Question about memory cards

Connie

So i currently use my 4gb memory card for my vita games. But i recently purchased a 16gb memory card and was wondering if i started to use that how would the ps store activations work? and if there is any other cons if you know what i mean.

Any help would be nice.

Are you trying to have your PSN account active on both cards? I can't remember if your PSN account can only be on one memory card or one console. I think you can have multiple memory cards in use for your system, but they can only be put in your system and your PS store stuff should work fine still. You can also just transfer all the data from your 4gb card onto the 16gb card as well.

Parker

Are you trying to have your PSN account active on both cards? I can't remember if your PSN account can only be on one memory card or one console. I think you can have multiple memory cards in use for your system, but they can only be put in your system and your PS store stuff should work fine still. You can also just transfer all the data from your 4gb card onto the 16gb card as well.

Parker

I'm beginning to get low on space and after Sly 4 and Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault, I will probably be wiped out. How exactly do I transfer every bit of data from my 8G card to a potential 16 or 32G card? This is something I have been wondering for a bit.

I'm beginning to get low on space and after Sly 4 and Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault, I will probably be wiped out. How exactly do I transfer every bit of data from my 8G card to a potential 16 or 32G card? This is something I have been wondering for a bit.

It's pretty simple, just watch either one of these videos. The first one has no commentary and the second one has some.

Parker

• Like 1

It's pretty simple, just watch either one of these videos. The first one has no commentary and the second one has some.

[media=]

Parker

What would I and the community do without you wisdom? I am going to nickname you "Sage" if you don't mind. Thanks for the info my friend!! :D

Edited by DanielVT

Parker

I am wondering if i can have my psn account active on both cards. so i can download my ps + shit and what not on my 16gb :P

So i currently use my 4gb memory card for my vita games. But i recently purchased a 16gb memory card and was wondering if i started to use that how would the ps store activations work? and if there is any other cons if you know what i mean.

Any help would be nice.

No offence but a 16G memory card won't do you justice either ( unless your aren't a huge game downloader like myself) Going to pick up a 32G later on today

• 1 month later...

I had some issues with moving from a 4GB card to a 16GB card. I performed a full backup to my laptop, inserted the new card, and booted back up my Vita. When I selected to restore from backup, it immediately started going crazy with these "database corrupt" errors. Pressing ok would just cause the error to come back up again.

So I turned the Vita off, only to discover that it wouldn't turn back on - the home light was flashing blue. A quick search online and I was able to boot the Vita into debug mode by holding down the power button for 30 seconds. From the debug menu I formatted the memory card and restarted the device. This time restoring the backup worked.

Just thought I'd share this in case anyone else runs into a similar problem. The debug mode is a great thing to know.