ACIII: The Buggiest Game Ever? No Worries, It Is Being Fixed

DanielVT

Wow! I am glad that I have held off for a bit before getting ACIII. It apparently has a crapload of glitches, but it looks like Ubisoft is getting them all ......or most of them taken care of, which is great news. GameInformer has the story below or at: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/16/assassin-39-s-creed-patch-has-over-100-fixes.aspx

"New Assassin's Creed III Patch Has Over 100 Fixes

by Jim Reilly on November 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM

ac3pc610.jpg

Assassin's Creed III can be a bit...buggy from time to time. Ubisoft has thankfully recognized this and is releasing a new patch at the end of next week that offers many, many fixes. The entire list of patch notes includes over 100 fixes total. You can head over to the full list found on Ubisoft's forums here.

Note: the patch notes contain some spoilers.

I've posted a few of my favorites below:

- Fixed possible mission break if the player shoots the horse he's supposed to ride.

- Players could be stuck in the opera if they backtracked in a certain way after killing the target.

- Fixed a bug where the guard you're supposed to kill would not reappear if the player starts fighting him and then runs away.

- Fixed the issue where the bear could flee and eventually freeze."

• Like 1

My friend said this game was so glitchy, it should be called Glitch City

Massive open-world games tend to be more prone to an abundance of glitches. Probably it is because it is just so hard to make these games as there are so many details to cover, and it is seemingly impossible to get everything right.

Massive open-world games tend to be more prone to an abundance of glitches. Probably it is because it is just so hard to make these games as there are so many details to cover, and it is seemingly impossible to get everything right.

While you're right, this is unaccceptable for a game that's been in development for 3 years and with the devs. bragging about that consistently. Grand Theft Auto didn't have this many, nor did Red Dead so why should ACIII? Maybe I'm being a bit bias because of that ending, but it's still unacceptable for a BIG budgeted game.

• Like 2

I love AC3.. and while I have not personally experienced a numerous amount of these glitches, I would be remiss to defend AC3 when it does wrong. I clarify the difference between fan and fanboy.

Glad it's getting fixed.

Edited by Aeirou

Bugs and glitches are bound to happen in such a massive open-world game. Yes there are alot, but just imagine how many they caught and fixed before release.

Nothing is perfect ladies and gentleman!

That being said, I'm glad the bugs are being addressed!

Nothing is perfect, but their should be limits. For a AAA title that had three(?) years of development that many glitches is absurd. If the game is that bad, hold it back.

Off topic: the election is over Daniel, change your name already :P

Damn, what is with all these big budget titles being released with so many glitches? I can understand a smaller company releasing a buggy game but like the others have said it shouldn't happen with a game like this. Either way, I'm glad they've addressed and are fixing the issues and hopefully by the time I pick it up it will be smooth sailing.

Parker

I thought Arkham City got GOTY from the VGA's.

No it won Best Xbox, Action Adventure and Best Adapted but Skyrim took home Game of the year.

The VGAs are a joke anyways. I mean Skyrim didn't win best xbox (batman), pc (portal 2) or ps3 (uncharted 3) game but it somehow beats all 3 for best overall game? :blink:

• Like 2

No it won Best Xbox, Action Adventure and Best Adapted but Skyrim took home Game of the year.

The VGAs are a joke anyways. I mean Skyrim didn't win best xbox (batman), pc (portal 2) or ps3 (uncharted 3) game but it somehow beats all 3 for best overall game? :blink:

That doesn't make sense indeed. Perhaps Skyrim was equally good on all 3 systems but not good enough to be the best on 1 system.

But that still doesn't make any sense. :S

Edited by MrCostari