in releasing for PS4

It seems the first game in the MX vs. ATV series, MX vs. ATV Unleashed will also be coming to PS4 after an ESRB rating for it has shown up. This follows the other PS2 game in the series, MX vs. ATV Untamed, which was also recently rated for a PS4 release.

133346.ps2mxvsatvunleashedgc5.jpg

11 hours ago, MeteorHawk said:

Amazed we haven't gotten any of the Timesplitters yet. All three and all with platinum trophies would just make my life.

A highly requested series for sure! It's in the hands of Crytek now though and sadly it doesn't seem like they're very interested in the IP, not with TS4's cancellation and no news about TS Rewind for years now. :( 

Edited by dell9300

If Timesplitter, the PS2 One, will ever be released on Ps4 Oh well by My life time for at least a Month on just that game xD It was so wonderful, i had a lot fo time and spent HOURS on Ps2 building maps :3

Anyway Cool another MX Vs ATV, Not a huge fan of this games but i like them so maybe if their base price is 10 € and not 15 € i'll get them :D