Signature Battle IX [RESULTS]

cmgravekeeper

Signature Battle IX  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite ELITE signature.

2. 2. Vote for your favorite PRO signature.

3. 3. Vote for your favorite NOVICE signature.

ELITE Sig Battle:
2nd Place: Masamune - 11/28 votes

N8NU61A.png

PRO Sig Battle:
Joint 2nd Place: Masamune - 9/31 votes

genUTQi.png
3rd Place: Behemoth Balls - 3/31 votes
frPqyUh.png

NOVICE Sig Battle:
2nd Place: ruffedgz - 7/30 votes
Xeh1eg4.png

Signature Battle IX results are up! Congrats to RaveNScythE18 (ELITE), DEMON (PRO), and Dragon-Archon (NOVICE)!

Thanks to everyone who entered and voted! And thank you for putting up with all the delays with this Sig Battle. Sig Battle will be on hold until after Grand Tournament III.  :)

• Like 3

Yay.. the FF expert wins the Pro. :yay: I honestly didn't expect to win.. I wasn't liking my signature much. lol

Grats to Raven and Dragon! I knew you would win at some point Dragon, you've got really good. Just let me know if you wanna move up to Pro anytime. :)

And yes, due to the tournament, the next Signature Battle will be on hold until that is done. We want attention to be focused on that.

• Like 1

Congrats to Raven, Demon, & Dragon! good job onion head  Dragon needs to be booted up to Pro, although then the Sig Battles may start to run out of Novice participants. :P

I actually like my Pro sig better than the Elite one, & I only spent half the time on that one. xD But you can just combine the votes I had for my sigs & say I got 20 votes, it sounds more impressive that way. :P

• Like 2

Yay, my first win ... and with a Gimp sig :dance: . Congrats to Raven and Demon too :yay: .

Can I get some CnC please?

12 minutes ago, cmgravekeeper said:

ELITE Sig Battle:
2nd Place: Masamune - 11/28 votes
N8NU61A.png

PRO Sig Battle:

Joint 2nd Place: Masamune - 9/31 votes
genUTQi.png

Masamune should get a prize for making 2 sigs.

11 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Yay.. the FF expert wins the Pro. :yay: I honestly didn't expect to win.. I wasn't liking my signature much. lol

Grats to Raven and Dragon! I knew you would win at some point Dragon, you've got really good. Just let me know if you wanna move up to Pro anytime. :)

I'm surprised you made a sig, thought you'd be playing FFXV 24/7 :lol: .

Thanks :D , a year ago I'd never have thought it was possible for me to create something like this.

4 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Congrats to Raven, Demon, & Dragon! good job onion head  Dragon needs to be booted up to Pro, although then the Sig Battles may start to run out of Novice participants. :P

Lol :lol: , here's hoping there will be more Novice entries next time.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yay, my first win ... and with a Gimp sig :dance: . Congrats to Raven and Demon too :yay: .

Can I get some CnC please?

I'm surprised you made a sig, thought you'd be playing FFXV 24/7 :lol: .

Thanks :D , a year ago I'd never have thought it was possible for me to create something like this.

That was something I was going to ask. :P Since you said you aimed to win with using GIMP before moving onto PS.. I look forward to seeing your next signature.. this is seriously good for something made with GIMP.

Sure.

Overall, I don't have too many complaints about this signature. The GFX work in the actual picture is awesome. I really like how you did the dead souls around her, looks very fitting and the bubbles were done really well. :) My one complaint is with the text. Placement is fine and all but I don't like the font used for Yuna much and the line between both of the text is distracting, it could have been done without. I've said this a pile of times like, it could just be me who isn't liking the text as I'm super hard to impress with that area. It's always mostly done wrong. Although I do like @ruffedgz's text a lot better but it's placed badly.

Anyways, keep up the good work, you have improved a lot since you started. ^^

I was kind of.. this signature was done pretty damn quickly.. like 10 minutes.. I made it purely for just getting an entry in as I didn't want to end my streak here.. lmao. It was done during one of my short breaks from FFXV (actually cross that.. it was done as I was playing FFXV). :)

It's possible for anyone to get good.. okay, some people probably will never get into signature creation.. but with enough persistance.. anyone can get good at anything.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DEMON said:

That was something I was going to ask. :P Since you said you aimed to win with using GIMP before moving onto PS.. I look forward to seeing your next signature.. this is seriously good for something made with GIMP.

Sure.

Overall, I don't have too many complaints about this signature. The GFX work in the actual picture is awesome. I really like how you did the dead souls around her, looks very fitting and the bubbles were done really well. :) My one complaint is with the text. Placement is fine and all but I don't like the font used for Yuna much and the line between both of the text is distracting, it could have been done without. I've said this a pile of times like, it could just be me who isn't liking the text as I'm super hard to impress with that area. It's always mostly done wrong. Although I do like @ruffedgz's text a lot better but it's placed badly.

Anyways, keep up the good work, you have improved a lot since you started. ^^

I was kind of.. this signature was done pretty damn quickly.. like 10 minutes.. I made it purely for just getting an entry in as I didn't want to end my streak here.. lmao. It was done during one of my short breaks from FFXV (actually cross that.. it was done as I was playing FFXV). :)

It's possible for anyone to get good.. okay, some people probably will never get into signature creation.. but with enough persistance.. anyone can get good at anything.

Oh yeah, I did say something about that. Guess it's time to say goodbye to Gimp :( .

The pyreflies are just images I looked up and rendered, then adjusted the blending mode, opacity, and blurred them here and there. A few of them in the background are blended it in a bit too much :lol: . I wasn't sure if the bubbles around the hand were too much, but decided to leave them anyway. The Yuna font is Gobold and I tried to make it look bubble-ish to match the bubbles.

Lol, IIRC cmg's 10-minute sig also won the first time.

I used to be a real noob a year ago, only knew about layers.

2 hours ago, Masamune said:

I'd have to at least try to disguise myself... maybe change the name to Muramasa instead? :ninja:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/17/a4/51/17a451b575b760d389e8a44889020a8b.gif

Sounds like a great idea :awesome: .

2 hours ago, DEMON said:

You know, this disguise would actually worked if you weren't discussing it in public like a stupid idiot.

And here I thought hiding in plain sight was the best way to discuss secret stuff :ninja: .

• Like 2