Dark Souls 3 DLC trophies?

SINISTER-SINS_

I'm an OP G tho, I finished part 1 once and NG+ all with my trusty Drake, I just don't like greatswords I guess.

Nicely done :yay:. I usually prefer longswords and katanas, but the Claymore had great stats, so I stuck with it :lol:. I did switch it for the Kalameet dragon greatsword for a while, but went back to the Claymore after that one did more damage due to scaling.

Nicely done :yay:. I usually prefer longswords and katanas, but the Claymore had great stats, so I stuck with it :lol:. I did switch it for the Kalameet dragon greatsword for a while, but went back to the Claymore after that one did more damage due to scaling.

Nice. I think I'm gonna have to look you up later when I get on. No PS4 it seems? Anyway you are something else, that trophy list is true dedication in my eyes.... unless you cheated

• 3 weeks later...

People have started playing, but no DLC trophy list has appeared. Guess that means no trophies, such as DS1 and 2. Shame. 

I'll obviously still get the DLC, but I'm a bit disappointed. Paying for a product is partly paying for trophies, and I don't see what From stands to gain by not adding trophies for the DLC.

Don't kill me for being a trophy whore, I'm sure the DLC will be really good, I just think it's a tad unpleasant. 

As far as I'm aware, only those playing on XB1 have access to the DLC as of now. We have yet to see if there are any trophies for the DLC or not. It doesn't look like the XBox got new achievements so far, but the official release is next Tuesday. I wouldn't jump to any conclusion right now.

Bloodborne got DLC trophies, the chances for DS3 aren't that bad.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

As far as I'm aware, only those playing on XB1 have access to the DLC as of now. We have yet to see if there are any trophies for the DLC or not. It doesn't look like the XBox got new achievements so far, but the official release is next Tuesday. I wouldn't jump to any conclusion right now.

Bloodborne got DLC trophies, the chances for DS3 aren't that bad.

I assume that Sony demanded that trophies are be part of the DLC.

Could be that Namco Bandai leaves it up to From and they don't want to include any. Dark Souls 1 and 2 also didn't have any DLC trophies so I never thought that 3 would.

It doesn't need more trophies, getting the platinum requires three full playthroughs (assuming the player doesn't backup savegames via PS+ to get the endings on one playthrough), that's enough for a platinum. Bloodborne can be completed on a bit more than one playthrough with backups. There's no new content in NG+ (such as weapons, ...), it's way shorter than DS3 by default. If you want to find reasons for the DLC trophies, then maybe to prolong the game for trophy hunters? That's what it does, but I doubt that that's what From Software wanted to do with the trophies. Trophies are Sony's thing, developers most likely wouldn't bother with adding trophies if not for Sony starting it.

But I think we'll get new trophies for the DLC.

doesn't matter. you still need 3 playthroughs of dark souls III to get all of the spells, rings etc

doesn't matter. you still need 3 playthroughs of dark souls III to get all of the spells, rings etc

Yeah, you always need three playthroughs, but not necessarily three full playthroughs. All spells, pyromancies and miracles can be obtained on NG, only the rings need NG+ and ++. Unless you have a friend who gives them to you, that is. But that'd be boring, I'm doing it myself without asking someone for the rings.

I think we can safely assume that there are no DLC trophies, as disappointing as that may be. I believe the game was updated on the 21st of October, which would of added the DLC functionality, as well as any new trophies. If there were new trophies, we would of been able to see them by now.

I fought the final boss of the DLC, there are no trophies.

It's a disappointing DLC, way too short, took me only three hours to see everything, if that's how the series is going to be from now on, I'm glad From decided to end it with 3.

Edited by viech54

Already plat the base game so I will wait until all the DLCs are out then buy the complete edition (or whatever it's called.)
Heard that this one is quite short also, that's a bit disappointing considering the Old Hunter DLC has a lot of content for just $20

Edited by PliskinCobra

Heard that this one is quite short also, that's a bit disappointing considering the Old Hunter DLC has a lot of content for just $20

That's my main complaint about the DLC, it's way too short. It took me three hours to do everything, From said the DLC would be about 15 hours, where are the remaining 12? The PvP arena doesn't count, we were able to fight each other before the DLC got released and the arena is a reused area from the main game. Compared to all other DLCs we got in Soulsborne games, this one is a major disappointment and, at least to me, the worst DLC. I regret buying the season pass now.

So my journey on Ariandel comes to a close, even trough was indeed short, i won't lie when it comes to one boss fight. This alone deserved the price i paid, it was simply one of the best boss fight in the entire series and i really loved it, if anyone wants to check it out and let me know, check the video below. The sad thing however is that i didn't earn a trophy for it, so a minus point for From. 

Amazing :D

Edited by Mah2c

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought the DLC yesterday and beaten the Champion Gravetender. It was a close call, but victory at the first try nonetheless, just like with Dancer.

I've been reading it's only 3 hours long, but then I took more than 3 hours and still yet to finish it.

Being a noob has its perks! LOL

Love the Millwood helmet and the Valorheart!

• Like 1