Heartless Hunters II: The Darkening (Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts)

Heartless Hunters Livestreaming  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do daily livestreams of my Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 playtimes?

• Sure, knock yourself out! I don't care how bad they are! :)
    • Okay, but only if they have commentary.
    • Don't kill yourself with daily livestreams! You should enjoy your life! I won't mind if the livestreams are sporadic.
    • Sure, but plz, no spoilers! I want to experience the story myself.
    • No, don't do it! Your voice sounds horrible! It's not worth the humilation! :(
    • Don't do it if you aren't gonna commit.
    • I don't give a care either way. Do what you want.

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

Don't let it get to you, Mysterious Figure is on a whole different level and playing as Terra is more luck-based than skill. I fought him 150+ times as Terra before getting lucky.

Sadly I've been playing as Ventus which is supposed to be "easy".  I've even a higher level then recommended.  I'm just going to swap to Terra and start taking out other stuff I need for my journal first for nwo

4 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

Sadly I've been playing as Ventus which is supposed to be "easy".  I've even a higher level then recommended.  I'm just going to swap to Terra and start taking out other stuff I need for my journal first for nwo

Are you sure you have Dodge Roll equiped? I remember having Thunder Roll when i fought No Heart. I was getting hit every time until i realize it

4 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

Ah ok, here are some things to keep in mind then when fighting MF as Terra:

• Always dodge sideways as MF can hit you with the insta-death move when dodging forward/backwards.
  • When he cloaks himself with fire, I found it a lot easier to remove the lock on and dodge in a hexagon-shaped pattern. That way I'd dodge most, if not all, of his rushes.
  • Should you get hit by that rope dart attack, just dodge mid-air to get out of it. If MF pulls you all the way up, you'll take a lot of damage.
  • Unequip Payback Fang, as that causes you to die very fast.

I also added lots of tips to the guide after platting it, so check it out.

5 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Are you sure you have Dodge Roll equiped? I remember having Thunder Roll when i fought No Heart. I was getting hit every time until i realize it

Yep, I made that mistake the first time but then quickly fixed it and saved so I didn't have to worry about it

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ah ok, here are some things to keep in mind then when fighting MF as Terra:

• Always dodge sideways as MF can hit you with the insta-death move when dodging forward/backwards.
  • When he cloaks himself with fire, I found it a lot easier to remove the lock on and dodge in a hexagon-shaped pattern. That way I'd dodge most, if not all, of his rushes.
  • Should you get hit by that rope dart attack, just dodge mid-air to get out of it. If MF pulls you all the way up, you'll take a lot of damage.
  • Unequip Payback Fang, as that causes you to die very fast.

I also added lots of tips to the guide after platting it, so check it out.

I've gotten good at dodging out of the rope dart attack, so that K know.  I'll try to keep these in mind once I get there

Love all of the comments here. Sadly, I won't be online for a few days as I am going to be traveling to the coast with my parents for three days and the only online stuff is on my phone there. But I got my Vita linked to my new account so I will be earning Vita trophies there.

21 hours ago, Rach said:

I hope you enjoy your trip to the coast @MidnightCJ ^_^  

Just hit D rank on Chain of Memories :D  Almost makes me want to challenge Kent to a Kingdom Hearts plat race...see who can finish the series first ;):P 

If I wasn't competing in the Olympics, Couch's survivor event and the THL I would definitely take you up on that offer. 

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 8:15 PM, Rach said:

I hope you enjoy your trip to the coast @MidnightCJ ^_^ 

Well, other than that trailer futon that felt like a crumbling caterpillar and made my arms sore, sandy air that ended up causing my nose to bleed profusely this morning and almost made me bleed to death(nah, j/k, but it felt like I was dying and almost went to a doctor for it :( ), and black bugs that I was afraid would co-habitate in my hair... I had an okay time. On the bright side, it forced me to start working on Persona 4 Golden and reformat my Vita to accept my current account. Bad news, I have to wait until May 3 to get Dragon Quests Heroes 2 because I am almost out of money. If it wasn't for all the camper food, I'd be starving for groceries for the rest of the month!

In hindsight, I should have just used my store credit to buy Dragon Quest Heroes 2 and formatted my old memory card again since it doesn't matter if you have a new Vita card - you have to severe your old account anyways which means formatting your entire memory.

9 hours ago, Rach said:

Does anyone have any good tips for the Veggie Panic minigame?

I can get to around 70 points consistently and it all goes downhill from there.  I think it will be the one thing I have the most problems with.

I wish I could be a god-mod and help, but that game made me mad too and I plan on waiting on re:CoM after platinuming Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, so I am sorry. Anyone who has the platinum for re:CoM can contribute advice!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rach said:

Does anyone have any good tips for the Veggie Panic minigame?

I can get to around 70 points consistently and it all goes downhill from there.  I think it will be the one thing I have the most problems with.

Best tips I can offer is stand a little to the side before you hit, enough so the Keyblade still hits the veg but if you miss you won't be stunned. As for the pumpkins, sometimes it is best to let yourself be hit by the carrots, just keep spamming the Keyblade. You need to hit it 6 times, and while you have slipped on the carrots, the rest of the carrots will just bounce off you. If you can, try to avoid the carrots instead of hitting them. What matters is you spam the Keyblade. If Pooh is in the way, try to use throw the Keyblade as much as possible, but in some cases it is better to let Pooh take a hit, if you can afford it. Final tip: Learn what distance you can hit the veg at, I found this helped a lot since it can help you get into a rhythm. Good luck!

EDIT: Thought a video I made might help explain my tips better:

Edited by evilartifact
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, evilartifact said:

Best tips I can offer is stand a little to the side before you hit, enough so the Keyblade still hits the veg but if you miss you won't be stunned. As for the pumpkins, sometimes it is best to let yourself be hit by the carrots, just keep spamming the Keyblade. You need to hit it 6 times, and while you have slipped on the carrots, the rest of the carrots will just bounce off you. If you can, try to avoid the carrots instead of hitting them. What matters is you spam the Keyblade. If Pooh is in the way, try to use throw the Keyblade as much as possible, but in some cases it is better to let Pooh take a hit, if you can afford it. Final tip: Learn what distance you can hit the veg at, I found this helped a lot since it can help you get into a rhythm. Good luck!

EDIT: Thought a video I made might help explain my tips better:

Thank you, that's really helpful :)  

Trying to get Sora's story finished on beginner (I'm up to floor 10) and then get Riku's first playthrough done, before returning to the minigames.  Overall I am enjoying CoM but that may change on my later playthroughs as boredom sets in.

8 hours ago, Rach said:

Thank you, that's really helpful :)  

Trying to get Sora's story finished on beginner (I'm up to floor 10) and then get Riku's first playthrough done, before returning to the minigames.  Overall I am enjoying CoM but that may change on my later playthroughs as boredom sets in.

No problem! The only thing which may give you trouble is the grind to level 99. On PS4 I did both grinds back to back, and was exhausted by the time I got Riku to 99. Least the story isn't too long, and on later playthroughs you can be done quickly if you skip the cutscenes,

15 hours ago, evilartifact said:

No problem! The only thing which may give you trouble is the grind to level 99. On PS4 I did both grinds back to back, and was exhausted by the time I got Riku to 99. Least the story isn't too long, and on later playthroughs you can be done quickly if you skip the cutscenes,

Planning on getting the platinum for this game this summer for the Summer Backlog challenge since it should be easier now that we can do everything in one playthrough. Birth By Sleep is my second choice although I'll be doing a beginner playthrough for the 100% reports after Critical Mode as I need every advantage against the secret bosses.

Edited by MidnightCJ

16 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Planning on getting the platinum for this game this summer for the Summer Backlog challenge since it should be easier now that we can do everything in one playthrough. Birth By Sleep is my second choice although I'll be doing a beginner playthrough for the 100% reports after Critical Mode as I need every advantage against the secret bosses.

Are you NebbyLunala?

EDIT.Nvm,i didn't read previous posts (ignore me)

Edited by sephiroth4424

7 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Nice, I'm doing that with KH 2 at the moment. I did everything on Proud mode in COM, so you're right about things being easier. Good luck on the platinums and the Summer Backlog challenge!

8 hours ago, evilartifact said:

Nice, I'm doing that with KH 2 at the moment. I did everything on Proud mode in COM, so you're right about things being easier. Good luck on the platinums and the Summer Backlog challenge!

Thanks a lot! Good luck on your stuff! ^_^

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rach said:

First play through of KH:COM complete - 30% of the trophies and up to an A rank.  Not doing anymore tonight but tomorrow I'll be starting Riku's story

Nice, congrats :yay: . Riku's story is much shorter, so that won't take long. Getting him to lvl 99 though...

Are you liking the game so far?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Managed to get Riku's beginner run finished yesterday ^_^  Pretty much got all of his trophies apart from maximum level and hard hitter (for getting all the attack bonuses)  I started his Proud mode run last night but thinking I may go back and clear up those other two trophies.  

Starting to dread those extra playthroughs, not because it's difficult, but because it's repetitive.  I have to say though @Dragon-Archon and @soultaker655 guides are magnificent ^_^  They have been a great help, especially the boss guide