Fixes for the Guide System.

Manuelito

I added it. Are you sure those aren't considered L3 and R3?

Thank you. Well, we actually use L1 and R1 now to replace them as they are the closest possible to what L and R are (shoulder buttons), but there R3 and L3 would be pressing the sticks and there isn't such option on the vita, fortunately (or I would bring desgrace to my console, surely).

• Like 1

Yeah, the option to delete a guide in progress is something I'd really like to see and those extra icons would be a big plus too. And wow, those bugs should really get fixed :o.

Yes especially the link one. It happens way to often. Hopefully Sly will see this and provide us with some fixes in the next site update.

I'll add a link to this thread in the Guide Team subforum and pass it along to Sly.

I'm currently writing my fifth guide and there are a couple of things that really need a fix. If you know any other bug that should be fixed be sure to post it below.

• We need a touchpad (PS4) icon. We also need L and R vita buttons too.
  • When you try to add a link to something it randomly glitch. As you can see from the image below I tried to link :silver:Half a Dozen to its own guide link but this happened. This is a pretty annoying glitch that should get fixed.
  • "DELETE Trophy Guide". This isn't a bug/glitch but a missed feature that we need.
  • Deleting a Stage. Let's say I have a guide with 6 stages. I want to delete Stage 5. Let's see how it goes with the current Guide System.

To the touchpad request, please add L and R vita buttons too.

Yeah, the option to delete a guide in progress is something I'd really like to see and those extra icons would be a big plus too. And wow, those bugs should really get fixed :o.

The touchpad, L, and R buttons have been on our (the Guide Team's) wishlist for a while and it might be added in the new site update (though this isn't 100% sure). Deleting guides is also a feature that has been requested lots of times.

As for the link glitch, I've encountered that too. When deleting roadmap stages, it deletes the newest first.

• Like 1

Then why each stage has a DELETE option? It's pointless right now.

If you deleted any of the stages except for the last one, the stage numbers would be out of order. For example you tried to delete stage 5, then the roadmap would go like this: 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 6. If you want to delete an in-between stage, first copy all the content and move them up one stage.

Do we actually need that? :D

Is the deleted stage there even after you see the main page of the guide or refresh the page?

Yes, unless it's the last stage it will remain there no matter what. Basically in the end I had to copy and past every stage one up.

If you deleted any of the stages except for the last one, the stage numbers would be out of order. For example you tried to delete stage 5, then the roadmap would go like this: 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 6. If you want to delete an in-between stage, first copy all the content and move them up one stage.

Stage 6 should automatically be called stage 5 if I delete any if the stages above.
  • Like 1

The link thing drives me crazy. It happens about half the time for me. A touchpad icon should be a pretty immediate priority as well. I've never deleted a stage before, but that fix seems pretty easy (it was probably just overlooked). 

But I don't know why the links do that so often.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

Yeah we've actually been working on the guide system through the new site update this past week or so (I think you can mess around with it if you're premium and in the beta)!

• I'm thinking linking works better now with the improvements that's been made, though I haven't tested it myself extensively.
  • Also, you're only supposed to be able to delete the last stage in a guide, the delete button shouldn't be appearing on Stage 5 for you if you have a Stage 6, I'm not sure how that's happening for you actually lol, I can't reproduce it on the current site. :hmm: I think the reason you can't delete a "middle stage" is because they all rely on each other in numbered order.
  • Trophy guide deleting is something I get messaged constantly about, believe me when I say I really wanna see that as well! I think Sly is planning on adding that sometime after the site update ;)
  • I also actually mentioned to Sly the other day he really needs to add those DualShock 4/Vita buttons! We'll see  :P

Hopefully that helps answer some things!

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

[*]Also, you're only supposed to be able to delete the last stage in a guide, the delete button shouldn't be appearing on Stage 5 for you if you have a Stage 6, I'm not sure how that's happening for you actually lol, I can't reproduce it on the current site. :hmm: I think the reason you can't delete a "middle stage" is because they all rely on each other in numbered order.

Can Sly add the possibility to remove a stage in the middle with all the other adjusting accordingly?

[*]Trophy guide deleting is something I get messaged constantly about, believe me when I say I really wanna see that as well! I think Sly is planning on adding that sometime after the site update ;)

Really? Who would ever send you such questions :ninja:

Can Sly add the possibility to remove a stage in the middle with all the other adjusting accordingly?

Really? Who would ever send you such questions :ninja:

It's not a too much of a vital feature for the upcoming site update (we wanna make sure what's there right now works exactly like it does on the current site and it's all stable) so I can't guarantee he will have the time to do that right now but I'll definitely add the ability to delete any stage and maybe the ability to move stages around to the to-do list in the guide team forums  ;) That's the list of stuff he's planning to work on sometime after the site update.

Also, yes I recall you being one of the people asking me about deleting guides at one point xD

• Like 1

Hmm, I whipped up touchpad left, touchpad, and touchpad right. Hopefully they look alright :P

8Wxgpq5.png oVrw5NS.png m4DHfag.png

Edit: Just made Options and Share

az3hyrW.png esjSEt5.png

Edit 2: Now PS Button (Wait, I forgot a button like this was already in the forums, just not in guides! I'll keep it here anyway, lol)

iJ19kEm.png

Edit 3: Here's some Vita ones:

kNAnkXR.png WFBa6os.png

If anyone thinks they can make better images, go for it! It looks like the height of buttons should be 20 pixels max, width up to ~30

Those look nice :D.

• Like 1