My quest for a 100% profile

ladynadiad

if want some advice the quickest game to plat on that list is the witch and the hundred knight. 

final fantasy X and X-2 will take longer than a month to plat :(. thats how long it took to me while putting in a good deal of hours in per day.

(the one listed is an estimate).

Edited by kingdrake2

All I can say is good luck man! That's a lot of JRPGS to play thru.

Yes it is and it doesn't help that over the years my attention span has shrunk considerably.  That's part of why I play on PC more, lots of short games on there.

if want some advice the quickest game to plat on that list is the witch and the hundred knight. 

final fantasy X and X-2 will take longer than a month to plat :(. thats how long it took to me while putting in a good deal of hours in per day.

(the one listed is an estimate).

I should probably mention that FFX and FFX-2 wouldn't count as a first PS3 plat anyhow.  Any game that has a Vita version, I buy on Vita. 

So about how long is The Witch and the Hundred Knight?  I couldn't find a guide for it among other games, which was part of why I posted this since I figured someone may have a better idea with some of those lesser known games.  I do know Hakuoki is estimated about 30 hours, it's also a VN so nothing hard.  Time and Eternity seems to be the next shortest with an estimate of about just under 40 hours.

Yes it is and it doesn't help that over the years my attention span has shrunk considerably.

This has happened to me also. Its really painful to me, because I then cant appreciate or understand heavy story driven games like I use to. Im playing mostly MP games nowadays. In addition to those two things, it takes me weeks just to beat a game once, regardless of how short it is (excluding 1-2hr games). This has also heavily affected my trophy hunting skill/hobby, which is why ill be retiring very soon; im too slow, take too many breaks, among other things. And I have decent spare time to do these things, but time isnt the issue, its my AS.

Knowing this has made me want to quit gaming all together. I dont just want to invest time in mp in games.

Awwww.

But why didn't you play the first one first?

Importing is expensive so I've only bought the second game so far.  The vanilla game is $60 + shipping, the LE was $80 + shipping and shipping from Japan cost about $20.  I got the LE since Japanese LEs are amazingly nice and well worth the extra.  Had to get a physical copy since digital would have required a Japanese account and I also hear two accounts on Vita is a bit of a pain.  I also am a bit played out on the first game since I've played and beat it like 6 times.  I do want to find a LP though because I want to hear how they handle a certain character's voice in FC and I also want to see the play voice acted, but that's about all I'm curious about.

This has happened to me also. Its really painful to me, because I then cant appreciate or understand heavy story driven games like I use to. Im playing mostly MP games nowadays. In addition to those two things, it takes me weeks just to beat a game once, regardless of how short it is (excluding 1-2hr games). This has also heavily affected my trophy hunting skill/hobby, which is why ill be retiring very soon; im too slow, take too many breaks, among other things. And I have decent spare time to do these things, but time isnt the issue, its my AS.

Knowing this has made me want to quit gaming all together. I dont just want to invest time in mp in games.

For me it's more I just can't play for very long.  I don't like MP very much, but what really works well for me is playing on handhelds.  Handheld games tend to be made to be played in short intervals and if you get one that isn't, you can put the Vita in sleep mode and set it down somewhere for a break.  PS3 games are made more to play in longer marathon type sessions, so I have a harder time even getting into those games, but if a game draws me in enough, I'll eventually get past that.  That's part of why I've only been able to finish PSN games on the PS3, because they tend to be short and sweet and easily played in short sessions.  I think it's really a shame the Vita didn't do as well as the 3DS because to me the Vita wins out just for having trophies.

I see you haven't started The Witch and the Hundred Knight. As someone who beat and platted the game. I'd recommend saving EVERY chance you get. I'd also recommend just getting the PS4 re-release, since that one has the crashing/bugs fixed.

I don't exactly have a PS4, so that would be a rather expensive investment, but I can definitely save a lot.  So I'm guessing it crashes as much or more than Dragon Fantasy Book II does?  As long as it's a save anywhere game, I can totally save a lot.

Importing is expensive so I've only bought the second game so far.  The vanilla game is $60 + shipping, the LE was $80 + shipping and shipping from Japan cost about $20.  I got the LE since Japanese LEs are amazingly nice and well worth the extra.  Had to get a physical copy since digital would have required a Japanese account and I also hear two accounts on Vita is a bit of a pain.  I also am a bit played out on the first game since I've played and beat it like 6 times.  

Yea, getting physical is the way. But... shouldn't Kiseki deserve this kind of money? :D

I also am a bit played out on the first game since I've played and beat it like 6 times.  

That's something I understand very well =D

I do want to find a LP though because I want to hear how they handle a certain character's voice in FC and I also want to see the play voice acted, but that's about all I'm curious about.

Olivier? =D

Love your title! It's hilarious :) I know exactly how you feel. I'm in the same boat. Most of my plats are from the Vita, and now after 3 years am I concentrating on platting PS3 games.

I would suggest Ateliers Ayesha and Meruru. Only because I heard that they were easy, and you should definitely finish Ni No Kuni. It might take you a while though. Good luck!

Atelier Ayesha is a great game and a lot easier than the previous Arland trilogy to get 100% in and probably a great place to start but it may force you to buy even more games for your backlog when you have to finish up the other 2 games in the trilogy which is kinda against the point of clearing out the backlog haha!

Last rebellion is a fast and very easy game you could clear out of your backlog nice and fast to shorten your list, Resonance of Fate is somewhat of a hidden gem from last gen so i'd recommend this goes somewhere near the top of your list as it is truly a great game :)

I need to make myself a checklist like this so I can easily see all the backlog I have and the progress overtime :)

Edited by Obscure_Ale

Atelier Ayesha is a great game and a lot easier than the previous Arland trilogy to get 100% in and probably a great place to start but it may force you to buy even more games for your backlog when you have to finish up the other 2 games in the trilogy which is kinda against the point of clearing out the backlog haha!

Last rebellion is a fast and very easy game you could clear out of your backlog nice and fast to shorten your list, Resonance of Fate is somewhat of a hidden gem from last gen so i'd recommend this goes somewhere near the top of your list as it is truly a great game :)

I need to make myself a checklist like this so I can easily see all the backlog I have and the progress overtime :)

You should def start your own checklist! Creating my own helped me become a bit more focused.

Not Meruru without Rorona.

Ateliers need a proper order! :D

What is the proper order by the way?  I know I still am missing a few but knowing which one to start with would be nice.

And as far as whose voice I'd want to hear in FC Evo, that would be Professor Alba.

I'm curious about how good of an actor he really was because as Weissmann, his voice is incredibly creepy sounding and totally screams "I'm the bad guy!"  So I wonder, does he sound a bit dorky like Kevin, reasonably serious scholarly type, or would it have been a dead giveaway if the game was voice acted from the start?

I don't mind buying some more games if they are good, though I have to wait a few months since I've got some financial issues to clear up first and Trails of Cold Steel 2 is first on my list once that is cleared up.

I'm used to having a massive backlog though, I wasn't kidding about it being worse on PC, I have over 1000 games on Steam, around 800 of which have achievements and I've only 100%ed 323 (which sounds impressive, but a lot of games on PC are really short and it's easy to get games for cheap or free on there).  On Steam there are some nice groups to help with this and I can keep a checklist in my profile and it really does help a lot to have a nice organized list and some goals.  I'm glad I found this site and this forum because yeah having this list helps a lot since I can include the piles of physical games I've not even started yet.

What is the proper order by the way?  I know I still am missing a few but knowing which one to start with would be nice.

Arland: Rorona -> Totori -> Meruru

Dusk: Ayesha -> Eschatology -> Shallie ~> (technically) Sophie 

And as far as whose voice I'd want to hear in FC Evo, that would be Professor Alba.

I'm curious about how good of an actor he really was because as Weissmann, his voice is incredibly creepy sounding and totally screams "I'm the bad guy!"  So I wonder, does he sound a bit dorky like Kevin, reasonably serious scholarly type, or would it have been a dead giveaway if the game was voice acted from the start?

Aaaah, Alba Kyouju =D

He is definitely similar to Kevin. Aloof, pleasantly sounding prof., like a more important NPC. Definitely not someone who you would expect to be that =D

Importing is expensive so I've only bought the second game so far.  The vanilla game is $60 + shipping, the LE was $80 + shipping and shipping from Japan cost about $20.  I got the LE since Japanese LEs are amazingly nice and well worth the extra.  Had to get a physical copy since digital would have required a Japanese account and I also hear two accounts on Vita is a bit of a pain.  I also am a bit played out on the first game since I've played and beat it like 6 times.  I do want to find a LP though because I want to hear how they handle a certain character's voice in FC and I also want to see the play voice acted, but that's about all I'm curious about.

For me it's more I just can't play for very long.  I don't like MP very much, but what really works well for me is playing on handhelds.  Handheld games tend to be made to be played in short intervals and if you get one that isn't, you can put the Vita in sleep mode and set it down somewhere for a break.  PS3 games are made more to play in longer marathon type sessions, so I have a harder time even getting into those games, but if a game draws me in enough, I'll eventually get past that.  That's part of why I've only been able to finish PSN games on the PS3, because they tend to be short and sweet and easily played in short sessions.  I think it's really a shame the Vita didn't do as well as the 3DS because to me the Vita wins out just for having trophies.

I don't exactly have a PS4, so that would be a rather expensive investment, but I can definitely save a lot.  So I'm guessing it crashes as much or more than Dragon Fantasy Book II does?  As long as it's a save anywhere game, I can totally save a lot.

It has a set save point, from what I recall. Back in Metallia's Swamp/Hut.

Well, looks like I should probably hold off on the Ateiler games then until I can afford to buy Totori.  I did finish off Chapter 4 of Tales of Monkey Island today so that's one game off the checklist now.

Also signed up for that backlog challenge and on PS3 I'll be tackling the rest of Tales of Monkey Island, all the Sam and Max episodes I own, Last Rebellion, The Witch and the Hundred Knight and Hakuoki.  On Vita I'll be trying to finish up SC Evo, Trails of Cold Steel, Steins;Gate and The Walking Dead.  I'll start the Vita ones once I finish off Ace Attorney 6 on 3DS (Ace Attorney is about the only game without trophies/achievements that I'll play), which I'm almost done with.

Would I be right that The Witch and the Hundred Knight and Last Rebellion are probably just beat the game to plat them if they are pretty easy?

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

Got my first PS3 platinum at last!  The first one ended up being Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi.  Also hit 1,000 trophies while finishing up the last few trophies there.  I'm probably going to go for Last Rebellion as the second one.

I think it's kind of a shame that there isn't a milestone on your profile for your first platinum on each system though.  Looks like soon enough I should be considering what #25 will be since that will be another milestone, though I'm leaning towards Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't updated in a bit, but in the meantime I've platinumed Last Rebellion and Steins;Gate.  I've finished my first playthrough of SC Evolution and the insanity of beating the game with everyone at level 90 or less.  May have some trouble with the platinum for that game since one art keeps crashing on me and one trophy requires using all arts.

Otherwise I also finished Sam & Max and am going to move on to The Witch and the Hundred Knight next.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, this needs to be shared for the oh holy crap value of the battle with the enhanced version of Loewe in SC Evo:

2Gl39CTtU3FWFlgUJ7Vz.jpg

Apparently Kevin's Tear spam to net extra turns and thus more CP for him and Joshua pissed Loewe off.  But it's working well enough that I'm debating on punting Kloe for someone more durable.

Needless to say, this has been a real joy of working on this battle for like two days now and the best I've done is chip him down to about 17k HP.  So anyone remotely familiar with the game, should I have Kloe get replaced by someone?  If so should it be Zane, Agate, or one of the two who join at the very end?

Edited by ladynadiad

• 1 month later...

Been while since I updated, and since then I have gotten a platinum in Trails SC Evo, The Witch and the Hundred Knight and Trails of Cold Steel.  I definitely appreciated that rec for The Witch and the Hundred Knight, it was a very fun game and I had little crashing problems and likely because I was advised to save often.  Saving often kept the bugs away from me.  Trails of Cold Steel was also amazing as well and I'm now working on its sequel.

I also picked up Odin Sphere and Psycho Pass recently and plan to play them for the winter backlog event along with some other games.  Otherwise I'm just chipping away at stuff already started and am making an actual effort to get rid of E ranks while I decide what besides Cold Steel II should I platinum next.  I'm so close to eliminating my unplayed Vita backlog that I may just start the remaining ones to get that down to 0 and work on platinums for each game over time.

Definitely open to recs for more things I should pick up and play some more, especially stuff that I should try some more by getting it to a D rank.  If I end up liking it more with that I may put it higher on my list to platinum.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, how did I miss this last response?  And yeah, I'm having trouble with the 8 seconds trophy.  My best time so far has been 9 seconds and it's been a long time since I even got that close.  Many attempts isn't an issue, I put in over 100 hours on Zuma's Revenge on PC (that version is way harder than the PSN and 360 versions, but mouse controls way way better too), just a matter of needing to have that luck and my luck sucks.

Anyway, updated to fix the images after the last update and fixed up the list with a few of the trophies earned.  I'm really close to my goal of 4 or less E ranks now, which is awesome.  Not too pleased with the update killing my completion further though, I was finally getting close to getting back above 70%.