10/17/16 Free Diamond Cup Daily Challenge

Elyther

Thanks for this but I'm also getting 555.79 a lot and I know why. Around the 550 mark, there's a ledge that my character keeps jumping over for some reason. This is one thing I REALLY hate about the Murphy levels in this version, is that what the character does is not up to you. I cannot stop from stop from jumping the pit. That's bullshit! Is there something I'm missing here? I'm telling you, I tried everything Icould think of. Even when I tickled the enemy right before that point that did nothing. I tried delaying my character with the large wooden pillar. Nothing. Every single time I he just dashed into the enemy, jumped from the dash, and careened into the pit without even trying to grab the upcoming chain, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to change that! What the hell, game!? I don't believe this!

You're not missing anything, but I'm sorry you're having trouble. That sequence you're describing (enemy right before a ledge, character dashes into them and then jumps over the ledge into the pit) happens to everyone taking the challenge, and that's the trick for glitched murfy levels. There's only a set distance that anyone can actually make so that's why it's a much easier diamond than other challenges. No one can get better than a certain amount.

Depending on how many people take the challenge, if you can get the max distance or very close then you will get a diamond, regardless of how many people actually have that score.  

I hope you can get it! It may take a little bit, but it is doable. The only other suggestion I have is make sure your character is a Globox or a Princess. In my experience Globox has a fraction of a higher jump than Rayman, and others have said that it might be similar with princess. (Haven't tested with Teensy)

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for this but I'm also getting 555.79 a lot and I know why. Around the 550 mark, there's a ledge that my character keeps jumping over for some reason. This is one thing I REALLY hate about the Murphy levels in this version, is that what the character does is not up to you. I cannot stop from stop from jumping the pit. That's bullshit! Is there something I'm missing here? I'm telling you, I tried everything Icould think of. Even when I tickled the enemy right before that point that did nothing. I tried delaying my character with the large wooden pillar. Nothing. Every single time I he just dashed into the enemy, jumped from the dash, and careened into the pit without even trying to grab the upcoming chain, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to change that! What the hell, game!? I don't believe this!

Like Elyther said it's normal to fail at the specific distance. What I read during the last glitched challenge is the fact that it's advised to either use a Globox or one of the Princesses during those levels. During the last challenge I failed with a Teensy but once I switched to a Globox it worked much better.

If you don't know how to change the character:

If I remember correctly the character used for those Murphy-passages and levels is the one you used before switching to the one that's currently the Murphy-char.

E.g. lets say you have normal Rayman as Murphy-character. To switch him, first choose the one you actually want to be controlled by the AI and after that switch to the one that is currently controlled (both done via the gallery). Now play the very first level and as soon as Murphy appears you should see your favored character being controlled by the AI.

@Today's challenge:

That was really easy. First try 555.75m, second one 555.99m and third one being 556.00m. :D

You're not missing anything, but I'm sorry you're having trouble. That sequence you're describing (enemy right before a ledge, character dashes into them and then jumps over the ledge into the pit) happens to everyone taking the challenge, and that's the trick for glitched murfy levels. There's only a set distance that anyone can actually make so that's why it's a much easier diamond than other challenges. No one can get better than a certain amount.

I see. So the glitched AI is why the "requirement" is so low to begin with. Well that makes a lot more sense. The clunky ass AI doesn't but okay lol.

Like Elyther said it's normal to fail at the specific distance. What I read during the last glitched challenge is the fact that it's advised to either use a Globox or one of the Princesses during those levels. During the last challenge I failed with a Teensy but once I switched to a Globox it worked much better.

If you don't know how to change the character:

If I remember correctly the character used for those Murphy-passages and levels is the one you used before switching to the one that's currently the Murphy-char.

E.g. lets say you have normal Rayman as Murphy-character. To switch him, first choose the one you actually want to be controlled by the AI and after that switch to the one that is currently controlled (both done via the gallery). Now play the very first level and as soon as Murphy appears you should see your favored character being controlled by the AI.

@Today's challenge:

That was really easy. First try 555.75m, second one 555.99m and third one being 556.00m. :D

Anyway thank you both for your responses. So I took your advice, and changed the character (which I didn't even know you could do for Murphy levels). And sure enough, different characters have subtly different jump arcs, and with Globox as the character, I (or the AI rather) was able to muster up 555.99 (still no 556 flat though)

Thing is I went back outside the and the game told my I might have gold, the leaderboards say I have gold but when I looked at the chart in the challenge room, my score was purple, not gold. I almost wonder if that means I got the diamond anyway. I would put up a screenshot, but right now the servers seem to be down for some reason. I should've taken a screenshot when I first it. And I hope that the fact that the servers are down doesn't put a damper on things here.

Well whatever. Thanks again for your input!  :)

• Like 1

The server still seems to be down. Just wanted to check if I would get the Diamond this morning and it couldn't connect. :shakefist:

Yeah, me too :( I've been trying all day and still nothing. I started this yesterday purely to try get this diamond cup challenge out of the way and this is what happens! ARGH!! Typical! On the plus side I guess at least I know it's not my end that's the problem - I was starting to worry it that is was, but thankfully it sounds like it's Ubisoft's end.

The way it's looking, we probably won't get back on until todays challenge time is up. I can only hope they still count our effort on 10/17/2016 and don't negate it.

Yeah I hope so as well. What a terrible time for server malfunctions

Seem like it affected most of their games, as well as their shops. This support thread says most online services are back up as of 4:02 edt. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by Elyther

I'm beginning to think it might be. It'd be just our luck. It was just a ridiculous trophy to put in in the first place if you ask me. Anything that requires you to be at the top of a leaderboard is stupid and I wish developers would quit putting them in. Been there and done that on the Xbox 360 with a few games, and now I find I'm running into a few on PS3 and now Vita. Not cool.

So Ubisoft finally came out and said they're investigating a problem in regards to servers, and now the PSN is goin' down. It's looking slim that we are getting this one.

The PSN going down is mostly caused due to that great DNS DDOS some douchebags do just for fun and I guess BF1 is also a reason the PSN is struggling right now. But good to know that Ubisoft finally woke up. :/

No, no luck here either. It's coming up for a week now. Bye bye diamond cup :(

Don't say that. =/

It's been three years since I intensively played the challenges the first time and there the servers had common problems, causing me some losses. But I'm not 100% sure that the maximum gap before losing points is one week.

What annoys me more is that this also causes us to lose other daily and weekly rewards (about ~100 points so far for me >__< )