New Year's Contest 2017 - Winners Announced + Feedback Requested

7 hours ago, MStalker58 said:

Well...this contest lines up nicely with another event I'm doing that starts on January 1 so sign me up please. That way I can lose 2 events at the same time. :P

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive: . Lol, I'm surprised you're entering one of my events again. You know it's going to be as painful as the SO4, Catherine, and Plat Rain Day events, right :P . 

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive: . Lol, I'm surprised you're entering one of my events again. You know it's going to be as painful as the SO4, Catherine, and Plat Rain Day events, right :P . 

I hesitated for a moment when I saw you were hosting this event. After scouring the rules several times and not seeing any possible way you could make this painful, figured it was safe to go ahead and join. Wouldn't be surprised if you had some sneaky sadistic tricks up your sleeve though. :hmm:

Edited by MStalker58

17 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

I hesitated for a moment when I saw you were hosting this event. After scouring the rules several times and not seeing any possible way you could make this painful, figured it was safe to go ahead and join. Wouldn't be surprised if you had some sneaky sadistic surprised up your sleeve though. :hmm:

You know me so well :awesome: .

1 minute ago, NerdRage04 said:

Are we allowed to leave in a easy trophy for platinum rain while doing this event?

As long as the top 50 fastest achievers are all 5 hours or longer and you haven't unlocked more than 5% of the trophies before the start of the contest, you can combine this with the Plat Rain Day. That's why the contest ends on Feb 5 :D .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Great, welcome to the event. The trophy time stamps on your profile will tell me all I need to know, but if you want, feel free to post updates.

Ok. And one gets points only based on platinum trophies right? Like if I were to 100% Beyond Good & Evil HD that would warrant 0 points, correct?

19 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Ok. And one gets points only based on platinum trophies right? Like if I were to 100% Beyond Good & Evil HD that would warrant 0 points, correct?

Yep, only plats will earn you points. But this year the amount of hours needed (according to guides) to plat a game will also influence the points.

46 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I'm debating to sign up knowing full well I wont win... Or get close.. 

Ya sign me up it's about the experience :highfive:

Awesome, that's the spirit. Welcome to the event :highfive: . And you never know, with the point multipliers I'm hoping this contest will be fair to people who play longer games.

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive: . Seeing you enter makes me wonder if anyone is planning to plat SO4 during the contest. That would certainly guarantee a first place with around 792 points :lol: .

Hells yeah,  I might have to buy a version from japan - Jk xD

wait is a dragon going for the So4 :awesome:

2 hours ago, Behemoth Balls said:

Hells yeah,  I might have to buy a version from japan - Jk xD

wait is a dragon going for the So4 :awesome:

Sadly, I already have a 50% completion rate for SO4, so it isn't eligible.

1 hour ago, Triicky913 said:

I would like to join this as well! This will definitely help me decrease my backlog. :D

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive: .

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Hell it sounds like fun to me.

Will there be an ongoing Leaderboard on the OP? Like a weekly check in?

You can post updates if you want to, but that's not mandatory. At the end we'll count the points to see who won. Are you joining?

Edited by Dragon-Archon