Questionable player?

DARKB1KE

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

he does join some...even sent me a friend request on psn...messaged me when i was online to ask for help...played well, followed instructions, got trophy...can send you a pm of screenshot if it eases your mind...will investigate/message them...as much as i'm an a$$hole, community important to me...none of us would be anyone without each other, no?...takes all kinds to make the world go 'round...all kinds of members on this site who go about using it in different ways...heck, i don't think i even know how half of the site works...thank god for fellow a$$holes keeping me in line...haha...not gonna post here again...all pm's from here on in out of respect for privacy...if i was in their shoes knowing there was a thread about me would be kind of irritating especially if i just didn't know what i was doing (often the case, technology and i don't mix well)...

He wouldn't have a thread about him if he wasn't spamming.  Sorry but that's all on him to correct his actions.  He knows EXACTLY what he's doing.... so  that's no excuse.  We are simply observing odd behavior.  Is there weird people in the world?  Yes.  I've come to learn that especally when boosting games, there's all sorts of personality types out there, as well as mental handicaps.  Personally it's my opinion but if they are too lazy to install the game or click the join button which takes all of 1 second to do, they aren't worth the time of hunting down or inviting to future sessions.  Serious boosters sign up, it shows that they are committed.. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

right, but you're assuming the person knows how to use the site...odd behavior perhaps...just as people create their own boosting threads even though the site hasn't had any for a couple years...or people complain about hacked trophies even though 90% of the time they know what has happened...some hosts let sessions drag on for months and never even earn their trophy...some people join sessions and completely troll other players in game...so many other things we could go on about but all are just as odd in my opinion...my point is that this person has joined a session and gotten a trophy just as intended...they seem to also be a skilled gamer and no obvious issues with communicating...whether they know how to use the site or not is unknown...personally i didn't know it was an unwritten rule to not be able to do what this person has done...i admit i had the common sense to not do so as it would make sense that i would have a hard time finding boosting partners later on...innocent till proven guilty here in canada...assumptions and miscommunication often lead to unnecessary hostility...since it seems to really bother you, have you tried pm'ing the member or are you just complaining/judging someone in a forum?...you said "He knows EXACTLY (emphasis by capitalizing here) what he is doing...."...how do you know that?...do you see the little boy going to tell his mother instead of handling conflict on his own situation here?...don't get me wrong the mods do a wonderful job of keeping the scum at bay on this site and particularly when there is a potential conflict of interest like this...in case you haven't been following, the latest news is that Stevie has messaged him asking him to stop his current activity in the gaming sessions, and asked other members (i.e. us) to pm him (stevie) should the warning not be heeded so now the ball is the member in question's court...continuing to judge seems to make no sense until further progress...for the record, quite possible this person is guilty of accused crime and i'm not saying they are not...i tried to put myself in their shoes...what if this thread was about me and i had no idea how else to find people to boost with/make friends on ps3...someone pointing me in the right direction far more useful that than "this player is not legit"...and apparently i lied about not posting here again...haha...

• Like 2

This user did the same thing for my Kane & Lynch session, I added them on PSN but got no response. Ended up deleting their comment from my session. It's not helpful having someone comment on a session only to not show up or respond when messaged or added (which is what they requested in the first place). Is there really nothing that can be done to stop this spammer?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Dude, I've seen this guy for a while now and you know what my theory is? I think he just feels lonely and he is looking for friends. If he was a member of the forums, he could actually post in the right threads to get people to add him because I don't think he is doing this to troll people, but just to get more friends, you know?

Just a theory though, I have nothing to back this up with.

I have always said that. There are so many posts about "be my friend' as oppose to just joining the forums and posting in threads that interest you and eventually meeting like minded people.

What is the point of tons of friends that you have no idea who they are

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

1.  personally i didn't know it was an unwritten rule to not be able to do what this person has done..

2.  have you tried pm'ing the member or are you just complaining/judging someone in a forum?...you said "He knows EXACTLY (emphasis by capitalizing here) what he is doing...."...how do you know that?...

3.  Stevie has messaged him asking him to stop his current activity in the gaming sessions, and asked other members (i.e. us) to pm him (stevie) should the warning not be heeded so now the ball is the member in question's court...

1.  You didn't know that spamming was an unwritten rule?  It is written.  If you are not clicking the join button and always posting the same message in all the boost sessions I consider that to be spam.

That's why I said I wanted to find out if it was a bot or a real person.  Forums get spammed all the time with scripts that can just post.

2.  I have indeed sent him a PM actually, a long time ago when I first noticed the spam, to which he didn't reply.  That only adds to my suspicion that he's not a real person since they can't bother to write back.

3.  That's all I asked, for some investigating to be done and find out.  Mods took care of it, discussion is over.  The rest should be no concern to you.  Have a good day. 

13 hours ago, LeetWolf2 said:

This user did the same thing for my Kane & Lynch session, I added them on PSN but got no response. Ended up deleting their comment from my session. It's not helpful having someone comment on a session only to not show up or respond when messaged or added (which is what they requested in the first place). Is there really nothing that can be done to stop this spammer?

Exactly :) 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LeetWolf2 said:

It's also not helpful having a boosting partner fall asleep mid session, and end up wasting your time waiting for them to return. And when they finally do, they don't apologise for it

Or take a 27 minute shower during one of the last and most important steps of a very difficult easter egg that we had been trying for a few days to finish... AND IT'S NOT THE FIRST TIME THAT PERSON'S LEFT MID-GAME TO TAKE A LONG-ASS SHOWER. Shit you not, apparently when this happened while we were playing, this was his 9th time leaving to take a shower mid-game. How many people take 30 minute showers, and WHY DO YOU NEED TO DO IT RIGHT THEN AND THERE IN MID-GAME WHEN WE'RE ALMOST DONE??? Amiright????

• Like 4

Alright, since I just checked his forum profile and he was online 26 minutes ago, I'm gonna mention him here so he gets aware of what he is doing.

@Everlb13, you need to stop this spamming shit. A moderator (@Stevieboy) already warned you and you ignored it. Beyond being breaking rules, this is seriously annoying because you waste people's time adding you for no reason, so if you are just looking for friends like my theory says, there is a right place to do it which is here. Stop before you get banned.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 4

He wrote in the 80% of my boost sessions without join chat group or accept friend request. You can see my boost session here, he joined after 5 minute I've created it. I've been patient with him for weeks ignoring his messages, but it's starting to be frustrating see his notify everytime.

• Like 1

Here we go again, he posted in my two other sessions, f1 2014 and Two Worlds 2.

I have send him a PM before he posted in these, in this message i asked him why he did and if he wanted to respond ( not really in a nice way i admit, because i was irritated because of his messages) Then i saw @TheYuriG's theory, i thought that was valid and that it could be true, so i waited if he would respond and what he had to say. But he didn't respond and posted his standard message again in my sessions. And that is strange if you just want to make friends because otherwise he would respond something like "sorry" or something in that matter and stop with the messages, and not nothing and just keep on with posting that message, it is just annoying. I haven't deleted the message yet, but i know him now but people who don't expect him to join and play with them.

• Like 1

not going to be ruling anyone out or saying names but just throwing this out here, it is the same person who hops into people's sessions saying don't play with so and so and sends strange photos to you, as I have been having problems with someone doing that when I make sessions.

Edited by KANERKB

Haha...that's funny...so many characters...this site does have a way of dealing with strange people though...send a private message to either @Stevieboy or @Parker and let them know what your issue is...I've only had to deal with 2 people who were acting abusively in the past but both cases were dealt with promptly and diplomatically...would recommend it over a name and shame thread as it keeps things clean...kind of hypocritical to say "this person is not following the rules" and then do the same ourselves...

Edited by ProfBambam55

19 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

Haha...that's funny...so many characters...this site does have a way of dealing with strange people though...send a private message to either @Stevieboy or @Parker and let them know what your issue is...I've only had to deal with 2 people who were acting abusively in the past but both cases were dealt with promptly and diplomatically...would recommend it over a name and shame thread as it keeps things clean...kind of hypocritical to say "this person is not following the rules" and then do the same ourselves...

Yeah, you're right mate, just mentioned it here because i know i'm not the only one to which this happened

I had been looking through the gaming session part of this site for a couple of days as I still have a couple of multiplayer trophies I wanted to work on and kept seeing him 'add' comment on every session I looked at. 

Didn't realise there was quite this bad of a problem in the gaming sessions page :(

• Like 1

If Gaming Sessions comments are attached to forum comments like guide comments are, then message Parker or Stevieboy and give their name and explain what they're doing (perhaps give links to current sessions), then hopefully they'll ban them.

It sounds like they have a lot of time on their hands and are just spamming and trolling, lol

Edited by BlindMango

3 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

If Gaming Sessions comments are attached to forum comments like guide comments are, then message Parker or Stevieboy and give their name and explain what they're doing (perhaps give links to current sessions), then hopefully they'll ban them.

It sounds like they have a lot of time on their hands and are just spamming and trolling, lol

I'm already aware of what's going on and have previously posted in this thread requesting that people PM me the sessions that this person is posting in. I have sent the person a PM requesting they stop but they have not read it since I sent it 4 days ago.

I'm not sure their intention is to actually troll, but instead they are probably just wanting to add people to their friends list. I'm guessing they believe the more friends they have then the more popular they will seem, or something along those lines anyway. They also have actually used the sessions in the way they are intended by actually joining them, as well as starting their own sessions too. My intention is not to ban this person from using the sessions completely, but rather just to get them to stop spamming "Add" to the ones they don't intend on joining.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

I'm already aware of what's going on and have previously posted in this thread requesting that people PM me the sessions that this person is posting in. I have sent the person a PM requesting they stop but they have not read it since I sent it 4 days ago.

I'm not sure their intention is to actually troll, but instead they are probably just wanting to add people to their friends list. I'm guessing they believe the more friends they have then the more popular they will seem, or something along those lines anyway. They also have actually used the sessions in the way they are intended by actually joining them, as well as starting their own sessions too. My intention is not to ban this person from using the sessions completely, but rather just to get them to stop spamming "Add" to the ones they don't intend on joining.

this is what i'm talking about...prompt...diplomatic...

10 hours ago, KANERKB said:

not going to be ruling anyone out or saying names but just throwing this out here, it is the same person who hops into people's sessions saying don't play with so and so and sends strange photos to you, as I have been having problems with someone doing that when I make sessions.

From my experiences with the player who spams add, this is not the same person. They seemed alright when we boosted a trophy in gta4. What exactly do you mean by strange pictures? I haven't heard of anyone doing that. Did it happen more than a few times?

4 hours ago, White_Key_86 said:

From my experiences with the player who spams add, this is not the same person. They seemed alright when we boosted a trophy in gta4. What exactly do you mean by strange pictures? I haven't heard of anyone doing that. Did it happen more than a few times?

well when ever I make a game session they pop up randomly and post don't boost with me and sends photos of just me chatting to him normally and saying I did him wrong and crap and I don't remember doing anyone wrong and when ever someone joins my session he sends them the photo, I told a admin of this guy but it kept happening with me and I am just asking in case this is the same person.

Edited by KANERKB