Can UK PAL games be played on australian PS4's?

Shadowsnake777

Hi, sorry if this has been made before but i couldn't seem to find it.

I was going to buy persona 5 take your heart edition from a website called ozgameshop however they sold out and australia doesn't sell that edition in shops. I found another version from a UK website called shopto.net. I'm thinking about buying it from there but i was wondering if my ps4 would even be able to play a game from the UK? thankyou

28 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

The only issue you might have is with any DLC. DLC for games must match the region of the disc. So if you buy Persona 5 from the UK on physical disc, then you are going to have to download any DLC you want from the UK PSN store for them to work together. 

In fact, games bought in the UK share the same region as other PAL areas, as said above, so the DLC from the Australian PSN would work. He would be in trouble with the DLC if he bought it from Japan or North America for instance.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

The only issue you might have is with any DLC. DLC for games must match the region of the disc. So if you buy Persona 5 from the UK on physical disc, then you are going to have to download any DLC you want from the UK PSN store for them to work together. 

Not necessarily. As long as the game is from the same main realm (Sony America, Sony Europe, Sony Asia) DLC should work even if you buy the DLC from your own region's store and have a foreign disc which still is part of the same realm.

E.g. I have Just Dance 2014 as a UK PEGI-version but I was able to buy a few DLC-songs from the German-store. (I know this is not the best example but it's the only PEGI-version where I know that I bought some DLC as I can actually buy it :P )

I guess the important thing is that the catalogue numbers are matching.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Not necessarily. As long as the game is from the same main realm (Sony America, Sony Europe, Sony Asia) DLC should work even if you buy the DLC from your own region's store and have a foreign disc which still is part of the same realm.

E.g. I have Just Dance 2014 as a UK PEGI-version but I was able to buy a few DLC-songs from the German-store. (I know this is not the best example but it's the only PEGI-version where I know that I bought some DLC as I can actually buy it :P )

The PS Store for all the EU shares the same stuff with the same BLES / BCES PS3) / CUSA (PS4) code (DLC included)

So, It doesn't matter if you buy a disc in Italy, Spain or UK, for example.

If you notice, the disc is THE SAME for the PAL countries; it has all the PEGI, USK etc logos on it and you can play in every euro language.

39 minutes ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

In fact, games bought in the UK share the same region as other PAL areas, as said above, so the DLC from the Australian PSN would work. He would be in trouble with the DLC if he bought it from Japan or North America for instance.

37 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Thanks for the clarification both. I didn't realise that Oz was part of Sony Europe and what have you, but I guess it makes sense as English is the official language of Australia and NZ. 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...