MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death - September 13th (NA) & September 16th (EU)

BooneIronshield

logo_l.png

First off I'm sorry if there is already a topic about this, I searched the entire site for MeiQ and only found posts about it in the "Project Platinum" section.

MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death is a first person dungeon crawler like Demon Gaze, Operation Abyss, Dungeon Travelers 2, Stranger of Sword City, Wizardry, Class of Heroes, Moe Chronicle, etc. It will release on September 13th in the US and September 16th in the EU. The regular edition is currently available for pre-order through various retailers and the limited edition is available to pre-order through Iffy's Online Store for $57.99 - http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/Meiq-le

The game's webpage - http://ideafintl.com/meiq/

Game features both English and Japanese voiceover with English subtitles.

Taken from the above page in the "Story" section - "One day, the rotation of this planet stopped.

The world was shrouded in darkness, and monsters roamed freely in the endless night.

To return the planet to normal, it was necessary to wind the Planet Key.

The young Machina Mage, Estra, sets off along with her Guardian to challenge the Four Towers, and the Deities within.

The Five chosen Machina Mages, the Three Shadows of Darkness, and the mysterious Dragon Skull Warrior...

Can Estra overcome the many trials she faces, and bring light back to the world?

Estra's adventure now begins."

Gameplay Screenshots - 10 Images. More images are located on various pages of the game's site.

Meiq_2.jpg

Meiq_1.jpg

Meiq_3.jpg

Meiq_4.jpg

Meiq_5.jpg

Meiq_6.jpg

Meiq_7.jpg

Meiq_8.jpg

Meiq_9.jpg

Meiq_10.jpg

Limited Edition Pictures - 6 Images

MEIQ1_LE_SET_US_FULLSET__57008.146966053

MEIQ1_LE_SET_US_Mousepad__78232.14696457

MEIQ1_LE_SET_US_AB__23416.1469645741.128

MEIQ1_LE_SET_US_OST__74997.1469645750.12

MEIQ1_LE_SET_US_VITAcase__62175.14696457

MEIQ1_LE_SET_US_FULLSET__85254.146964576

Given it's a first person dungeon crawler I naturally had to pre-order the limited edition.  :yay:  :yay:  :dance:  :dance:

Edited by BooneIronshield
  • Like 2

Maybe you would skip it anyway.

If it's not rated in Australia, the same could happen to Germany :awesome:

Nah, a non-rating is not a game-breaker for me. Sorcery Saga also wasn't rated in Germany (seems like Rising Star never send it in for the rating) and I own it.

And it was already rated by the USK with a age 16-rating. ;)

Are these how dungeon crawlers usually are? Because those characters where fighting with like guardians next to their avatars and crap and I've never seen that in a dungeon crawler before.

Typically no, though certain ones do give you summoning abilities, such as Etrian Odyssey and Dungeon Travelers 2. I've never seen one where it's such a fundamental gameplay mechanic like it appears to be in MeiQ though and it's actually one of the things that's really got me curious about the game.

• Like 1

Everytime I see that character designs I have to think of all those low-quality OELVNs on Steam. Totally not liking it. 

As I'm not a dungeon-crawler person I will skip this game. Still I'm curious how it will be compared to the Experience Games. :hmm:

for me its the other way around i like the designs, its cute

Are these how dungeon crawlers usually are? Because those characters where fighting with like guardians next to their avatars and crap and I've never seen that in a dungeon crawler before.

Demon Gaze also has summoning abilities, but only 1 demon can be summoned at a time and summons only act once per turn.

• Like 1

Demon Gaze also has summoning abilities, but only 1 demon can be summoned at a time and summons only act once per turn.

Thanks, I knew I was forgetting at least 1 lol. I also forgot that Operation Abyss has it with the Conjurer class too, though I've never bothered with that class beyond creating it for the trophy lol.

Thanks, I knew I was forgetting at least 1 lol. I also forgot that Operation Abyss has it with the Conjurer class too, though I've never bothered with that class beyond creating it for the trophy lol.

No problem :D. Oh yeah, I forgot about that class. It was introduced so late into the game and I didn't want to train someone from level 1 again, so I ignored the Monk and Conjurer. Platted the game using the team I got from the start :lol:.

Oh, the game that is too much for Australia.

More dungeon crawlers are always welcomed.

Australia have banned a few games this year, Just wait for the VR to come in, everything will get banned due to interaction. Could be time to move to another county for me.

As for the gamestyle could be an interesting concept I am just worried that the summons may go over the top. Either way my UK version is ordered still get the AU/NZ non-export edition so it's a tad cheaper from the website.

Edited by fisty123