I would do anything for trophies, but I won't do that.

awf9495

I won't hack trophies.

I won't pay someone to achieve trophies.

I've bought some ridiculous games/DLC just for easy trophies, but cannot bring myself to play Hannah Montana just for the trophies. That's saying a lot considering some of the tripe that's already on my profile!

I won't pay someone to boost them or unlock them. I won't keep playing a terrible game that just makes me feel miserable (Bound by Flame). I won't do trophies that require you to be on the top ranked in MP like some fighting games do.

I wouldn't force myself to play games I don't like (even for easy trophies).

I would NEVER hack trophies even if they are unobtainable.

I won't do insanely hard requirements that will most likely result in a broken TV, controller, or game.

I won't do online trophies if the requirements are stupid (BF:H).

I will not pay someone to hack or unlock trophies, and I won't do that myself either.

I will not do pointless and boring grinding.

Those Battlefield: Hardline trophies that require you to get 10,000 kills with each class is just stupid. The developers could have at least made them gold trophies instead of bronze.

I will not play multiple versions of the same exact game.

I wouldn't buy the same game again but from a different region to double my trophies.

Why? What if you enjoyed the game?

Instead of playing the same game again, why not play the stack for the trophy set?

Just curious.

• Like 1

Instead of playing the same game again, why not play the stack for the trophy set?

Just curious.

Right, it's double the fun in my opinion. I don't cross save plats but i'll dabble with multi platform games any day. 

I especially enjoyed playing through Skate 2 again, having the entire game in german was an extra challenge  :)

• Like 1

i agree with much of what was initially said:

-no hacking

-no paying for someone to do it

i'll buy the game, the dlc and that's it...i'll usually play a game 100% legit if enjoyable but not afraid to boost or exploit harmless glitches for ones that are long, grindy, have dead servers, or are low on the awesomeness scale...i kind of like boosting...have met a lot of cool, reliable co-op partners that way...

Those Battlefield: Hardline trophies that require you to get 10,000 kills with each class is just stupid. The developers could have at least made them gold trophies instead of bronze.

Iagree, that DLC was clearly intended to keep gamers playing Hardline until the next Battlefield game was released. Also DLCs have a limit of 315 points, having 4 gold tropies already adds up to 360. They should've been at least silver trophies though.

Just curious.

Because there are hundreds of games out there I haven't played. There's no way I'm spending more money to purchase a game I already own. If I really want to play it again I will, even if I have all the trophies.

I actually just did a full run of Dark Souls about 2 weeks ago, even though I earned the Plat in 2014, and I've been feeling like doing another Dead Space 2 hard core run again soon as well.

Also, and don't ask me to explain this, for some reason it irritates me to see multiple copies or the same game on a profile. Maybe it's because most of the time the games this is available for are super easy or at least fast. :dunno: Remakes are a gray area, it really depends on how much has been changed or added to a game.

^This is precisely why I love remakes/remasters. Because I get to relive, or play a game for the first time I may have missed out on and earn trophies for them as a plus.

I do understand not getting a game again just for the trophies in terms of multi-plats but I still did that with sound shapes because I really lIked the game.

I will not pay for or hack any trophies

Edit because posting on mobile sucks...

Edited by daftprophet
  • Like 1

Just curious.

I'm in a similar boat as Hemiak. If I liked the game enough, I'll just continue (re)playing it. I can't afford to pay extra to get a US version shipped to me, when it's identical to a game I already own. Not to mention the game itself. :S The only way I could see myself playing something like that is if it was gifted to me.

No skin off my nose if others do it, it's just not for me.

Edited by Xillia
  • Like 2

I won't let anybody get my trophies.

I won't let anybody hack my trophies including myself.

I won't buy a game/DLC just for trophies including other versions of games.

I won't stay back to get a great game just because it has a unobtainable trophy.

I won't let trophies ruin my fun at games. (Also replay my favourite ones, even completed)

I won't let trophies control me!

I won't pay someone or hack to earn one.

Now many people agreed to it. What if someone do it for free. I know you thought of that too :)

I wont but some useless DLC that doesnt interest me in some games just for trophies.

You wrote that a bit in rush. Did you? :P Edited by Dennis-nine-five
  • Like 1

I will not screw someone over (intentionally) to earn a trophy.

I won't buy/play games purely for trophy hunting. I want all my games to be memorable in their own right, no matter how good or bad they might be.

I won't shy away from games that contain "hard" trophies. I play games for fun first. It adds to my enjoyment if I can manage to complete it as well.

• Like 2

I won't purchase a game I know I'm not going to like just for the sake of trophies.

I won't sacrifice my enjoyment of a game just to earn trophies quicker. So on my first playthrough, I won't skip cutscenes or dialogue, or in the case of a VN, I'll actually read it all instead of skipping through it.

I won't avoid playing a game I know I will enjoy if it has some hard singleplayer trophies. As long as the platinum is obtainable, I'll play it.

And as others have said, I wouldn't get someone to earn trophies for me, or hack them. I don't see the point in doing that. Trophies are meant to be a record of your accomplishments.

Multiplayer trophies. As far as I'm concerned, they don't exist, even if it's only one or two trophies that block me from earning a plat. Just zero interest in playing with other people, especially if I can't do it couch co-op. Aside from that, obviously I don't trust anyone else to hack or earn trophies for my account.

I really really dislike speed runs as well, but they're not completely off the table. I mean, never say never, but there's no trophy evidence I'll actually do one yet.

• Like 1

I have a high sense of honor when playing a game/multiplayer so i have 3 rules for myself when getting trophies:

1.- Don't hack/cheat. If i want something, i will get it with my own efforts.

2.- Be open with the rest of the people playing and also that the people is open with me. If you want something (collectables, killings, combos, etc) to get an specific trophy, TELL ME and i will do anything i can to help you achieve it.

3.- Don't abandon the MP session if anyone still needs/asks for your help to get something or to an specific point, unless the circumstances won't let me continue playing, then, at least, i will tell this person/persons.

Hacking could likely get your account banned and will definitely get you removed from the PSNProfile rankings. Even if there are some trophies out there that gnaw at people's throats, it might be best to move on. 

I don't like online trophies, even though Red Dead Redemption is one of my favorite games of the past five - six years. I still need to motivate myself and get a session so I can finally knock those trophies out of the way.

I have bad internet, worse than what most of you are used to. That's a reason why a number of games on my profile have mostly been left untouched, unless I want to just earn an "A" ranking and then move on with something else.

I'm a sucker for easy gold trophies, hence most of my recent games have had at least five gold trophies or so. If I can't get a platinum I want at least a few gold trophies for my troubles.

That being said, I completed Aab's Animals TWICE on two different platforms. Paid $8.99 for ten trophies (Six Gold, Two Silver and Two Bronze) that I got in ten minutes. I love easy trophies.

I try to get a platinum for every game I play, but I really hate difficulty related trophies. If it's doable, I'll try it, but games like Mass Effect with the Insanity trophies I just complete the game once.

I also hate games where you need to do more than 3 playthroughs (Diablo 3, Devil May Cry, ...)

If it's a fun game, I can play it three times if it isn't too long, but more than 3 times? Hell no

I definitely won't do MANY things for trophies. I am not that desperate or addicted to them. They are the meta game. They are not the GAME.

I try to get a platinum for every game I play, but I really hate difficulty related trophies. If it's doable, I'll try it, but games like Mass Effect with the Insanity trophies I just complete the game once.

I also hate games where you need to do more than 3 playthroughs (Diablo 3, Devil May Cry, ...)

If it's a fun game, I can play it three times if it isn't too long, but more than 3 times? Hell no

But... you can beat Mass Effect (2 and 3, obviously not the first game) on insanity in your first playthrough. Certain parts can be difficult since you're under level for it, but it's not even difficult in my own opinion. 

• Like 1