Watch Dogs 2 getting a free trial

crimsonidol38

Ubisoft and Sony posted a tweet telling about a trial for Watch Dogs 2 which will launch today, January 17th:

Infos about the trial:

• Available on PS4 and Xbox One
  • Full game experience: single player & multiplayer (co-op)
  • Trial will end after 3-hours is played
  • Progress will carry over to the full game, if purchased after playing the trial period. 
  • Download Now for PS4 system
  • Download starts January 24, 2017 for Xbox One

I will grab this for sure. I heard good things about WD2 and playing it for about three hours should give enough time to see if the game is fun or not.

EDIT: The trial is available via the normal product page.

EU-region: https://store.playstation.com/#!/cid=EP0001-CUSA04294_00-WD2FULLGAME00000

NA-region: https://store.playstation.com/#!/cid=UP0001-CUSA04459_00-DEMO000000000000

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

Reeks of desperation. 

But still, good news for us gamers. 

Demos were rarely a good idea from a publisher's point of view - only if you had a good demo would they actually translate into sales - so it's good from a consumer perspective to see that a "demo culture" is making a (baby step) comeback. Even if it is because AAApathy at the end of last year pushed them to it. 

As of fan of this series, this move makes me nervous that there may not be a WD3.

But as a consumer, Ubisoft has burned Day One purchasers enough in the past that gamers now know to stay away from their games at release.  If Ubi is sweating lack of sales, they have only themselves to blame.  

Playing this game at the moment and it blows the first WD out of the water (bearing in mind that I actually liked the first game). According to vgchartz, the game has sold almost 2 million on the PS4 alone after 4 weeks of sales. I think this is just ubisofts way of getting more people to play it considering the amount of hate the first game got.

Can you still get trophies In the trial? I'd like to try out the game but If I play the trial, get a trophy, and decide If I don't like It then I'm just going to end up having a game saying "1 out of 50 trophies unlocked" which bugs the crap out of me. I already got enough games like that and one of my goals this year Is to cleanup uncompleted games.

27 minutes ago, Rebellion3112 said:

Can you still get trophies In the trial? I'd like to try out the game but If I play the trial, get a trophy, and decide If I don't like It then I'm just going to end up having a game saying "1 out of 50 trophies unlocked" which bugs the crap out of me. I already got enough games like that and one of my goals this year Is to cleanup uncompleted games.

On ps3 you werent able to earn trophies on trials if I remember it correctly. Mayby that is true on ps4 trials too. 

Dont know if trophies autopop after you buy game or do you have satisfy requirements again. 

On 18/01/2017 at 1:59 PM, Rebellion3112 said:

No, you can't earn trophies. (From Watch Dogs site)

Q. Will I get achievements playing the trial?

Achievements are not available for demos and trials on either PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. For Xbox One players, any achievements you would have earned will unlock once you’ve purchased the full game.