Still Possible to platinum if just starting?

TheGwynbleidd

Some people have been lucky enough to get Dedication in their first ever match regardless of which date they started, but the worst case scenario will be that you need to wait until January 1st, 2018. You should have got dedication by playing on December 30th or 31st and playing again on January 1st, then you wouldn't need to worry about the server closure date. The online does take a long time now, one of my friends was using 4 PS3s with a guy who was using 2 PS3s and it still took him 40 hours to do it with only two people taking turns. Playing 3 online matches can glitch for some people and there's no known way to fix that and Tooled Up can glitch by not unlocking which would require you to reboot your suit after becoming level 50 and retrying it when you get level 45 again, you can do this 5 times but after that if Tooled Up never unlocked for you then you're screwed. 

I m not sure but according to this guy the relay XP boosting still works if you have unpatched game... I dont know how you would log in to PSN with unpatched game though lol he did this plat in 6 days recently so maybe there is actually a workaround for this if you dont want to waste time organizing boosting sessions that will take a lot longer with normal boosting.

About Dedication its honestly the most uncertain and glitched trophy I ever heard about, like already mentioned its best to play at the begining of every month but even then it still may not unlock. Your best bet is January 1st.

Edited by Saionji

You don't look like someone that cares much for their completion %, and you already started Crysis 3 anyway, so might as well start 2 so you can finish the whole trilogy.

My advice: Play a few matches now, then play some more in July (and the 1st of every following month) until Dedication pops, then do the other MP trophies. There's no guarantee when/if dedication will pop; even with the New Year Day glitch I still got fucked and need to wait until June to try again.

FYI - considering they patched the game in 2016, I don't think they'll shut it down in the immediate future.

Just now, Thropy_Hore said:

You don't look like someone that cares much for their completion %, and you already started Crysis 3 anyway, so might as well start 2 so you can finish the whole trilogy.

This is my second account and I created for a perfect completion rate. I have started many games and tackled their online trophies so I wont have to worry about server closure. On my previous account (Mercer1118) I did platinum every Crysis game. That was maybe 2 years ago and it seems like a big risk now. I m thinking about playing the game without syncing my trophies and see where this goes.

7 minutes ago, Saionji said:

I m not sure but according to this guy the relay XP boosting still works if you have unpatched game... I dont know how you would log in to PSN with unpatched game though lol he did this plat in 6 days recently so maybe there is actually a workaround for this.

Yeah, I ve noticed a lot of guys who got the platinum in less than a week. This involves hacking or a lot of luck. Autopopping dedication on your first game seems crazy.

5 minutes ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

Autopopping dedication on your first game seems crazy.

Its not autopopping, I read if you buy Crysis 2 used and the previous owner already played MP in the past years chances are the Dedication will pop for you in your first online match.

24 minutes ago, SERGEN NoGlitchTwirl said:

You should have got dedication by playing on December 30th or 31st and playing again on January 1st, then you wouldn't need to worry about the server closure date.

This is best solution for this trophy imo.

Also I dont think this guy created a thread for boosting Crysis if he wanted to hack it lol

Edited by Saionji

Just now, TheGwynbleidd said:

How is this possible? I mean it's not like Blu-rays are holding game saves or stats.

It's not, it's bullshit like the guy talking about playing the game unpatched in the other thread, which is something that requires CFW. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

How is this possible? I mean it's not like Blu-rays are holding game saves or stats.

Well honestly I dont know how it exactly works but games on discs may have some kind of code which lets them connect to the servers, if there is an online pass for a certain game and someone already used it you wont be able to play MP with that disc so the servers somehow must know this.

56 minutes ago, Saionji said:

Well honestly I dont know how it exactly works but games on discs may have some kind of code which lets them connect to the servers, if there is an online pass for a certain game and someone already used it you wont be able to play MP with that disc so the servers somehow must know this.

It knows because the online pass wouldn't be redeemed on your PSN account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saionji said:

I m not sure but according to this guy the relay XP boosting still works if you have unpatched game... I dont know how you would log in to PSN with unpatched game though lol he did this plat in 6 days recently so maybe there is actually a workaround for this if you dont want to waste time organizing boosting sessions that will take a lot longer with normal boosting.

About Dedication its honestly the most uncertain and glitched trophy I ever heard about, like already mentioned its best to play at the begining of every month but even then it still may not unlock. Your best bet is January 1st.

You don't need an unpatched game, just follow the method: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/crysis-2-a/98750-trophy-boosting-thread-read-first-post.html

I started the game in 2014, and just played normally and reached level 13.

Since I started boosting 2-3 weeks ago, I reached level 32. It's not just capture the relay method, if you pay attention to your unlocks (e.g. weapons, attachments, suit modules etc) you get bonus xp. e.g. 5000 for getting 200 hammer kills. You get about 20000 xp a match with 6-8 players.

Some people in the group play waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than me, and are already nearly maxed. It's deceptive though because at lower levels, it doesn't take much to go up a level, but at higher levels, it takes much more xp. One guy is at lvl 48 I think, and he has spent > 48 h in multiplayer.

I probably do a few hours every other night, sometimes more at weekends. Its kinda boring so it doesn't bother me to play other games. I'm not purely focused on this.

5 hours ago, Bezenko said:

So how long does it take to reach rank 50 using the given method?

Depends how many people you have.  I'm doing it with a group of 4 with 2 dummies having one person kill per round then the other person on their team just run relay captures,  we're all around 2/3 of the way done after around 24 hours in game time (what the leaderboard shows,  probably closer to 50 actual time spent on it.) At this point doing the method of killing the people picking up relays is probably going to be at least 50 - 75 hours depending on how efficient you are and how many people you have.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gage said:

Depends how many people you have.  I'm doing it with a group of 4 with 2 dummies having one person kill per round then the other person on their team just run relay captures,  we're all around 2/3 of the way done after around 24 hours in game time (what the leaderboard shows,  probably closer to 50 actual time spent on it.) At this point doing the method of killing the people picking up relays is probably going to be at least 50 - 75 hours depending on how efficient you are and how many people you have.

Do randoms still play the game?

1 hour ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

Mostly in TDM, you can still sometimes get a full game in that. Otherwise it's right dead. We've had a few people show up in the relay capture mode, but we just wait out on the main multiplayer menu for a few minutes if they do then they'll disappear because 6 people are required to start a game. 

5 hours ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

Maybe it's a time zone thing, I've had no trouble getting into a TDM match recently (while waiting for the boosting group to all get together). 

I only had trouble last night I suspect because the one game going was full, and there were 3 of us waiting for a slot. As the others have said, you need 6 to start a match.

I wish i had these "worries" lol. xD  Well i did the MP twice of the Game, PS3 and XBOX and i never had any problems with the game at all. Other then that, just wait the 6 months... not sure where the problem is? For a game like this, with a glitchy MP it doesnt really matter if you have a long gab or not. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...