10/17/16 Free Diamond Cup Daily Challenge

Elyther

Good news everyone! There's another bugged Murfy challenge for a free diamond cup in the vita version. 

The current distance needed is currently 556.00, however 555.99 also seems to give a diamond. 

Good luck, and remember to tickle the enemy right before the last jump if you're having difficulty. This seems to give a small boost in distance.

Edited by Elyther
  • Like 2

555.98 is also giving me Diamond. Don't know if I should keep trying for that extra 000.01/000.02 just to be sure....

EDIT: Actually, its showing Diamond on the trophy wall and challenge painting, but the leaderboards is showing gold. Is that normal?

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'm currently at 559.99 and it's showing diamond for me on the painting, medal wall, and leaderboard but it's very possible that's a mistake. If I remember right, back in August when the last bugged challenge happened, it was diamond for me up until the points were awarded and then it was a silver (I was still awarded diamond points/trophy though). 

I guess the only way to be sure is to go by percentages. Since we're at 70 people taking the challenge right now, theoretically it should only be the 556.00 people getting the diamond. As soon as we pass 100 then all the 559.99 people should get diamond as well, and so on. 

I guess if you're worried you might want to try for that extra 0.01/2? But it might be less irritating to wait until closer to the deadline to see if enough people take the challenge and push the diamond threshold down. 

I guess all I can do is periodically go back until tomorrow trying to shave off my time. 

My number rank and trophy keeps going down on the leaderboards, but I'm still showed as earning a Diamond on the painting and trophy wall.

EDIT

Well, I got it to 555.99. I guess I'll take it easy and try again for 556.00 tomorrow and/or hope for the best.....

'Course now, even though I'm ranked 4 out of 73, I'm NOT showing up AS 4th on the Top 10.

This is all so weird.....

Edited by RedRodriguez87

Hi guys, I have this game in my backlog and haven't started it yet. I believe you cannot access the daily challenge straight away? Is this correct? If so, can someone tell me how far into the game I'll have to play to be able to play this daily challenge and would it be worth me doing so to try get this diamond cup trophy today?

Hi guys, I have this game in my backlog and haven't started it yet. I believe you cannot access the daily challenge straight away? Is this correct? If so, can someone tell me how far into the game I'll have to play to be able to play this daily challenge and would it be worth me doing so to try get this diamond cup trophy today?

I think you just have to get through the tutorial.

Either way, just burn through it until you can get started on the challenges. 

Ok, thanks for the reply. I always hate it when the online portion of a game is locked off until you play through some of the single player first. I guess I'll go pluck it off the shelf and get started then. I probably should have started 2 years ago when I first got it...

Haha yeah I'm kicking myself for not starting this earlier. The problem with challenges is that there aren't a whole lot of people playing them (at least on vita), so you end up competing with the people who've been getting diamonds for years for like 3 or 4 spots. It might save you a lot of stress later on down the road if you get the diamond cup trophy right away, even if you don't go for the rest of the challenges yet. 

Haha yeah I'm kicking myself for not starting this earlier. The problem with challenges is that there aren't a whole lot of people playing them (at least on vita), so you end up competing with the people who've been getting diamonds for years for like 3 or 4 spots. It might save you a lot of stress later on down the road if you get the diamond cup trophy right away, even if you don't go for the rest of the challenges yet.

That's what I suspected - the older the game gets, the harder it becomes due to those "hardcore" players who play every day just for fun, or to hold their spot in the leaderboards. I'm going to have the same problem with a particular trophy on ModNation Racers when I start that, because once again I've come to the party way to late.

I think that I should start playing the daily challenges each day though seeing as you need to for the Plat anyway. Now's as good a time as ever I guess!!

Thanks for the info. I grabbed my Diamond back in August but this additional one will help me to reduce the remaining points I have to get (about 500 left).

Good luck with those 500 points! I only have 16 points left until level 11, so I might be a liiiiiiitle bitter that this diamond isn't really any more useful than a gold haha

That's what I suspected - the older the game gets, the harder it becomes due to those "hardcore" players who play every day just for fun, or to hold their spot in the leaderboards. I'm going to have the same problem with a particular trophy on ModNation Racers when I start that, because once again I've come to the party way to late.

I think that I should start playing the daily challenges each day though seeing as you need to for the Plat anyway. Now's as good a time as ever I guess!!

Good luck! It's definitely a commitment but I've definitely had fun with the challenges. It's weird to go back to the regular levels and have everything go so slowly haha. 
Edited by Elyther

Good luck with those 500 points! I only have 16 points left until level 11, so I might be a liiiiiiitle bitter that this diamond isn't really any more useful than a gold haha

Thanks. The only thing I need is motivation to do those challenges for another month. And even if it doesn't help you much more than a gold, just keep in mind that a Diamond helped you to get the plat. ;)

Earning a Diamond right at the start should be a good motivation. Wish you good luck for earning at least two silvers every day :D

Edited by Crimson Idol

As Crimson Idol said, its a good incentive to start now.

But another good incentive to play would be the game itself.

I'll keep it short; even though I play as much for trophies as I do for fun, if the servers went down tomorrow, I would still never regret buying (digitally) and playing this game. It's easily on the most fun most beautiful platformers I have ever played.

Hey, actually today's glitched challenge is the only one which unlocked from the start. That's why if you have several accounts I recommend you to play it everywhere cause it's really best way to get rid off that challenge butthurt (I got several diamonds honest way but still grabbing it to finish faster) :)

Thanks to all who replied to my original post :)

I've made a start and I have managed 555.99 but just cannot get the 556.00. I hope this will be good enough for the trophy. I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning.

I'll keep it short; even though I play as much for trophies as I do for fun, if the servers went down tomorrow, I would still never regret buying (digitally) and playing this game. It's easily on the most fun most beautiful platformers I have ever played.

Oh yes, I loved Rayman Origins so this was always a must buy for me! I just hadn't gotten around to starting it yet, but I'd still play it if the servers went down for sure. I also have it on PS4 (but haha, haven't gotten around to starting that one yet either!).

I regret buying this version of the game. Half of it is just stupid fucking Murfy levels which take away nearly all of the player agency for a tacky and unresponsive touch screen based auto scroller in which Raybox(?) will just NOT do what you want him to do and frequently get himself killed. Why they couldn't just make it like the Playstation and Xbox versions like Origins was is beyond me, but NOPE GOTTA GET DEM MOBILE GAMERS GUYZZZ. The one saving grace of it is the occasional free Diamond cup like this which is borderline impossible to get otherwise on this platform and extremely difficult on the other ones. It's just so frustrating to play but I guess I'm nearly done with it, and this will knock off another five days worth in one, at least. 

Thanks for this but I'm also getting 555.79 a lot and I know why. Around the 550 mark, there's a ledge that my character keeps jumping over for some reason. This is one thing I REALLY hate about the Murphy levels in this version, is that what the character does is not up to you. I cannot stop from stop from jumping the pit. That's bullshit! Is there something I'm missing here? I'm telling you, I tried everything Icould think of. Even when I tickled the enemy right before that point that did nothing. I tried delaying my character with the large wooden pillar. Nothing. Every single time I he just dashed into the enemy, jumped from the dash, and careened into the pit without even trying to grab the upcoming chain, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to change that! What the hell, game!? I don't believe this!

Ive tried it now for 2 hours and every time 555,79.

This isnt a Free Diamond Cup its a luck based Diamond Cup. I Quit.

Have you tried touching the last enemy right before the last jump? I was getting that exact score over and over and got to 555.99 as soon as I got that last enemy activated. Sorry you're having trouble!

Edited by Elyther