Questionable player?

DARKB1KE

There's a spam account on psnprofiles going to "nearly" every gaming session and saying "add".  Can anything be done about this person?  I don't think they are real.  While not directly against rules for typing in comments, it's a bit weird to spam all the sessions. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

If it's the same person I saw, he doesn't even have a forum account or never used it. Maybe a PSN message would be more efficient?

Talking about spam, doesn't that shareplay guy about autism gets punishment too? He keeps putting session for people plat things for him, it's ridiculous.

That guy technically isn't doing anything wrong, maybe somebody might end up helping him out. I can't see any sessions from him just now anyway.

Just now, Stevieboy said:

That guy technically isn't doing anything wrong, maybe somebody might end up helping him out. I can't see any sessions from him just now anyway.

He was putting 4-5 session at the same time with the same title asking to be carried through full games. Getting help with one trophy is one thing, being completely carried is another pretty different imo.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Guys,

i saw this guy posting in a lot of gaming sessions, all in games he didn't own.

And i don't know if he took a pause but now he posted that same message in my 2 boosting sessions, and i highly doubt that he has the games

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lars9612 said:

Guys,

And i don't know if he took a pause but now he posted that same message in my 2 boosting sessions, and i highly doubt that he has the games

He's still doing it and no, most of the games he probably doesn't own, or hasn't installed yet. 

Is naming and shaming not allowed here?  I think it should be a thing, he should be called out. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

He's still doing it and no, most of the games he probably doesn't own, or hasn't installed yet. 

Is naming and shaming not allowed here?  I think it should be a thing, he should be called out. 

We have to wait until the reputation system is implemented before we can start punishing these people, unfortunately.

Guys,

https://psnprofiles.com/session/109522-painkiller-hell-damnation

https://psnprofiles.com/session/109524-red-faction-armageddon

I suppose these are your sessions? @DARKB1KE is this the same guy you talked about before? @Stevieboy you too?

Edited by TheYuriG

52 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

18 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

We have to wait until the reputation system is implemented before we can start punishing these people, unfortunately.

I suppose these are your sessions? @DARKB1KE is this the same guy you talked about before? @Stevieboy you too?

That's the guy. I have deleted his comments and sent him a PM requesting that he stops. If he continues to do so, then please send me a PM with the session links so I can deal with it further. Naming and shaming is not permitted here. Inform us and let us mods handle it instead.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

6 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

That's the guy. I have deleted his comments and sent him a PM requesting that he stops. If he continues to do so, then please send me a PM with the session links so I can deal with it further. Naming and shaming is not permitted here. Inform us and let us mods handle it instead.

Thanks for helping me out with this, i had a look through some sessions sort of random, i don't remember them but 3 days ago i think there were at least 3 other sessions where he also posted. But i hope it stops because it is just annoying. And people who don't know that he is probably trolling expect that he will take part in their session, and in the end they have not enough people because he was trolling. 

2 minutes ago, lars9612 said:

And people who don't know that he is probably trolling expect that he will take part in their session, and in the end they have not enough people because he was trolling. 

Dude, I've seen this guy for a while now and you know what my theory is? I think he just feels lonely and he is looking for friends. If he was a member of the forums, he could actually post in the right threads to get people to add him because I don't think he is doing this to troll people, but just to get more friends, you know?

Just a theory though, I have nothing to back this up with.

24 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

Saw this guy a while ago...it's possible I even added him recently without noticing (all id's pretty muck look the same to me) and helped him with a trophy...just curious, does his id start with "E"?...can confirm legitimacy if so...

Yeah, that's the same guy. He posted just "Add" in the comments section of a Wipeout 2048 boost I was part of. It was already full at that point, but he was included in the PSN chat group we had and was also invited to the Discord that was set up. He never showed up in either, and both the PSN chat group and Discord were open and active for weeks. He also didn't have the game on his profile at that time though either.

It's not acceptable to just post "Add" in the comments section of a Gaming Session as it gives the impression that you want to be part of the session itself. If he does indeed want to be part of the session, then he would need to at least say more than just "Add". It should be pointed out that he actually didn't even join the 2 sessions I deleted his comment from and there were still spaces left. If he wants to just find people to add to his friends list then he is going about it the wrong way.

Edited by Stevieboy

Haha...too funny...seemed legit and likely decent at video games since we passed just him and i and not too long after he sent a pm asking for help...also  appears on latest achievers for trophy...agree that adding people just for the sake of making friends could be done other ways...unfortunately, boy who cried wolf situation is being created whether intentional or not...

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

Dude, I've seen this guy for a while now and you know what my theory is? I think he just feels lonely and he is looking for friends. If he was a member of the forums, he could actually post in the right threads to get people to add him because I don't think he is doing this to troll people, but just to get more friends, you know?

Just a theory though, I have nothing to back this up with.

That could also be the case, without him telling his intentions we can't know

i remember the person quite well now and it's possible the theory has some credit...usually when i finish helping people i say "taking you off friends list to make room for others...have fun with the rest of your trophies"...or something like this depending on game trophy completion...this guy's reaction was like "why, you didn't have fun?"...i remember him being quite good actually and having to explain that it's just the way i do things...if there was a space for him it's because someone else was removed and that i tend to leave it up to fate...should we meet again, great, if not, no biggie...already have a good group of friends that i've known for years, tend to buy the same games as, play co-op with mics, etc. ...he seemed cool about the whole thing so possibly just a little insecure, lonely, distrusting or something...feel kind of bad if that's the case...still maintain that perhaps going a different route for finding friends certainly more attractive...adding people out of pity also not my thing...curious now to see where this goes/what fate has in store...will give it some thought...may point him in the direction of becoming a member/forums for meeting dedicated boosters...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

i remember the person quite well now and it's possible the theory has some credit...usually when i finish helping people i say "taking you off friends list to make room for others...have fun with the rest of your trophies"...or something like this depending on game trophy completion...this guy's reaction was like "why, you didn't have fun?"...i remember him being quite good actually and having to explain that it's just the way i do things...if there was a space for him it's because someone else was removed and that i tend to leave it up to fate...should we meet again, great, if not, no biggie...already have a good group of friends that i've known for years, tend to buy the same games as, play co-op with mics, etc. ...he seemed cool about the whole thing so possibly just a little insecure, lonely, distrusting or something...feel kind of bad if that's the case...still maintain that perhaps going a different route for finding friends certainly more attractive...adding people out of pity also not my thing...curious now to see where this goes/what fate has in store...will give it some thought...may point him in the direction of becoming a member/forums for meeting dedicated boosters...

You are probably right. The thing is I don't want him to stop using the Gaming Sessions, I just want him to stop spamming random sessions with "Add" that he has no intention of joining.

he does join some...even sent me a friend request on psn...messaged me when i was online to ask for help...played well, followed instructions, got trophy...can send you a pm of screenshot if it eases your mind...will investigate/message them...as much as i'm an a$$hole, community important to me...none of us would be anyone without each other, no?...takes all kinds to make the world go 'round...all kinds of members on this site who go about using it in different ways...heck, i don't think i even know how half of the site works...thank god for fellow a$$holes keeping me in line...haha...not gonna post here again...all pm's from here on in out of respect for privacy...if i was in their shoes knowing there was a thread about me would be kind of irritating especially if i just didn't know what i was doing (often the case, technology and i don't mix well)...