TWD Season 3 Trophy Discussion

10 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Not necessarily. We have seen names changed, images changed, Trophies removed and trophies added so it doesn't always stay one way.

Name changes and images changes yeah,  because those don't actually change much and don't affect the list as a whole.  Only time there has been a trophy removed form a list that I recall was the Max Payne release on PS4 and that was done before the game was released.  As far as I know there's no other example of that happening and isn't something that would happen once a game has released and people earned the trophies.  

2 minutes ago, Gage said:

Name changes and images changes yeah,  because those don't actually change much and don't affect the list as a whole.  Only time there has been a trophy removed form a list that I recall was the Max Payne release on PS4 and that was done before the game was released.  As far as I know there's no other example of that happening and isn't something that would happen once a game has released and people earned the trophies.  

Age of Booty had a platinum that was removed after release and people had actually earned it; it eternally messed up their syncing since it wasn't on the servers. That's a bit different (worse actually) than adding one but still. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gage said:

On top of Dell's example there is also Hand of fate which added trophies. This is a perfect example, the platinum was achieved before the update.

22 hours ago, dell9300 said:

Age of Booty had a platinum that was removed after release and people had actually earned it; it eternally messed up their syncing since it wasn't on the servers. That's a bit different (worse actually) than adding one but still. 

Something that happened a long time ago, an anomaly like the devs of Hyperballoid managing to remove the DLC trophy from the game and screwing people out of being able to do it. Same issue with Defiance where they managed to remove the DLC trophies so you can't earn them now. 

11 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

On top of Dell's example there is also Hand of fate which added trophies. This is a perfect example, the platinum was achieved before the update.

That I believe was the dev screwing up a patch somehow. You're not supposed to be able to add trophies to a base list, and I believe the game now has more trophy points in the base list than it is supposed to. 

Also still a different situation than changing the entire list type. If they wanted to change the TWD2 list to a plat they'd have to change the grades of almost a quarter of the trophies and make everything not a dlc list. Not something that would ever happen or even be worth the effort for a developer to want to do. Now they just change the images and trophy text if they need like the did with Minecraft before episode 5.

On December 15, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Gage said:

That I believe was the dev screwing up a patch somehow. You're not supposed to be able to add trophies to a base list, and I believe the game now has more trophy points in the base list than it is supposed to.

Not that it matters, but it still has the correct amount of points in its base list. The game as a whole has 1485 points, and once you subtract the 180 and 75 from the two DLC packs, it comes out to 1230, which is the maximum amount of points a base list can have.

Pretty shitty that PS3 also got dumped after such a long lasting gaming story they had on it. Bungie also dropped Destiny for PS3 and the PS4 upgrades aren't anything that were worth ditching the ps3 version for. I call it lazy, that's all.

And if anyone is expecting a graphical upgrade, do not.

Edited by TheYuriG

Yet another Telltale game where all you gotta do is play all the episodes to get the platinum. I got no complaints for the easy platinum, but it's still kinda disappointing; the fun in obtaining platinums for me is the feeling of achievement, even if it's simply just picking up all the collectables in the game, and nothing too difficult, at least it still feels like you've actually done something to earn your platinum, rather than literally just play the game from start to finish, with no deviations from the linear path.