I would do anything for trophies, but I won't do that.

awf9495

I won't keep playing if your game has stopped entertaining me. Some grind is OK, but if those collectibles are literally just there to bump the game's playtime (for example - I'm looking at you AC: Unity) you can keep the damn trophies.

I hear you on Unity.  I liked the game post-patches, but gave up on trophy hunting before I even got to the southern districts.

I won't pay someone or hack to earn one.

Pretty much this.

I have done horribly grindy trophies. I have persisted to complete games that I didn't enjoy. I have overpaid for DLC (just paid $25 for the Dory playset to complete Disney Infinity 3.0). I have purchased crappy games just because they had easy trophies.

But I won't hack my system, and I won't pay someone to do it for me.

In fact, I haven't even asked someone to SharePlay to get a trophies for me.

• Like 3

I have purchased crappy games just because they had easy trophies.

"But I won't do that. No I won't do that."

If I just played for the trophies without any interest in a game itself, video games would feel like work and the last thing I want to do in my limited free time is feel like I'm putting in over-time.  Work is work and play is play and never the twain shall meet.

• Like 2

"But I won't do that. No I won't do that."

If I just played for the trophies without any interest in a game itself, video games would feel like work and the last thing I want to do in my limited free time is feel like I'm putting in over-time.  Work is work and play is play and never the twain shall meet.

I should clarify - take a game like Orc Slayer. It's a crappy game. It had easy trophies. It wasn't completely unenjoyable, but certainly not a high quality game.

I won't buy a game that I know I won't enjoy just for trophies, unless I'm working on something - like a THL season, or the recent Bingo event on .org. Gaming is still fun if I'm working towards a particular goal, even if the game itself isn't the greatest.

When I said I had played some awful games - I tend to complete what I start. I won't intentionally go into a game I hate (like a genre that doesn't interest me, like the music/rhythm games, or most sports games), but sometimes you don't realize it's shit until you get in there. At that point, I tend to just suck it up and get it done, then move on.

I like a variety of games, and most have at least some redeeming qualities. Even Orc :)

• Like 2

I won't pay someone or hack to earn one.

Not buying any extra peripherals such as cameras, plastic band instruments, or motion controls to get any trophies.

Both of these apply.  I probably could get 100% in LBP2; however I'd need to buy or rent a Vita, a Move controller and a PS Eye Camera to do so.... but I won't do that. ;)

• Like 1

I will not play game with unobtainable Platinum.

Ayyyy, I read this and I feel the pain you must be having. I see the unobtainable WRC FIA World Rally Championship in you profile and I remember I once read something about you signing in on a PS3 in a cafe, forgetting to sign out and have unintentionally had other people play some games on your account which you never inteded to play. It was something like that, wasn't it? RIP 100% completion  :(

• Like 1

I should clarify - take a game like Orc Slayer. It's a crappy game. It had easy trophies. It wasn't completely unenjoyable, but certainly not a high quality game.

I won't buy a game that I know I won't enjoy just for trophies, unless I'm working on something - like a THL season, or the recent Bingo event on .org. Gaming is still fun if I'm working towards a particular goal, even if the game itself isn't the greatest.

When I said I had played some awful games - I tend to complete what I start. I won't intentionally go into a game I hate (like a genre that doesn't interest me, like the music/rhythm games, or most sports games), but sometimes you don't realize it's shit until you get in there. At that point, I tend to just suck it up and get it done, then move on.

I like a variety of games, and most have at least some redeeming qualities. Even Orc :)

Exactly this, that is what i felt when i played Diablo 3, looked fine, was shit (for me), but i finished it anyway, because i like to finish what i start.

I won't do insanely hard requirements that will most likely result in a broken TV, controller, or game.

I won't do online trophies if the requirements are stupid (BF:H).

I will not pay someone to hack or unlock trophies, and I won't do that myself either.

I will not do pointless and boring grinding.

• Like 1