PSA: Vita trophies are able to be hacked.

ArmoredSnowman

I do follow what's happening in the pirating scenes and already knew about henkaku since it first appeared. Too bad my vita was already on 3.61 so never had a chance to try.

What I mean is that if they are pirating (we can't prevent this), they should just stay in the dark instead of going online messing with everyone which could cause trouble for both legit users and other pirates.

So far there is still some risk to go online so most of the hack accounts is new or not worth much, we can based on that to report them. Newer game will not be affected because they require 3.61 (Darkest Dungeon) and currently unhackable.

PS4 1.76 is too old and hardly worth it just to hack a few trophies and pirating some games and so far there is no successful attempt in doing so yet, I believe most of PS4 games already require newer firmware. Sony could probably ignore the vita hacking since they pretty much abandon the device at this point, but with their current flag ship PS4 they will be much more aggressive in tracking down hacker.

They were pretty aggressive against Geohotz for the PS3. And yes fewer people will buck up the cash for a 1.76 especially because it becomes more and more expensive as time goes by. But to the firmware point, hackers could always find a method to patch the games to lower firmwares. I believe FIFA or PES was recently dumped for PS4, but nobody knows the method. 

There's plenty of games with Japanese/English voice overs, obviously not all of them but allot do exist. In the ps2 era you'd get International Versions which pretty much was a Japanese release with English changes and dual voices.

Well, that might have the case in the PS2 era but now, international versions are pretty much NA versions under different publisher =/

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

• 1 month later...

I'm still following the subreddit of vitahacks (not piracy) to see what interesting thing people can do with the modded vita and apparently PSN spoofing no longer works. So people cannot sync their hacked trophies anymore (not sure for how long though) unless they update to the newest firmware and give up modding all together.

Edited by PliskinCobra