StrickenBiged's occasional Premium givaways

StrickenBiged

I will make a try - actually I doubt I'm right, but after some tips and guesses, it costs nothing make a guess. My guess is:

Spoiler

"Die."

Considering that we have six knights on a picture, as @delboy_rules said, maybe we should do just six "knight-moves". With them we can form "Win or ?" sentence (note that "?" would be one of characters), having as probable "answers" worlds like "lose", "die" or "bust" (like Delboy said). And since we're talking about knights, the most appropriate word should be "die".

Why can I guessed extremelly wrong?

• Nothing sures that we should do only six moves...
  • The "?" character is good as a starting point, but only as final character - nothing sures that starting point is also related to "?" character...

From TS Elliot's Little Gidding:

What we call the beginning is often the end
And to make and end is to make a beginning.
The end is where we start from.
And every phrase 
And sentence that is right (where every word is at home, 
Taking its place to support the others,
The word neither diffident nor ostentatious,
An easy commerce of the old and the new,
The common word exact without vulgarity, 
The formal word precise but not pedantic,
The complete consort dancing together)

@JoaoQuique Nope, sorry. I like that people are trying things though!

9 hours ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

This is great, thxs. I suck at puzzles so good luck to you winners.

Have a go at it. I think there are enough hints and clues (not just from me, but the other members who have taken a look and commented) for it to be cracked soon. They're almost there, and you might be able to crack it by taking a quick look through their comments. 

Internet was dead all weekend, so I didn't work on this at all, but I'll take a random stab in the dark and go with The Zemplen Mountains.

Spent a good bit of time and found a number of words, but no coherent questions or sentences yet.  Also nailed down two strings of 5 letters that must go together, so that's a plus.  For a minute I thought I also found a Ratchet and Clank and clank question, but it went dead after "Wrench Drek Combo."  Will keep working on this throughout the week.  Nice work @StrickenBiged!

• Like 1

zurkonomniwrenchdrekcombustor what does that mean?

Zurkon Omniwrench Drek Combustor

I don't know what drek is but it maybe Dirt in Germany

Ok after searching Drek is an enemy in Ratchet and Clank. And so does the other words. 

Ratchet and Clank references.

Ratchet and Clank + knight is Glaciara Knight

I haven't played any Ratchet game yet so I'm just using google's power.

Edited by reckscollie
Dumb me
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, reckscollie said:

zurkonomniwrenchdrekcombustor what does that mean?

Zurkon Omniwrench Drek Combustor

I don't know what drek is but it maybe Dirt in Germany

There is a German word called Dreck and it's an informal term for dirt, but I'm guessing it refers to the antagonist of the first game of the Ratchet and Clank franchise in this case. Also, all of these words are related to R&C: Zurkon, a little Robot which is available as a weapon in later parts of the series, Omni Wrench, which is the protagonists close range weapon, and Combustor is another R&C weapon from the later parts of the franchise. All these things should be in the new R&C1 reimagining for the PS4.

Is the answer by any chance "Ratchet & Clank", or "Ratchet & Clank (PS4)"?

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 3

@reckscollie @xFalionx Yeah, the correct answer is "Ratchet & Clank". @Komrade_Konrad Kinda got there but didn't because he hadn't gotten the whole message, and so wasn't sure that it was the answer.

It's hard to tell who got there first, because you've both edited your posts. However, because @reckscollie figured out the correct knight's tour of the whole board first, and gave the message, I'm tempted to give it to him.

(Maybe I should add a rule dealing with editing posts... otherwise someone could come along while I'm not looking and just edit their earlier guess into the correct answer... hmmm.)

I trust everyone agrees that it's fair for it to go to @reckscollie for deciphering the whole message first, even if he didn't know what he was looking at...

@reckscollie Can you please confirm that you want the year's premium for yourself?

2 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

@reckscollie @xFalionx Yeah, the correct answer is "Ratchet & Clank". @Komrade_Konrad Kinda got there but didn't because he hadn't gotten the whole message, and so wasn't sure that it was the answer.

It's hard to tell who got there first, because you've both edited your posts. However, because @reckscollie figured out the correct knight's tour of the whole board first, and gave the message, I'm tempted to give it to him.

(Maybe I should add a rule dealing with editing posts... otherwise someone could come along while I'm not looking and just edit their earlier guess into the correct answer... hmmm.)

I trust everyone agrees that it's fair for it to go to @reckscollie for deciphering the whole message first, even if he didn't know what he was looking at...

@reckscollie Can you please confirm that you want the year's premium for yourself?

Yes please.

I was afraid to spam. I think I edited my post about 4 times. But I know somehow that even if @xFalionx won, he will give it to me cause he is already a premium member plus he is a billionaire in real life. :P

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, reckscollie said:

Yes please.

I was afraid to spam. I think I edited my post about 4 times. But I know somehow that even if @xFalionx won, he will give it to me cause he is already a premium member plus he is a billionaire in real life. :P

Cool cool. I'll do it tomorrow once I'm back at my desk. For some reason I can't bring up the premium options on iPhone on your PSNP profile. 

Congratulations! Thanks for playing!

• Like 2

@StrickenBiged
Yeah, I would have either given it to @reckscollie or, if for some reason he didn't want it, used it as a giveaway thingie in my Year-long Backlog Event thread. ^_^ 

The only thing I did was put 1 and 1 together after recks was so confused. When I did my last edit to fix some spelling mistakes, his edit didn't show up for me yet because I didn't refresh the page, so I don't know who got it first though.

Also, I'm pretty much the exact opposite of a millionaire. :D I guess you could call me a decilaire because my wealth does not exceed 2 figures.

The only reason I have a premium membership is because @Crimson Idol was kind enough to gift it to me. :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

@StrickenBiged
Yeah, I would have either given it to @reckscollie or, if for some reason he didn't want it, used it as a giveaway thingie in my Year-long Backlog Event thread. ^_^ 

The only thing I did was put 1 and 1 together after recks was so confused. When I did my last edit to fix some spelling mistakes, his edit didn't show up for me yet because I didn't refresh the page, so I don't know who got it first though.

Also, I'm pretty much the exact opposite of a millionaire. :D I guess you could call me a decilaire because my wealth does not exceed 2 figures.

The only reason I have a premium membership is because @Crimson Idol was kind enough to gift it to me. :)

I'm sorry I was selfish. I really wanted to win. I was just joking please forgive me on calling you a billionaire. :(

• Like 2

@reckscollie All done. Your PSNP Profile says that you're premium, but it might take a few minutes to come through to the forum profile. 

@xFalionx Thanks! @Dragon-Archon did the same thing by re-gifting the December giveaway. Stay involved for the next one, like you say, you can always gift them (though I prefer that it's gifted quickly after it's won, cuz I don't want to have a load of them stacked then have to buy loads at the same time for people).

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, reckscollie said:

I'm sorry I was selfish. I really wanted to win. I was just joking please forgive me on calling you a billionaire. :(

No need to apologize, after all I'm pretty sure you're the first one ever to call me a billionaire. :D 

@StrickenBiged

Yeah, I wouldn't waited for the end of that year-long event but would have done something in between as some sort of motivator. :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

@Dragon-Archon did the same thing by re-gifting the December giveaway. Stay involved for the next one, like you say, you can always gift them (though I prefer that it's gifted quickly after it's won, cuz I don't want to have a load of them stacked then have to buy loads at the same time for people).

Yeah, sorry about that :lol:

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, sorry about that :lol:

No no, I said in advance of the December one that, because it was a lifetime special for Xmas, I was happy for it to be held over. You don't need to apologise. 

Anyway, like I said earlier in the thread... my next puzzle is going to be a real stinker (I think...). Mwahahahahaha.... 

tumblr_mkhtftuPeb1qems7ao1_250.gif

2 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

No no, I said in advance of the December one that, because it was a lifetime special for Xmas, I was happy for it to be held over. You don't need to apologise. 

Anyway, like I said earlier in the thread... my next puzzle is going to be a real stinker (I think...). Mwahahahahaha.... 

tumblr_mkhtftuPeb1qems7ao1_250.gif

Ok, good to know :D .

You're really enjoying this, congrats for becoming a sadist :highfive: .

• Like 2

On 2/27/2017 at 2:00 AM, StrickenBiged said:

Have a go at it. I think there are enough hints and clues (not just from me, but the other members who have taken a look and commented) for it to be cracked soon. They're almost there, and you might be able to crack it by taking a quick look through their comments. 

Omg grats guys, someone won, greatness awaits!

I just realized some letters are bolded.....LOL, great one Stricken

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Omg grats guys, someone won, greatness awaits!

I just realized some letters are bolded.....LOL, great one Stricken

Those bold letters are the most important clue given. Without it, I'd still be wondering what the hell is going on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Artful said:

I suck at puzzles but I'll give the next puzzle a go

Awesome, welcome aboard!

No one really "sucks" at puzzles. I tend to make them rely on lateral thinking rather than pure logic like, say, a Sudoku. With my puzzles, it's usually a case of if you try something and it isn't working, try something else. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's almost time for one of my giveaways. I have a plan for the puzzle, just need to construct it. Bumping the thread. 

If you want a year's premium membership, or know someone that does, sub to the thread to be notified when the puzzle goes live. Should be later today.