Request a Forum Profile Cover Photo - Waiting List Added to the OP

Dragon-Archon

1 hour ago, Mar said:

Holy shit! This actually looks badass, and you nailed the golden aspect pretty much exactly as how I wanted. The colored JaD logo, which I didnt want, actually looks good colored to, though I expected the placement to be lowered towards the corner (small nitpick). And the size of the JaD logo is much more ideal to how I wanted. The Statue piece unexpectedily looks amazing to especially with the matching color scheme.

Wait, what!? So what was the text below about? You want an orange text after all?

On 12-1-2017 at 8:44 AM, Mar said:

The orange and other colors seem out of place, so Ill go with the original (natural) color, which was the JaD shade/color, but equipped with Mar. (Plus gold tint.)

1 hour ago, Mar said:

Only issue I see is Mar text getting in the way of a few things. Seems the extra lines helped make this issue. Id like for the text to fit in the middle without overshadowing so much of the good looking cover. Could you combine the lines to the precusor text engraved metal on both sides to regain some middle space for the Mar text to fit more gorcheously? You could make the lines skinner IF necessary. I noticed you have a little extra space left to push the lines up to, so that should further help.

Yeah, it's totally unexpected that the additional lines caused the Mar text to overlap other things. By combining do you mean removing the space between the precursor text and the horizontal lines? And by making them skinner I take it you mean reducing the height?

1 hour ago, Mar said:

Also, I want to say both golden Mar text are actually awesome. In confusing (which I think is caused by the visual difference of mobile and pc/ps4 browser, constantly switching back and fourth) honesty, I think both get my vision across. The original might have a tad bit too much gold in the text itself but I really like that one to. I like both versions, maybe the original a little more, but the new one is good enough.

So which one do you like more? Never mind, I made two versions.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

2 hours ago, Mar said:

Holy shit! This actually looks badass, and you nailed the golden aspect pretty much exactly as how I wanted. The colored JaD logo, which I didnt want, actually looks good colored to, though I expected the placement to be lowered towards the corner (small nitpick). And the size of the JaD logo is much more ideal to how I wanted. The Statue piece unexpectedily looks amazing to especially with the matching color scheme.

Only issue I see is Mar text getting in the way of a few things. Seems the extra lines helped make this issue. Id like for the text to fit in the middle without overshadowing so much of the good looking cover. Could you combine the lines to the precusor text engraved metal on both sides to regain some middle space for the Mar text to fit more gorcheously? You could make the lines skinner IF necessary. I noticed you have a little extra space left to push the lines up to, so that should further help.

And if you could just push/place/drag the JaD text down a bit more to make the text look more "liscenced-like", unless the redone precursor metal frames compliments its current placement. Everything else is good as hell.

@Reply. As for the render I was referring to in the other earlier reply, I actually was talking about the character JaD render. The logo itself has a lot of renders out there in general (the collection one is annoying though when placed on everything).

Also, I want to say both golden Mar text are actually awesome. In confusing (which I think is caused by the visual difference of mobile and pc/ps4 browser, constantly switching back and fourth) honesty, I think both get my vision across. The original might have a tad bit too much gold in the text itself but I really like that one to. I like both versions, maybe the original a little more, but the new one is good enough.

Here you go, I made two versions: one with each text. That way you don't have to decide and can switch between them once you get tired of one. There are also two versions with an orange logo.

jwXRXPF.png

MJzdGlq.png

ACHiGuJ.png

igJbsKt.png

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, cmgravekeeper said:

A lot of time and work goes into GFX work out of one's personal life. This is stuff that is done for free, this is not a paid service. If you really have this great vision for a cover photo, you should have made a very clear description of what you wanted in your first request. It actually seems like you're changing the request as you go. That not only is wasting the time of the person making your cover photo, but disrespecting his work as well. The whole point of requests is to request a GFX artist to make a signature based on what you want, but with their style and design. If you have a very specific and detailed vision of your cover photo that is going to go through a lot of changes till you find the perfect one, you should learn Photoshop instead of wasting the GFX artist's time.

Going back to my original request, I WAS CLEAR ON WHAT I originally WANTED. Do I need to quote? Some unexpected additions however were added, yes, SOME OF WHICH WERE UNINTENTIONAL like the Mar Statue (, and some of which werent my fault - I just listed two examples prior). I never asked for that or any character, Dragon went out of his way to incorporate a Jak and Daxter one then I stated how I didnt like it. Ruff then went out of his way TOO to make a render of a statue I never asked for then in the end I was impressed with it and Dragon put it in anyway.

Clearly people arent reading and keeping up here with the updates. General, intentional changes as you go along I agree is disrespectful, but feedback to improve a more visioned cover after a posted sample is fine to me. The logic here of expecting an artist to make a perfect cover on his FIRST attempt, even with specific details from requester, is very inconsiderate and naive (unless you think youre an artist god and dont need multiple attempts to make a high quality cover). Art takes time, effort, and repetition does it not?

I at times have tried to learn PS. However, I obviously dont have the tools for that. I dont have my own pc nor a good one to burrow to use a type of PS.

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Wait, what!? So what was the text below about? You want an orange text after all?

Yeah, it's totally unexpected that the additional lines caused the Mar text to overlap other things. By combining do you mean removing the space between the precursor text and the horizontal lines? And by making them skinner I take it you mean reducing the height?

So which one do you like more? Never mind, I made two versions.

Nah I didnt want orange, but there seems to be confusion on that subject. I didnt think you was going to do 4 versions with the different colors :( (even though im glad you did). 

Back to logo color: 

Original/natural = original photo (I posted) color.

Colored = washed out orange (your personal touch), since its colorful, unlike the original image. Secondly, I actually love the non-orange color (the colored one/yours) you did with it. Despite argubly looking washed out, since it looks like a washed out orange by nature, it fits the tone of the cover, which is perfect. Thirdly, the placement is perfect, where I wanted it from the start.

Yes you nailed the combination I was talking about to, though I see the small cracked space inbetween. (People will think im rude for saying that but its just CC to make you a better artist.) What I meant by skinner was reducing the horizantal thickness of the bars, especially to also preserve the Mar text size.

Overall 9.5/10 for this cover. (Second one, and is my favorite.) If I myself made that, Id be proud. That means a lot coming from myself, especially a Jak fan, thus this is a fantastic cover made by @Dragon-Archon. Thank you Dragon for your patience, skills, efforts, time, and willingness. Youve made a great cover photo and a member here happy. @ruffedgz Obviously thanks to you to for The Mar render.

@DEMON You do realize a lot of ppl, especially on this website, are too grateful and nice to ask for extra things after a finished project right? I can be that way and I am at times, but I wanted a very specific cover, and I was part like this cause ill be using this cover for a LONG TERM period. (Look how long Ive been using your signature alone.) 

Again, part redoing the cover was NOT MY fault, I went over that to. Again, people arent exactly keeping up here.

That third paragraph is clearly false. Half if not most of my pictures were examples of a (golden) aura I wanted around text, again not reading. You might be getting mixed up with the PSN CP thread. "Too much do this do that" was explained, and me seperating each aspect by indents and spaces makes it seem like a lot when its really not. 

I am a loyal person, firstly. Secondly, I believed in Dragon. Thirdly (see how these transitions make it seem like im saying a lot, but really not), so play this out here... if I abandoned Dragon AFTER his efforts, how would that have made me look? I already look bad now, Id look much worse if I abandoned him, and SURELY I would have been written nasted replies like "youre so impatient, disrespectful, inconsiderate, a jerk, and you wasted his time". NOT TO MENTION, likely blacklisting AND other artist turn downs.  If people think im bad, theyve seen nothing. Ive actually seen genuinely rude and ungrateful ppl/requestors. 

Edited by Mar

12 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Edit:This was my 2017 post! Get it! The new year! 

... Maybe only I find it pretty cool... 

Always remember this happened on Friday the 13th :awesome: .

10 hours ago, Mar said:

Nah I didnt want orange, but there seems to be confusion on that subject. I didnt think you was going to do 4 versions with the different colors :( (even though im glad you did). 

Back to logo color: 

Original/natural = original photo (I posted) color.

Colored = washed out orange (your personal touch), since its colorful, unlike the original image. Secondly, I actually love the non-orange color (the colored one/yours) you did with it. Despite argubly looking washed out, since it looks like a washed out orange by nature, it fits the tone of the cover, which is perfect. Thirdly, the placement is perfect, where I wanted it from the start.

Yes you nailed the combination I was talking about to, though I see the small cracked space inbetween. (People will think im rude for saying that but its just CC to make you a better artist.) What I meant by skinner was reducing the horizantal thickness of the bars, especially to also preserve the Mar text size.

Overall 9.5/10 for this cover. (Second one, and is my favorite.) If I myself made that, Id be proud. That means a lot coming from myself, especially a Jak fan, thus this is a fantastic cover made by @Dragon-Archon. Thank you Dragon for your patience, skills, efforts, time, and willingness. Youve made a great cover photo and a member here happy. @ruffedgz Obviously thanks to you to for The Mar render.

I'm glad that you like it.

Also for the coloured logo: I used the background colours for that, so it's still the original/natural colour. About that small cracked space: if you're referring to that line between the precursor bar and horizontal line, it's an optical thing that happened when a brighter part is put next to a really dark part.

10 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

You have my sympathy, @Dragon-Archon. You have the patience of a saint.

• Like 2

On 14-12-2016 at 8:45 PM, TNekke said:

If anyone is interested to do this one for me, i really like the Fallout series.

i've searched some wallpapers but none of them fits perfect. The one i'm having now is 'meh' haha xD

I'm not looking for something specific, just fallout-theme.µ

If someone can make something really nice i maybe will print it out to have it in my gameroom on the wall...

Thanks in advance !!

What do you think?

izMCkyH.png

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

What do you think?

izMCkyH.png

Looking good @Dragon-Archon

Maybe 1 thing ( just asking ) now i see the design, could it be possible to add my name  ' TNekke ' in the style of the fallout sign ? in the middle or at the place of the sign now maybe ?? and removing Fallout4.

And if that won't work maybe just cutting the 4 off the sign so it just says Fallout ?

Otherwise it looks pretty badass..B)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TNekke said:

Looking good @Dragon-Archon

Maybe 1 thing ( just asking ) now i see the design, could it be possible to add my name  ' TNekke ' in the style of the fallout sign ? in the middle or at the place of the sign now maybe ?? and removing Fallout4.

And if that won't work maybe just cutting the 4 off the sign so it just says Fallout ?

Otherwise it looks pretty badass..B)

Here you go:

IBgev31.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm glad that you like it.

Also for the coloured logo: I used the background colours for that, so it's still the original/natural colour. About that small cracked space: if you're referring to that line between the precursor bar and horizontal line, it's an optical thing that happened when a brighter part is put next to a really dark part.

But it looks different to the original : o. That's weird. I think Ive dealt with that issue myself somewhere before.

Too bad other artist despise me now, rip future creations.

That FO one is good to. If I went for a more creative cover im sure you would have made a nice cover - with your own freedom - but I wanted a Mar focused cover, which is why I didnt like the Jak 1 insertion, despite the cool non-colored, transparent aspect of it (that I liked). Only didnt like Jak in it because he didnt fit the "Mar" theme.

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Always remember this happened on Friday the 13th :awesome: .

Ya couldn't just let me have my fun.....

200_s.gif

Damn number ruins everything it touches... 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mar said:

But it looks different to the original : o. That's weird. I think Ive dealt with that issue myself somewhere before.

Too bad other artist despise me now, rip future creations.

That FO one is good to. If I went for a more creative cover im sure you would have made a nice cover - with your own freedom - but I wanted a Mar focused cover, which is why I didnt like the Jak 1 insertion, despite the cool non-colored, transparent aspect of it (that I liked). Only didnt like Jak in it because he didnt fit the "Mar" theme.

Technically Jak is Mar, so yeah.... Also are you not going to use the cover image?

3 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Ya couldn't just let me have my fun.....

200_s.gif

Damn number ruins everything it touches... 

You're honestly surprised I pointed that out? :P 

41 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Technically ..........  so yeah.... Also are you not going to use the cover image?

That's a spoiler :\ Haha, as far as the storyline is concerned, there are

two Mars. Jak simply just having the shared name as The Mar. And the kid is more Mar than Jak is Mar, since the kid's name was always Mar whereas we knew Jak as Jak for a long time period (renamed). My profile is sophisticated: Not everyone knows the kid in my photo is actually Jak, so I get to rep "Mar" - avatar, name, and now cover photo.. technically is Mar - aka Jak without spoiling people, hence my Mar themed profile instead of Jak (a Jak avatar or name change to Jak would spoil ppl). Again, using Jak's older character wont match any of those 2 themes 

. :)

I tried using it (from mobile) but it doesnt fit the full space on my profile -_-

Edited by Mar

1 hour ago, kuuhaku said:

Mobile shows a different size than on a computer.

Kinda vague. The image itself, or the image on the profile (which I know btw)?

And apparantly, the image is one way workable. Applying it from pc (mostly) shows it fine when getting on mobile, but applying it from mobile doesnt even work on itself, so it likely wont when signing on a pc from mobile (dont get confused, its not a contradiction).

3 minutes ago, Mar said:

And apparantly, the image is one way workable. Applying it from pc (mostly) shows it fine when getting on mobile, but applying it from mobile doesnt even work on itself, so it likely wont when signing on a pc from mobile (dont get confused, its not a contradiction).

You need a larger size for mobile unfortunately. It's posted in the OP

1. Normal ones are 1270x200 pixels. Using this one will show a black bar at the pop-up menu when hovering over a member's username. Having a 1270x265 image removes the black bar mostly, causing it to become a faded bar.
  2. When using the mobile version of the site, the cover images have a limit of 1270x600. Take a look at this postfor some examples.

1 hour ago, Mar said:

Yeah. I meant the image on the profile shows as a different size. It actually doesn't even show as the same size on every computer or on every phone. It's a dynamic size and ratio based on the pixel length of the screen viewing the site. It is extremely annoying that sly chose to do it this way—especially since it destroys desktop mode on mobile devices.

I did some testing with developer mode on chrome and the size it downscales from is 1920x1080. It changes the location of the cutoff in a way that I can't really guess at. For some, it starts cutting off the image for the first 50 pixels on the left on some sizes and on other sizes it starts cutting off from the bottom of the screen. The only thing that stays relatively the same is the hover card and that is best made from the 1270x265 resolution.

In my personal opinion, I think the image @Dragon-Archon made would look best on mobile if he made tiles of the precursor bars to the bottom of the image until it reached 600px high while continuing to have the statue of mar go down with it. That would allow it to continue looking the way it does now on your hover card and when viewed from most computers while replacing the black bar at the bottom on mobile with the pattern of the precursor wall.

• Like 1