I would do anything for trophies, but I won't do that.

awf9495

Multiplayer trophies.

Agreed. Not into multiplayer so even for games I love, I won't get the plats because I tend to focus only on the single player experience.

They are the meta game. They are not the GAME.

That is how I feel as well. Trophies are an incentive so spend more time with games I love and should enhance an already great experience.  If I start playing games I'm not interested in or doing things I just am not having fun doing, I'm not doing it right.

I will not screw someone over (intentionally) to earn a trophy.

Didn't even think about this one, but 100% yes. If I am doing a boost with someone I usually let them go first, but certainly I'm not going to get what I need and then leave. Total douche move, can never be justified.

HALLELUJAH! 

This! So much this!

This was my first thought but I wanted someone else to say it =D

But I can't read Japanese? :( :( :(

• Like 1

I find the hardcore trophy hunter to be very interesting. Myself, I've always used trophies to enhance my experience of the game. It encourages me to get more out of it than I might have without them. I've always loved the Sims but I get dreadfully bored after a while. I prefer the console versions because they have objectives for me, making me play longer than I might have. 

I also like having the validation of playing the game more than just the bare minimum of completion. This isn't to say that I'm better than a player that doesn't have the trophy, but I definitely have dedication. It's also personally rewarding to see where I can beat the so-called main demographic in terms of trophies for the same games. It's a bit silly, but after so many years of hearing, "That's a boy's hobby!" I like seeing where I've beaten the pants off of some of my guy friends.  :lol:

That being said, I'm not going to just buy a game solely for the trophies. I have to have some interest in the actual game play. I wouldn't value my own list if it were just filled with easy trophies (no judgement to those that go for high counts though, power to ya). I'd only buy DLC if it's a decent price and I'm close to 100% completion, or if I just genuinely want it. I have been known to shy away from a game if I'm on the fence about getting it and the trophies are ridiculous. That's mostly due to the fact that I have enough of a backlog as it is.

Eh, maybe I'm just not hardcore enough.