Valkyria: Azure Revolution comes for Vita too!

ab4h4r4k1

Just saw the news on ANN:

Sega began streaming a new teaser video for the Valkyria: Azure Revolution role-playing game on Friday that reveals the game's January 19 release date in Japan. The video also reveals that the game will also ship for the PlayStation Vita in addition to the previously announced PlayStation 4 version. The game was previously slated for winter 2016.

The downloadable and package editions of the PS4 version will retail for 7,990 yen (about US$79.50), and the downloadable and package editions of the PS Vita version will retail for 6,990 yen (US$69.50). First editions of the game will come with a product code for an additional prequel story titled "The formation of Vanargand" that will be fully voiced. Certain retailers in Japan are also offering additional bonuses such as pin badge, a B2-size tapestry, and a product code for bonus items, among others.

The game will be playable at this year's Tokyo Game Show event next month, and those who attend and play the game at the game's booth will get a product code for a "battle demo Ver.2.0" as a gift. Sega will also reveal a new trailer at the event.

Here is the trailer:

https://youtu.be/w0MeuPLXGcU

I am genuinely surprised by this. Now waiting on the news of it's english localization.

Edited by ab4h4r4k1

Vita versions are always welcome! It remains to be seen if we'll be getting the Vita version in the west though. It will most likely be digital only if we do.

Hopefully this Battle Demo Ver2.0 will have the changes us fans wanted, AKA less action and more Strategy RPG. It's the only thing that stops me being more excited about the game. I'd love if it played like the other games in the series

NO WAY O.O

VALKYRIA ON HANDHELD AGAIN!
I CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!

Welp, that's one game down from PS4's miniature list =D

Localization seems more likely than the Shining Resonance, at least. Yeah, I've pretty much abandoned all hope for the Shining series ever returning to us...

No way we could get Resonance... 

Not to mention, considering the first thing we get after so long is the fighter and for PC, Shining is pretty low on SEGA's list .(

@Dragon: Maybe you should first try Valkyria Chronicles :D 

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Another Valkyria game? I should really try one. The music in the video sounds great btw.

I really hope this comes to the West. The first game is the first (and so far, only) PS3 game without trophies that I have finished. Now there is a PS4 remaster with trophies so it's even better. The PSP sequel is also good but tones down the war theme and could almost be a high school class kind of game. It's the best PSP game on Vita. ;)

You should really play it, Dragon, it's a great game.

I really hope this comes to the West. The first game is the first (and so far, only) PS3 game without trophies that I have finished. Now there is a PS4 remaster with trophies so it's even better. The PSP sequel is also good but tones down the war theme and could almost be a high school class kind of game. It's the best PSP game on Vita. ;)

You should really play it, Dragon, it's a great game.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Wow it looks a Cool game, waiting for more news and Videos about the gameplay itslef now!

Mmm Sega, don't know if be happy or not, i mean if they do as Project Diva yeah after some months we'll see it here, if they do like Yakuza we have to hope and wait years...

Plus OH!!! Daisuke Ono for the male and Saori Hayamani, already the names are amazing so hopefully we can choose Jap as language :P

Yes, to a Valkyria games...especially a vita one. It been a long time since the PS2/PS1/PSP games

But the Valkyria games were never on PS1 or PS2. Valkyria Chronicles is on PS4 and PS3, while the sequels are PSP only. Are you sure you're not getting mixed up with Valkyrie Profile?

But the Valkyria games were never on PS1 or PS2. Valkyria Chronicles is on PS4 and PS3, while the sequels are PSP only. Are you sure you're not getting mixed up with Valkyrie Profile?

Valkyria Profile was on PS1

Valkyria Lenneth PSP.

Valkyria Profile 2: Silmeria

Mistook the Profiles games....which I hope they do revisit...

Should have known when I Sega it was Chronicles.  Now hoping they bring VC3 Gold to VIta.

Edited by Kishnabe

Valkyria Profile was on PS1

Valkyria Lenneth PSP.

Valkyria Profile 2: Silmeria

Mistook the Profiles games....which I hope they do revisit...

Should have known when I Sega it was Chronicles.  Now hoping they bring VC3 Gold to VIta.

Valkyrie Profile. Valkyrie Profile... They're similar names, I'll let you off.  xD

Well technically they've already revisited Valkyrie Profile, it's just not in the way we wanted.  :( http://gematsu.com/2016/04/valkyrie-anatomia-now-available-japan

Now what would really be awesome is if they made Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria a PS2 classic on PS4. A sequel that isn't some trash mobile game would be nice too.  xD