How many of you are excited about the US release?

Kirbz

come on, this will possibly be the game with the biggest ammount of content and replay value in quite some years... this game has so much swag even an 8 year old kid getting all the chicks he wants doesnt think this level of swag is acheivable!

|

|

comments below :P

V

Already pre-order a Premium edition ad Gamestop and kinda excited to see, what Disgaea 4 is all about

lol same here. i pre ordered premium edition and the strategy guide. first time im getting a strategy guide :o i dont think i will ever even use it, but it will look nice with my premium edition, thats for sure :P

• 1 month later...

Honestly... I'm not that familiar with this series at all. I often hear about it, but have never looked it up. Suppose I should see what the fuss is about.

EDIT: Now I'm about to sound like your dad... It all looks a bit dragon ball Z to me. but going past that side of it, is it a proper JRPG? If so, I may well be interested.

• 5 months later...

Having read about this and seen a gameplay video on Youtube I'm interested in getting this, but I have a few questions.

Has anyone hear played it?

What's the learning curve like?

How hard is it?

Does it have multiple difficulty settings?

Does it have an online mode?

Is there a GOTY edition coming out with the DLC?

How does it compare to Final Fantasy XIII? As that's the only other JRPG I've played.

Having read about this and seen a gameplay video on Youtube I'm interested in getting this, but I have a few questions.

How hard is it?

How does it compare to Final Fantasy XIII? As that's the only other JRPG I've played.

-i played all of them

-what do you mean? do you mean like, how hard is it to learn to play? because if so, its very easy

How hard is it?

-well, it depends. the story itself is pretty easy in my opinion, but some of the post game missions can be very heard. the game requires a lot of level grinding

-nope, only one difficulty setting

-part 4 introduced a new online mode, where you create maps and send your team online as pirates (this game is mostly about killing pirates in the item world lol)

-i really dont know, but considering disgaea 1 and 2 got a remake for psp, that included a lot of new features, and disgaea 3 is coming out for ps vita with all of the dlc, then yeah disgaea 4 will probably be out for ps vita as well

-well, its a LOT more fun than final fantasy xiii. i only put 70 hours in xiii, and in disgaea i put over 400 hours. its easy to get lost in all the level grinding in disgaea. if you have more questions feel free to PM me :P

• Like 2

Yes.

If you've played any of the other Disgaea games, you'll already be familiar with most of the games mechanics. If you haven't, there are a series of tutorials that will teach you what you need to know. It isn't the easiest game in the world to pick up, but it isn't a terribly hard game to learn, either. It just takes a while to wrap your mind around some of the more esoteric concepts, but beyond that it's not too different from your average, run-of-the-mill strategy RPG.

How hard is it?

The "main story" isn't that difficult. If you want to do everything the game offers in the "postgame", you might need to do some level grinding, both of your characters and of their equipment. Then again, much of the attraction of the game is that grinding, that you can see ever larger numbers when it comes to your characters' abilities and damage output (and that of the enemy).

No.

Kind of, sort of.... but not really. You need to be able to get online for a trophy or two, but you don't actually have to do anything online to achieve them otherwise.

For the PS3? Very, very doubtful -- none of the other Disgaeas received a "game of the year" edition for the PS2/PS3. Besides which, all the DLC for the North America version of Disgaea 4 isn't out yet, and won't be until June. The best you can probably hope for is for NISA to release a "complete bundle" of the DLC (including a slight discount for buying everything at once instead of piecemeal) once all the DLC has hit the PlayStation Store.

All that said, the DLC isn't really necessary at all. Much of it happens to be the addition of guest characters from other NISA games (who won't be available during the "main game", only in the postgame) or the odd map or two to play around with.

The two aren't really all that comparable. Disgaea is a strategy RPG, and doesn't really play similar to any of the Final Fantasy games, let alone XIII.

I put 101 hours into FFXIII to get the platinum. I've put a lot more into Disgaea 4 (same with Disgaea 3) and haven't gotten there, yet, but I don't feel any urge to beeline for the platinum with the Disgaea series -- it's plenty of fun for me to do things gradually and in my own way. There's enough to do that you shouldn't get bored if you like the game.

Of course, Disgaea 4 is also the game I'll most often put aside when something "new and shiny" comes out for me to play. Part of it is the DLC not yet being fully released, but part of it is also the ease in which I can pick it back up and immerse myself in what I was doing when I get the urge.

• Like 2

Thanks for the responses guys, difficulty was a concern, but if it's just a case of grinding until you're strong enough then I can deal with that, I think I'd enjoy the grinding, as long as it's not the same enemies over and over again. I'm a single player type of gamer, so the lack of online is a relief. If the DLC is mostly guest characters then that's alright, I wouldn't know who any of them are so I probably won't feel the need to buy them.

It's on my to buy list, but It's a long way down, I might bump it up, I might take it off, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Thanks for the responses guys, difficulty was a concern, but if it's just a case of grinding until you're strong enough then I can deal with that, I think I'd enjoy the grinding, as long as it's not the same enemies over and over again. I'm a single player type of gamer, so the lack of online is a relief. If the DLC is mostly guest characters then that's alright, I wouldn't know who any of them are so I probably won't feel the need to buy them.

It's on my to buy list, but It's a long way down, I might bump it up, I might take it off, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

well you can probably beat the main game with only two hours of grinding. but once you beat the game you must get ready for around 50 hours of grinding to get to level 9,999. just giving you a heads up so you know whats coming. not trying to discourage you or anything lol. i actually want more people to play disgaea so i can talk about it with more than just 1 friend :P