Welcome everyone!

TheYuriG

It looks.... big. 

I dunno, I liked a more compact and tiny site.  But I guess this might be more suited for mobile users or something. 

2 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but i cant see trophy tips anymore. I was upset when we couldn't create tips anymore but to remove all the old ones? A lot of those tips were better than the guides. I thought most people liked the tips anyway. 

That was removed nearly a year ago bud... They only want guides now.  Which is dumb, and I agree, because a lot of tips are better than the guides. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

8 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

That was removed nearly a year ago bud... They only want guides now.  Which is dumb, and I agree, because a lot of tips are better than the guides. 

No i knew that already, im saying that all the old tips (which were still available to read until the update) are now gone.

2 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but i cant see trophy tips anymore. I was upset when we couldn't create tips anymore but to remove all the old ones? A lot of those tips were better than the guides. I thought most people liked the tips anyway. 

It was removed with the update. @madbuk actually made a status update a few hours ago in sorrow for that loss. I'll add that to the OP though.

21 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

It looks.... big. 

I dunno, I liked a more compact and tiny site.  But I guess this might be more suited for mobile users or something. 

Mobile users are actually complaining more than PC users from what I've seen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cyberFUTUR3 said:

I like that Platinum trophies now count in the completion %, even if it decrease the completion %, it gives more value to the Platinum trophies.

That is a bug, though. It will be sorted out soon and completion will be back as it was.

3 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Unfortunately, these were lost. Only Sly knows if they are backed up and can be retrieved somehow.

• Like 1

I get why people would dislike getting rid of the tips, but since you couldn't make new ones anymore, I don't think there was much point in keeping them around. Of course there a point to be made about allowing people to make new tips again, but it's clear Sly wanted to push people to make guides instead. Personally, I don't mind the loss of the trophy tips. If there a tough trophy in a game that you feel like you could help people get but don't want to write an entire guide, I guess you could always make a thread explaining it instead.

• Like 1

I'm sure I will get used to the cosmetic changes, although I did prefer most visuals before the update.

The thing I don't like at all is the layout of the home page. It is a huge wall of information thrown at me. I liked how the Recent forum posts would sit at the top separate from the rest, showing its nice active community here. Right now the adds are pushing the Recent forum posts section downwards which make it look disorganized and loses what I think might be the most used and viewed section on the front page.

"Get premium then" is not an effective solution to new visitors and their first impression. Relocating the add that pushes the section away should maybe be considered, although I personally wouldn't have a good suggestion where to place it with the current layout.

20 hours ago, Paige said:

I'm not sure if this has already being mentioned, but the signatures are not visible if you browse topics as a guest.

That's a good thing.  Signatures are annoying.  The way I think of it, they should be hidden from public since they are more personal things and should be kept "private" in a community.  Becoming a member lets you see these instead of browsing like a guest.  It also helps keep it more clean looking by not showing sigs. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

Just noticed this but there's finally a link going from the game-specific forums to the trophy list (and guides):
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/3406-mad-max/

It's just visible in the game forum and not the threads but that's really helpful IMO.

I had not notice it and I find that pretty awesome. Thanks, gonna quote and post in the OP.