Adding "Online Required" as a Tag

Maxie_M0us3

Hi! I noticed many times while building some guides that some trophies don't fill up the tag "Multiplayer only" which means when a trophy is earned by online multiplayer.

But many trophies in various games require to access/submit to a Leaderboard, upload photos/levels/contents, beating friends scores from a Leaderboard, rating levels, etc. So many trophies don't involve to play multiplayer against other players, but instead trophies with various tasks and are dependent from game servers to be unlocked.

What do you think guys? Should we add "Online Required" as a tag in guides?

Edited by Max654
  • Like 1

Tags like "Leaderboard Specific", "Media Upload" and "LAN Multiplayer" would be suitable, since there are probably more trophies like these than trophies that require the PlayStation Eye camera, while there is an "Eye Required" tag. But people normally jump to the multiplayer trophies to see exactly what they entail when they look at a guide on here. The LAN tag would be good because it would let people know if the trophy will still be obtainable after the servers close or if someone can do it in LAN rather than risking a disconnect on the official servers. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

I'm surprised one of the guide team hasn't chimed on why this isn't necessary, where they've seemed to sandbag every other suggestion people have made toward making the guides more functional. Like being able to scroll the Guide Contents independently of the rest of the page so you can use it like an index like you should be able to, instead of scrolling through half the main page just to reach the bottom of the Guide Contents. Or tags in trophy descriptions that tell you what step in the roadmap a trophy falls in so you aren't scrolling back and forth between the trophies and roadmap while you're figuring out how to batch your trophy efforts together.

"Multiplayer Only" is too vague. There's already a tag for Online Coop, there can also be other ones that outline what you also need online for: Online-Leaderboard, Online-Media Upload, Online-PvP, etc, like that one guy said above. I approve this suggestion, but my opinion doesn't matter.

• Like 1

I've added "Online Required" in the upcoming update.

Nice! thank you Sly!

Can I come with more tags?

- "Ad-Hoc Only" a few Vita games come with trophies using Ad-Hoc only, and extensively, it requires two Vita next to each other. I must say the developpers coming with these trophies are evil, considering the amount of people who own a Vita. Yes the number of Ad-Hoc trophies are rare nowadays (compared to Vita launch) but it may ever happen when it comes to the Vita.

- How about "LAN" (Local Area Network) as tag too when some games offers to unlock trophies in LAN? Maybe it's unecessary and it's so rare, and ONLY good to mention it when it occurs. So I consider this tag away from the plan.

- There are some games you play through levels, and that's all. There's no story, just purely gameplay. There are some unmissable trophies you will unlock anyway by completing the game. Only levels, no story. Should we consider adding a "Solo", "Campaign" or "Solo Campaign" tag? Or any other word expressing this term? I guess we only notice with a tag when a trophy is specifically offline/online co-op, multiplayer or online only, when it is outside to the Solo play.

Edited by Max654

- "Ad-Hoc Only" a few Vita games come with trophies using Ad-Hoc only, and extensively, it requires two Vita next to each other. I must say the developpers coming with these trophies are evil, considering the amount of people who own a Vita. Yes the number of Ad-Hoc trophies are rare nowadays (compared to Vita launch) but it may ever happen when it comes to the Vita.

Since we can categorize 2 types of Ad-Hocs - offline (doable solo) and online (requires actual 2nd person), I think online tag should be enough to cover this :)

Since we can categorize 2 types of Ad-Hocs - offline (doable solo) and online (requires actual 2nd person), I think online tag should be enough to cover this :)

Or simply "Ad-Hoc" in short. The only Ad-Hoc doable alone I know was in Paint Park Plus.

Edited by Max654