Heartless Hunters II: The Darkening (Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts)

Heartless Hunters Livestreaming  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do daily livestreams of my Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 playtimes?

• Sure, knock yourself out! I don't care how bad they are! :)
    • Okay, but only if they have commentary.
    • Don't kill yourself with daily livestreams! You should enjoy your life! I won't mind if the livestreams are sporadic.
    • Sure, but plz, no spoilers! I want to experience the story myself.
    • No, don't do it! Your voice sounds horrible! It's not worth the humilation! :(
    • Don't do it if you aren't gonna commit.
    • I don't give a care either way. Do what you want.

41 minutes ago, Rach said:

Managed to get Riku's beginner run finished yesterday ^_^  Pretty much got all of his trophies apart from maximum level and hard hitter (for getting all the attack bonuses)  I started his Proud mode run last night but thinking I may go back and clear up those other two trophies.  

Starting to dread those extra playthroughs, not because it's difficult, but because it's repetitive.  I have to say though @Dragon-Archon and @soultaker655 guides are magnificent ^_^  They have been a great help, especially the boss guide

Congrats :yay: . Proud isn't all that different, enemies just hit harder and have more health. Spamming sleights is still OP.

Trust me when I say that playing the game 6 times is much better than getting both of them to lvl 99 and collecting all of Sora's cards.

23 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats :yay: . Proud isn't all that different, enemies just hit harder and have more health. Spamming sleights is still OP.

Trust me when I say that playing the game 6 times is much better than getting both of them to lvl 99 and collecting all of Sora's cards.

The only problem areas during my first playthrough were on Riku's run and were with Vexen (but I was still learning how Riku's deck worked) and Ansem (I just got unlucky with some of his attacks and card uses)

I'm doing normal and proud at the same time - just alternating each save file so the bosses are fresh in my memory.

19 minutes ago, Rach said:

The only problem areas during my first playthrough were on Riku's run and were with Vexen (but I was still learning how Riku's deck worked) and Ansem (I just got unlucky with some of his attacks and card uses)

I'm doing normal and proud at the same time - just alternating each save file so the bosses are fresh in my memory.

Ok, during Riku's campaign enemy cards are much more important, mainly Jafar, Malificent, and Parasite Cage. Lexaeus comes in handy against regular enemies too with his chance to insta-kill with finishers. IIRC in some worlds Riku also has cards with a value of zero, so those are useful for breaking boss sleights. For Ansem I found it easier to duel him, then mashing :cross: for some 8 and 9 cards.

That works too :lol: .

I heard through the video grapevine that Square-Enix is going to have a panel presentation at E3 this year. Put your KH3 speculations here. ;)

Also, I had already started the Proud Mode run on Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and got two trophies - Customizer(made my Gummi Ship a tissue box to speed through routes) and Test Pilot because it's impossible to not complete the Olympus Coliseum Level 1 Gummi Mission unless you avoid shooting things. ^_^

I'm glad to see a lot of people here working on the PS4 collections. Anyways, I heard rumors from a somewhat reliable source that KH3 will be releasing sometime in 2018 and that Square-Enix will be showing a new trailer(that was supposed to be shown last month but was pulled by the Osaka team, who were responsible for the DS games which are now reduced to nothing but trophyless cutscene cinemas on the Remix collection) before E3. I'm opening the discussion here - what do you think of this information? Do you think Kingdom Hearts 3 will finally get a release date that is reasonable or will it end up like FFXV, which took ten years to work on? I'm on the fence - Nomura said that they had a LOT of work to do and worlds to start on. What are your opinions?

Quick question to all the CoM pros...is there any disadvantage or downsides to me getting Riku to max level on my Proud playthrough?

As it stands, I've finished beginner and normal, and getting to the end of Proud (Twilight Town) and rather than going back to my beginner run for the maximum level trophy, I thought I might as well grind it out on Proud (unless there are any downsides)

6 minutes ago, Rach said:

Quick question to all the CoM pros...is there any disadvantage or downsides to me getting Riku to max level on my Proud playthrough?

As it stands, I've finished beginner and normal, and getting to the end of Proud (Twilight Town) and rather than going back to my beginner run for the maximum level trophy, I thought I might as well grind it out on Proud (unless there are any downsides)

Nah, if you are using the Lexeus card to kill enemies, they will be killed instantly (sometimes) on your third hit, so it doesn't really matter how much health they have left. Just have to be more careful if you are on Proud so enemies don't kill you too quickly and you lose progress. I would suggest getting Riku to level 99 before you face Ansem, so you can have the best possible chance against him, since you will have to do that after you face him anyway. 

• Like 1

Just now, evilartifact said:

Nah, if you are using the Lexeus card to kill enemies, they will be killed instantly (sometimes) on your third hit, so it doesn't really matter how much health they have left. Just have to be more careful if you are on Proud so enemies don't kill you too quickly and you lose progress. I would suggest getting Riku to level 99 before you face Ansem, so you can have the best possible chance against him, since you will have to do that after you face him anyway. 

Thank you ^_^  I was planning on getting Riku to level 99 before Ansem so that works out well.  Looks like a long day grinding is ahead then (currently level 53)

Just now, Rach said:

Thank you ^_^  I was planning on getting Riku to level 99 before Ansem so that works out well.  Looks like a long day grinding is ahead then (currently level 53)

No problem, and good luck! If you want to get it done quickly, whenever you get a Mickey card in Dark Mode, just keep spamming it, since it can be hard to get a finisher with those Neoshadows, and I found the Inverse Burst you use with the Mickey card can clear out a load of enemies very quickly, and as long as the stocked cards are above 9, you are invulnerable during it!

29 minutes ago, Rach said:

Only that it takes longer, as enemies have more health. Besides that, nope.

• Like 1

Just a PSA for anyone going for the Birth By Sleep platinum. I would recommend you do it on PS4 if you can due to changes being made, especially around the Ice Cream Beat. One example is that the Master mode of the last song is significantly easier to achieve Fantastic on the PS4 than it is on the PS3.