Is it possible to do destiny flawless raider with out the taken king dlc?

z-TRAUMA--

Yes.  But its a lot harder because your gear won't be as good due to not having access to better gear.  If you try, you'll likely be teamed up with people that have high end gear from The Taken King or Rise of Iron and can carry you thru.

You can do Crota's Raid (suggested) or Glass Vault Raid without The Taken King.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

@TheAveryChu To a certain extent yes. The game does scale back your gear to the low raid maximum allowed levels, minus a few specific spots, at least in Crota. Also, some of the weapons from later on can be used in beneficial ways due to their perks.  But getting max gear for Crota in vanilla would be a lot harder than doing a few entry level quests with DLC and getting the same effect for Crota now.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotten it (flawless raider) and I only have up to "dark below" expansion.  As stated above I had a couple friends run time through crota basic for he trophy. My issue is finding a group for the last clan based raid trophy. We have 3 people (including myself) and trying to find 3 more for a full fireteam.  Prison of elders isn't an option... we tried that and it didn't work for us. 

My light level is 162

Edited by Hosyierdaddy
  • Like 1

Still working on it and ive got a full max hunter almoast i can help with clan trophy with 2 others  ligth 400 and me and my friend 380 and 384 i didn't played for a while. We can go invisible with hunter. But we need someone who can kill crota if you guys can we can do a clan trophy and a flawless run together.

5 minutes ago, Hosyierdaddy said:

I've gotten it (flawless raider) and I only have up to "dark below" expansion.  As stated above I had a couple friends run time through crota basic for he trophy. My issue is finding a group for the last clan based raid trophy. We have 3 people (including myself) and trying to find 3 more for a full fireteam.  Prison of elders isn't an option... we tried that and it didn't work for us. 

My light level is 162

22 minutes ago, Mr-Of-TacTicZz said:

Still working on it and ive got a full max hunter almoast i can help with clan trophy with 2 others  ligth 400 and me and my friend 380 and 384 i didn't played for a while. We can go invisible with hunter. But we need someone who can kill crota if you guys can we can do a clan trophy and a flawless run together.

I'm the only gimp one everyone else is 300something as they both have the expansions.  Doing on regular difficulty the higher light level as sword bearer would inflict the most damage.  (As with all things destiny). I'll message you on psn for additional coordination to not derail the original post. 

41 minutes ago, Hosyierdaddy said:

I can tell you that Prison Of Elders does work for the Raiding Party trophy as I and 2 others got that trophy the other day via PoE. According to the guide on playstationtrophies.org you can do either the level 32, 34 or 35 PoE for the trophy obviously making sure you are all in the same clan.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2016 at 2:23 AM, FilmFanatic said:

I can tell you that Prison Of Elders does work for the Raiding Party trophy as I and 2 others got that trophy the other day via PoE. According to the guide on playstationtrophies.org you can do either the level 32, 34 or 35 PoE for the trophy obviously making sure you are all in the same clan.

We did a prison of elders run but apparently I only have acces to the lvl 28 one. The trophy didn't pop for us. We retried this after doing the strike based clan trophy. 

Edited by Hosyierdaddy
Clarification

12 minutes ago, Hosyierdaddy said:

We did a prison of elders run but apparently I only have acces to the lvl 28 one. The trophy didn't pop for us. We retried this after doing the strike based clan trophy. 

Level 28 PoE counts as a strike whereas 32, 34 and 35 count as a raid. Have you completed everything in The House Of Wolves quest line? That could be what's stopping you accessing PoE above Level 28.

• Like 1

I did it on Vault of Glass way back when the game first came out, before any of the expansions.

It's clearly doable, more so now than back then because you're not at risk of getting screwed over by glitches anymore.

Only problem is that it might be a bit harder to get a group of determined people that only have the vanilla game together at this point.

On 25/12/2016 at 7:35 AM, Hosyierdaddy said:

My light level is 162

You only need 145 light level for crota normal so you don't get underpowered. You don't need a full fireteam for raiding party, i've done carries with only 2 people (me and the carried) and they got the trophy, ask @B1rvine. As fanatic said, you can also get it on PoE.

On 25/12/2016 at 8:08 AM, Hosyierdaddy said:

Doing on regular difficulty the higher light level as sword bearer would inflict the most damage.

Stop spreading false information. Crota dies with 6 sword hits regardless if you are 150 light or 400 light. Light level is only relevant when you are lower than your enemies, so you get punished in dealing less and taking more damage.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

You only need 145 light level for crota normal so you don't get underpowered. You don't need a full fireteam for raiding party, i've done carries with only 2 people (me and the carried) and they got the trophy, ask @B1rvine. As fanatic said, you can also get it on PoE.

Stop spreading false information. Crota dies with 6 sword hits regardless if you are 150 light or 400 light. Light level is only relevant when you are lower than your enemies, so you get punished in dealing less and taking more damage.

Sorry i didn't know that change it was like that back in the day. From what I remember I remember there was a difference in damage done to crota when dark below first came out based on our level difference based light (which was the last time I did it before  I got carried for flawless raider). Granted I stopped playing shortly after crota came out (had bought the season pass for the first two expansions but never came back for house of wolves)

I remember that's what it was like with light levels back in February 2015 light increased your level by 2-4 levels based on how much light you had. Remember it took me like 9+ hits to kill crota when my maxed friends would get him in 1 sword.

It's pretty obvious things have changed since I last played regularly. That's how I understood light levels and thought it still worked in that way. 

I only have prison of elders lvl 28 which didn't pop the trophy for me and the clan mates we tried it together. 

Edited by Hosyierdaddy

16 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Level 28 PoE counts as a strike whereas 32, 34 and 35 count as a raid. Have you completed everything in The House Of Wolves quest line? That could be what's stopping you accessing PoE above Level 28.

No I haven't, I stopped playing before house of wolves came out even though I had bought the expansion. I'll look into doing that to see if that's what's going on. Thanks for the info. 

Edited by Hosyierdaddy

32 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Rise Of Iron isn't needed for the trophy however having RoI does give you access to higher Light Level gear which can make it a bit easier.

Ah okay. Cheers mate. I still haven't found a clan to join and get the raid trophies with. Don't suppose you know of one?

31 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

You best bet would probably be to make a Gaming Session on here or post in the co-op thread on playstationtrophies.org I believe the PSNP clan can just be joined without someone having to approve it first.

I tried joint the clan but it needs to be approved by one of their members. I'll post something on the forums and see what I can do. Thanks mate for the help.

6 hours ago, Hosyierdaddy said:

I remember that's what it was like with light levels back in February 2015 light increased your level by 2-4 levels based on how much light you had. Remember it took me like 9+ hits to kill crota when my maxed friends would get him in 1 sword.

You must be talking about the light level was ranging from 1 to 30 (vanilla), 32 (dark below), 34 (HOW), right? Back then, Crota (normal) was 30 and Crota Hard was 33. Being 28 should give you 66% damage reduction what would explain your 9 hits to kill crota. Being 30 or higher would make crota die with 6 sword hits with which be done with a single word by doing 3-pause-3 hits.

When I did flawless carries, I never did that many hits with one sword because that forces you to be immediately close to crota when he goes down and unless you are using a bladedancer with invisibility (which I never do), it's pretty risky and pretty easy to get killed. Always did 2-pause-2 and 2 more in the following turn after he moves to one of the sides and then back to the middle.

3 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

You must be talking about the light level was ranging from 1 to 30 (vanilla), 32 (dark below), 34 (HOW), right? Back then, Crota (normal) was 30 and Crota Hard was 33. Being 28 should give you 66% damage reduction what would explain your 9 hits to kill crota. Being 30 or higher would make crota die with 6 sword hits with which be done with a single word by doing 3-pause-3 hits.

When I did flawless carries, I never did that many hits with one sword because that forces you to be immediately close to crota when he goes down and unless you are using a bladedancer with invisibility (which I never do), it's pretty risky and pretty easy to get killed. Always did 2-pause-2 and 2 more in the following turn after he moves to one of the sides and then back to the middle.

Exactly when I played it was 28 max base with extra levels through light. As stated previously, I only played it (crota) a few times before quitting so my understanding of the effects of light is not false just outdated. 

Had I kept playing I wouldn't be looking to finish the base game now (which is reflected in my list) the expansions aren't worth it to me to do a 100% completion. (At least not at this time, who knows in the future)

i didn't know the term vanilla before, I always called it core.  Learn something new everyday.   

On 1/1/2017 at 0:14 AM, FilmFanatic said:

I also just played the house of wolves expansion and it unlocked the 32, 34, and 35 prison of elders. Thanks for the help!

Edited by Hosyierdaddy

It's still possible but quite difficult. You still have access to Crota's End without the DLC but with the lower light level you will struggle in places, particularly the abyss at the beginning and when it comes to killing the deathsinger. As far as I know Crota will always take 6 hits to kill no matter your level. If you get a Gjallarhorn beforehand I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Remember when Crota was hard? xD

Edited by SlimSanta94

12 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

Crota is easiest if you can get carried (or know it well). Otherwise, I encourage everyone to try PoE for their flawless as three fireteam members is always easier to come by and PoE is much easier to solo if you have to.

The Raiding Party trophy works on Prison Of Elders.. Flawless Raider doesn't