Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kirbz

How long have you been a ps3 owner?

463 posts in this topic

January, 2009, right following new year's eve according to my timestamps.

So... four years :)

Got the launch 60 gig with talladega nights on nov 24th 2006. The motorstorm 80 gig bundle on release. 120 gig slim( now with a 500 GB) on release to replace the dead launch 60 unit.

I have had my PS3 since November 22, 2006. I have 2 systems the original phat 60Gb and a slim 160GB.

Technically i've had a ps3 for for 5 years but in total i've owned three becuase there was a problem with the first two.

I'm honestly not sure, but I bought it when you could still play PS2 and PSOne games on them.  So, one of the very 1st models.  Still works today, but I think I'm eventually gonna need a new controller.  One of the sticks is always stuck in the up position, so my character in the games always moves.

I've had a PS3 since November 4, 2008 when Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm came out. Trade my first 360 in towards it which paid for half of the cost and my brother paid for the other half along with Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm.

To sum it up 5 years. In total I've owned 3 PS3's, I kept trading them in  :shakefist:

Edited by Noire_Symphony

I got my first 40GB at the 29th March 2008 then it died just over 2 years later when it got YLOD, I got my slim 250GB around 6 weeks later at the start of June and it's been loyal to me for nearly 3 years and hopefully last me until I get a PS4

Edited by chrisjohnson93

Anyways............ 

I bought my 80GB CECHE01 back in September of 2008. 

It works great to this day, though I did upgrade the HDD to a 7200rpm WD Scorpio Black 750GB and I gave it a snazzy Skin as well. 

IMG_1228.jpg

This is my first PS3 that I've owned. I have the Slim 160 GB for 2 years now (Feb. 16, 2011). I have to say it feels good to have one since owing PSX, PSOne, and a slim PS2 since 1997.

I bought my 60GB fat PS3 back in October '07, then sold it in 2010 to buy the 120GB Slim (which I don't regret at all, it's a much better piece of hardware!)

Thinking of trading my current one to get the new 500GB "Super Slim", purely for the extra HDD space and the lower electricity consumption.

I've been a PS3 owner since the winter of the release. Unfortunately, last year my PS3 exploded, and got the YLOD. I was forced to repair it, transfer all my data to my new one, and I keep the old one as a back up for something.

bought my ps3 as a early christmas present for myself sometime in november of 2010 ;}