Hem's Everything But A Trophy Checklist

Hemiak

I might take you up on DS2, if you are referring to the PS4 version. I need to get back to it and plat it, but haven't really wanted to put forth the effort necessary. Time to join the masses.

Also, ya gotta get Bloodborne. Ya just gotta do it.

No ps4 yet unfortunately, but it's on my wishlist.

Running through Origins MP for the following 2 or 3 days until I'm done. There is still time for you to join, if you want. Heads up for the Initiation DLC exploit so you can cut 5-6 hours of pointless challenge map repetitiion.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm not quite ready to start the mp at the moment. I'll Def look into the DLC exploit though, thanks.

I can vouch for the Blur help, good stuff.

Also, why is Dead Nation in the "LOLOLOL NO" category? Such a good game. 

That whole category (and the one above it really) is for games I just didn't enjoy at all. Dead Nation was originally in the upper category, but I've gone back and tried to play it like 3 different times and I just don't enjoy it. Bayonetta is about one step away for the same reason. Could also have something to do with about half a dozen failed coop boosting attempts too, just not worth it to me to go back to it. 

I also make no promises not to return to a game from a lower category before finishing games in the upper ones. I pretty much play what I want whenever I feel like it. 

Edited by Hemiak

That whole category (and the one above it really) is for games I just didn't enjoy at all. Dead Nation was originally in the upper category, but I've gone back and tried to play it like 3 different times and I just don't enjoy it. Bayonetta is about one step away for the same reason. Could also have something to do with about half a dozen failed coop boosting attempts too, just not worth it to me to go back to it. 

I also make no promises not to return to a game from a lower category before finishing games in the upper ones. I pretty much play what I want whenever I feel like it. 

Yeah, i get that. I had a lot of fun with the game though.

Feel free to give me a hand of DS2 at some stage. I'm somewhere not very far into it lol, but I imagine it would be fun to coop together. :)

Do you have the vanilla version? I've been thinking about starting a new run through with different equipment. My plan is to eventually have like 3 or 4 characters at various stages of the game, like I do with DS 1. 

Do you have the vanilla version? I've been thinking about starting a new run through with different equipment. My plan is to eventually have like 3 or 4 characters at various stages of the game, like I do with DS 1. 

Yeh, vanilla version on ps3. :)

Feel free to check my trophies on it to get an idea of where I'm up to. It'd probably mean more to you than it would to me haha.

Edited by zajac9999

That is a huge list :o. I like how the wishlist starts with getting a PS4 :lol:.

Yeh, vanilla version on ps3. :)

Feel free to check my trophies on it to get an idea of where I'm up to. It'd probably mean more to you than it would to me haha.

If you guys need a lvl 232 player to help you out, let me know :D.

• Like 3

I feel shameful for not even playing over a hour's worth of Dark Souls, but I'm a coward when it comes to difficult games.

Monkey Island 1 & 2 are easy games, follow a guide for both of them and you'll be done in three - five hours.

I'm planning to go back to Red Dead Redemption in the near future (one to five - six weeks) to finally get those online trophies out of the way. Two of them I can get on my own in Friendly Free Roam but the Posse Up and Assist trophies I need help.

Still don't know why The Evil Within is difficult but then again I've only seen a few hours of footage.

Why the hate on The Walking Dead? That is literally one of the easiest games you can play.

Edited by Spastic

It looks like you barely scratched the surface. I don't know 2 nearly as well as the first one so I'd need to figure a few things out, but it wouldn't take long to catch up.  

That is a huge list :o. I like how the wishlist starts with getting a PS4 :lol:.

If you guys need a lvl 232 player to help you out, let me know :D.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure Z might be slightly out of your soul memory range for summoning. xD

I feel shameful for not even playing over a hour's worth of Dark Souls, but I'm a coward when it comes to difficult games.

Monkey Island 1 & 2 are easy games, follow a guide for both of them and you'll be done in three - five hours.

I'm planning to go back to Red Dead Redemption in the near future (one to five - six weeks) to finally get those online trophies out of the way. Two of them I can get on my own in Friendly Free Roam but the Posse Up and Assist trophies I need help.

Still don't know why The Evil Within is difficult but then again I've only seen a few hours of footage.

Why the hate on The Walking Dead? That is literally one of the easiest games you can play.

Dark Souls is one of my two favorite ps3 games, I can't get enough of it. You should at least give the series a try, it's very addicting. 

I finished both MI games, need one stupid easy misc trophy for #1, and the speed run trophy for both games, I just didn't enjoy them enough to go back to them yet. 

Red Dead just didn't grab me, I found it really boring and I sold it back a long time ago. Same thing with almost all those games in the bottom tier. Doesn't matter how easy it is, if I don't like the game I won't be playing it. 

The Evil Within requires a no upgrade run, a 5 hr speedrun, and the real Plat blocker is Akuma mode. Akuma is basically the Survivor difficulty enemies and drops, with one hit kills for your character. You can save normally and there are checkpoints, but a lot of people find the insta-death penalty overly frustrating. 

Edited by Hemiak

Dark Souls is one of my two favorite ps3 games, I can't get enough of it. You should at least give the series a try, it's very addicting. 

I finished both MI games, need one stupid easy misc trophy for #1, and the speed run trophy for both games, I just didn't enjoy them enough to go back to them yet. 

Red Dead just didn't grab me, I found it really boring and I sold it back a long time ago. Same thing with almost all those games in the bottom tier. Doesn't matter how easy it is, if I don't like the game I won't be playing it. 

The Evil Within requires a no upgrade run, a 5 hr speedrun, and the real Plat blocker is Akuma mode. Akuma is basically the Survivor difficulty enemies and drops, with one hit kills for your character. You can save normally and there are checkpoints, but old of people find the insta-death penalty overly frustrating. 

I will eventually, but I'm just getting games that are already on my profile done first. Probably won't be touching Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 for a while, maybe until I get three Sound Shapes platinums I might, considering how much people like to hoard Sound Shapes.

Personally I would play the Monkey Island games as they initially looked. I played the PC versions and the newer, glossy feel just didn't appeal to me at all. I basically played with 'Old School' graphics and had a great time with them. Not hard at all, although I probably can't say the same with the Simpsons Arcade Game.

Shame what happened to LucasArts.

Multiplayer was what made Red Dead great for me. But what's really annoying is getting everybody to join up for a Posse, I still need to do that and since I no longer have a PS3 mic headset I may experience a bit of trouble. The Assist trophy you just need one other player to help you, and the other two I need I can do on my own.

I just find it funny that most people are willing to play the entire Dark Souls series, Demon Souls and Bloodbourne, but aren't willing to go through The Evil Within. I'm sure it's difficult enough but it's probably nothing compared to Super Meat Boy, Crypt of the Necrodancer and I Am Bread. Those games I'm literally afraid to put on my profile because I'll never finish them, even with a super fast internet connection and I have all the guides at my disposal.

Edited by Spastic

Dark Souls isn't that difficult as people make it seem. Just don't play as if you're an invincible Rambo that can one-shot everything without getting a scratch and observe attack patterns from bosses and you'll be fine.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure Z might be slightly out of your soul memory range for summoning. xD

I can always be summoned as a red phantom :awesome:.

I will eventually, but I'm just getting games that are already on my profile done first. ... maybe until I get three Sound Shapes platinums... 

Multiplayer was what made Red Dead great for me. 

I just find it funny that most people are willing to play the entire Dark Souls series, Demon Souls and Bloodbourne, but aren't willing to go through The Evil Within. I'm sure it's difficult enough but it's probably nothing compared to Super Meat Boy, Crypt of the Necrodancer and I Am Bread. 

I can respect wanting to finish off a bunch of games, doing it myself right now. 

Don't stack Sound Shapes because you feel like it's a rite of passage. By all means do it if you like the game though. Plenty of good trophy hunters don't have SS on their profiles at all. 

I'm not a fan of competitive multi-player, if I didn't enjoy the SP I won't bother with the rest. 

Dark Souls is nowhere near as hard as SMB, CotND, or IAB. It's unforgiving yes, but totally doable as long as you're willing to learn from your mistakes. You can always look up info on bosses, but don't watch speed runners. They do things that are only possible because of how well they know the game mechanics. What they are doing will rarely work for a beginner. 

As soon as I finish off SSX (next 2 or 3 days), Evil Within will become my major focus to finish. I started it and 9 other games in July, I've just been slowly finishing them off, and figured that one could wait for October. 

Dark Souls isn't that difficult as people make it seem. Just don't play as if you're an invincible Rambo that can one-shot everything without getting a scratch and observe attack patterns from bosses and you'll be fine.

I can always be summoned as a red phantom :awesome:.

Always forget about the red phantoms, I think my Plat guy is somewhere around 140. I think it'd be more fun to just do another run anyway, then Z could start farming sunlight medals early on. Most of the DS2 bosses are totally doable solo, or just with Npc help, even for a beginner, with just a bit of practice. 

Always forget about the red phantoms, I think my Plat guy is somewhere around 140. I think it'd be more fun to just do another run anyway, then Z could start farming sunlight medals early on. Most of the DS2 bosses are totally doable solo, or just with Npc help, even for a beginner, with just a bit of practice. 

Nice, I might've overdone it a bit with the leveling :lol:. The Shrine of Anama was a great place for me to get lots of sunlight medals, apparently lots of people sucked at the boss fight. I just left my summon sign at the third bonfire and got summoned a lot.

True, it's not that tough once you get the hang of things. I'm so used to mashing my way through like God of War or Uncharted without too much trouble. With the Souls games and Bloodborne you have to take your time.

I can respect wanting to finish off a bunch of games, doing it myself right now. 

Don't stack Sound Shapes because you feel like it's a rite of passage. By all means do it if you like the game though. Plenty of good trophy hunters don't have SS on their profiles at all. 

I'm not a fan of competitive multi-player, if I didn't enjoy the SP I won't bother with the rest. 

Dark Souls is nowhere near as hard as SMB, CotND, or IAB. It's unforgiving yes, but totally doable as long as you're willing to learn from your mistakes. You can always look up info on bosses, but don't watch speed runners. They do things that are only possible because of how well they know the game mechanics. What they are doing will rarely work for a beginner. 

As soon as I finish off SSX (next 2 or 3 days), Evil Within will become my major focus to finish. I started it and 9 other games in July, I've just been slowly finishing them off, and figured that one could wait for October.

In my book, if you have a huge backlog, sooner or later you should tackle it because otherwise you're wasting money.

Well technically you don't get handed over the platinum or the DLC like the game developers did for Nubla. Death Mode sounds like a challenge but I promised I'll get 50 platinums and finish up some backlog of games before doing Sound Shapes. Still, good advice.

I'm so used to hearing thousands of people say Red Dead Redemption is the best game of all time on the Playstation 3/Xbox 360. I've literally heard this from countless Youtube videos, people I know in person, people I've played against in multiplayer matches, etc. The game has such a strong presence that whenever you hear somebody say they didn't like it it kinda throws me back. But that's just me.

I just recently obtained all trophies in Wolfenstein 3D in 3 hours and 15 minutes. That's not a speedrun, I just knew the game so well from childhood because I played the living crap out of it back in the day on the weekends, beating it over and over and over. Now if you truly want to see a speedrun, people have beaten all six episodes in 30 - 35 minutes. That's skill. You can look up the videos on Youtube.

Dark Souls has a huge following and very much like the Fallout games there will be speedrunners. They reason they got that good is because they know the games inside and out, know exactly what to do and how best to beat the game under pressure.

Me on the other hand will take my time. I've had far too many games I've spoiled because I rushed through them using a walkthrough right from the very start. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a good example, and that's often listed as one of the best games of all time.

Evil Within has AKUMU mode which I guess is a mode where enemies one hit kill you. It still has checkpoints right?

I heard Shadow Warrior was another difficult game but when I looked at it it didn't look that bad.

I've made some updates to the OP.

- Added in some minor formatting

- Alphabetized all the backlog games for easier navigation

- Added in completion % for started backlog games

I also removed SSX since I finished that, and moved The Evil Within to the current projects tab.

Evil Within has AKUMU mode which I guess is a mode where enemies one hit kill you. It still has checkpoints right?

I heard Shadow Warrior was another difficult game but when I looked at it it didn't look that bad.

Sorry for the slow response.  Yes, Akumu has checkpoints, and you can save at any of the points you find, so even if it's technically harder than Dead Space 2 Hardcore, it should be less stressful.

One of my friends finished Shadow Warrior a couple months ago.  He said it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be.  You have to do several runs through the game, and the max difficulty is rough, but not impossible by any stretch.

I've made some updates to the OP.

Added Watch dogs, Murdered: Soul Suspect, and South Park TSOT to my unstarted backlog. Also moved Xillia 2 from the wishlist to unstarted.

Finished Helldivers, but since I was only auto grinding kills I didn't replace it with anything.

Edited by Hemiak

It's about that time again. I plan on starting another 10 games in November, so I'm taking suggestions for what those games should be. Feel free to choose up to 5 games from the unstarted ps3 and ps3 plus games and let me know what you think.

All them 2s!!!!

Assassins Creed 2 - Ezio boi

inFamous 2 - Cole boi (well I heard it's easier to collect the blast shards here)

Prototype 2 - You're a dude with super powers running around messing with everything so it's fun as well.

Tales of Xillia 2 - Since you got the platinum trophy for the 1st why not continue with it's sequel. It maybe long but it's fun!

Stealth 2 - (looks challenging)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Put my started backlog on hold due to the start of my Kill Your Completion event.

List of games I'll be starting.

TLOU

Murdered

Ass Creed 2

Destiny

El Shaddai

Thief

South Park TSOT

Dirt 3

Watch Dogs

Geometry Wars 3

Also added all the current IGC games to the unstarted "pile".

Edit: Just picked up Alien Isolation, so I moved that from the wishlist to unstarted.

Edited by Hemiak

• 1 month later...