Heartless Hunters II: The Darkening (Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts)

Heartless Hunters Livestreaming  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do daily livestreams of my Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 playtimes?

• Sure, knock yourself out! I don't care how bad they are! :)
    • Okay, but only if they have commentary.
    • Don't kill yourself with daily livestreams! You should enjoy your life! I won't mind if the livestreams are sporadic.
    • Sure, but plz, no spoilers! I want to experience the story myself.
    • No, don't do it! Your voice sounds horrible! It's not worth the humilation! :(
    • Don't do it if you aren't gonna commit.
    • I don't give a care either way. Do what you want.

Not sure if anyone wants to talk about their experiences with 1.5+2.5 Collection, but I do! I got Critical Competitor on BBSFM a few minutes ago; almost freaked out when the Final Episode didn't pop but I realized I hadn't gotten all of the Xehanort secret reports and had to go back to my Terra save file and fight SInister Sentinel in the Mirage Arena to get the last report. I think Square-Enix was a jerkwad to hide one of Xehanort's reports in the Mirage Arena but that's just me. ? As soon as I saved my file, the game gave me the alert that Final Episode had been unlocked and it had gone downhill from there.

Of all the playing of BBSFM in Critical Mode, Aqua was the only one who gave me trouble - she died four times in her first world because of those Hareraisers and Bruisers doing tons of damage, then she died three times in the final episode because Terra-Xehanort(that's the official name) was going super-aggressive. But I got through it all right.

I lost a lot of sleep last night, but... at long last...

2Lfa7591.png

At long last, this trophy is mine!

2L64d887.png

You're next. ?

Edited by NebbyLunala

• 2 weeks later...

@Dragon-Archon It looks like I'm going to win our bet :awesome:. I've finally decided to go back to Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, and after playing it for a couple hours I realize the grinding isn't even that bad. In fact, I have 25/30 items needed for the synthesis trophies so I should have the game wrapped up by next week. Although, I will be saving the plat for the Trophy Hunting Olympics.

Edited by Kent10201

10 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

@Dragon-Archon It looks like I'm going to win our bet :awesome:. I've finally decided to go back to Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, and after playing it for a couple hours I realize the grinding isn't even that bad. In fact, I have 25/30 items needed for the synthesis trophies so I should have the game wrapped up by next week. Although, I will be saving the plat for the Trophy Hunting Olympics.

Nice, afterwards go for Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep :awesome: .

4 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, afterwards go for Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep :awesome: .

I plan on it ;). I'm hoping to have them all done by the end of the year. I can assure they'll all be done before you get your PS4, especially if your only on PSN once a month :awesome:.

Edited by Kent10201

As of right now, I have created another new account and plan to put all my Kingdom Hearts platinums on it. I have created four blank accounts, one for each of the games in the collection, and will be working on and off on them. By doing this, I can be assured that I don't have to put the games on my account if I am not committed to platinuming them, and some(KH2 Final Mix and Re:chain of memories) are a bit challenging to me and I have a ton of new games(Persona 5 and Yooka-Laylee) to get through first. Don't even talk about Dragon Quest Heroes 2, which is coming out on the 25th, and more dental work I have to endure in a couple of days. :(

With the Kingdom Hearts games probably getting the plats on my new account, I probably won't bother finishing the games on this one. Sorry.

39 minutes ago, Rach said:

@Kent10201 I see you've finally gotten around to working on finishing up KH :)  How's it going?

I'm just finishing up the "no death" run on Unravel for platinum number 39 (just 6 more levels to do) and then I'll be working on Chain of Memories

It going great! I should have it done in a couple of days. I have 28/30 synthesis items done. The only issue is Dark Matter. Any tips?

Good luck with Unravel!

2 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

It going great! I should have it done in a couple of days. I have 28/30 synthesis items done. The only issue is Dark Matter. Any tips?

Good luck with Unravel!

I ended up synthesizing a couple of Dark Matter, the only item I remember needing more of was Mythril and I farmed the Behemoth at the first section of The End of the World as it has a 20% drop rate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rach said:

I ended up synthesizing a couple of Dark Matter, the only item I remember needing more of was Mythril and I farmed the Behemoth at the first section of The End of the World as it has a 20% drop rate. 

Thanks for letting me know about the Mythril. Fight Behemoth would definitely take less time then grinding White Mushrooms for Mystery Goo to synthesize it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Thanks for letting me know about the Mythril. Fight Behemoth would definitely take less time then grinding White Mushrooms for Mystery Goo to synthesize it. 

You should have most of the Dark Matter you need to get everything on the Moogle's list from chests, and you'll need to synth at least one Dark Matter to get the Synth Master trophy anyways. Still, if there's a 1/5 chance of getting a Dark Matter from a Behemoth, that's good.

After I finish getting my 10th platinum on my current account, I'll try to work on getting the Kingdom Hearts Final Mix platinum started.

3 minutes ago, Rach said:

Does anyone have any good tips for CoM?  I'm only 20 minutes in and I'm not really feeling it :S

I'm all over Dragon's guide and have read it in great detail, but I guess I'm not really into the card system.

This was the game that took me the longest to learn because of this card system. Best thing I learned is to use Blitz, a Sleight you learn at level 17, and the earliest you can use it is 3F (since you need 3 different keyblade cards). Make a deck where you can spam Blitz, and include Hi-Potion (dropped by a mini-boss in Olympus Coliseum) + 2 Cures (so you can replenish your deck and heal and not worry about your cards being broken too much). This will double the amount of Blitz's you can use. Once I learned this, I found the game a lot easier to play. Good luck!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rach said:

Does anyone have any good tips for CoM?  I'm only 20 minutes in and I'm not really feeling it :S

I'm all over Dragon's guide and have read it in great detail, but I guess I'm not really into the card system.

COM is the only KH game I'm not extremely familiar with. I'm sure @Dragon-Archon has some tips considering he co-wrote the guide. 

You're not the only one who hates the card system. There's a reason I still haven't beaten the story on the PS3 versions. It's definitely the low point of the series (although the story told in the game adds a lot to the lore and there isn't really a low point for the series :P). The good news is the games only get better from here and KH2, the best game in the series IMO, comes right after CoM and has the best combat in the series (except maybe Dream Drop Distance).

• Like 1

Well I've made a lot of progress since my KH hiatus but still no plat to my name.  Sadly I'm stuck at Unknown Figure with Ventus and I don't want to move on until I finish him up.  I also don't want to change KH games as that fight is SO HARD I need to be super familiar with the controls.  So hopefully I make some forward momentum...soon...

6 hours ago, Rach said:

The card system took a while to get used to. The game becomes a lot easier when you arrange your deck to spam sleights with :triangle: and ignore mashing :cross: for regular attacks. After the first world you get better cards and unlock some sleights, so the game becomes a lot easier. Enemies' stats are tied to floors, so it doesn't matter in which order you complete them. I do strongly recommend to choose Agrabah after Traverse Town as Jafar's enemy card helps a lot, especially during boss fights. Regular enemies can't break sleights as most of them have a value over 9. A good combination is cure and potion/ether/elixir, so you can heal and reload. Start the combo with an item card, as those only have 1 use per fight. Don't forget you can set a shortcut too.

6 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

COM is the only KH game I'm not extremely familiar with. I'm sure @Dragon-Archon has some tips considering he co-wrote the guide. 

You're not the only one who hates the card system. There's a reason I still haven't beaten the story on the PS3 versions. It's definitely the low point of the series (although the story told in the game adds a lot to the lore and there isn't really a low point for the series :P). The good news is the games only get better from here and KH2, the best game in the series IMO, comes right after CoM and has the best combat in the series (except maybe Dream Drop Distance).

The PS3 version is so much better than the gameboy advance version and its 2D-ish fights. At that time I still relied on mashing regular attacks, but managed to beat the game eventually.

• Like 1

I'm getting used to the card system now which is nice ^_^  However just finished Agrabah and the fight with Jafar was incredibly annoying because of awkward camera angles :facepalm:

I'm up to level 11, so I'm hoping that will be enough to take on Cloud (along with the Jafar card)  I need to unlock blizzard raid and maybe get a few more blizzard cards as I only have two.

4 hours ago, Rach said:

I'm getting used to the card system now which is nice ^_^  However just finished Agrabah and the fight with Jafar was incredibly annoying because of awkward camera angles :facepalm:

I'm up to level 11, so I'm hoping that will be enough to take on Cloud (along with the Jafar card)  I need to unlock blizzard raid and maybe get a few more blizzard cards as I only have two.

Nice, congrats :yay: . I don't remember weird camera angles as I just kept locked on at the lamp and listened to Jafar's vocal cues and watched for his cards to appear.

Regular sleights work just fine against Cloud. Don't forget you can break/interrupt enemy and boss attacks with a sleight that has a value of 10 or higher (though later bosses will use sleights and 0 cards too) and with the Jafar card you can use 6-7 sleights that can't be broken. Just remember to activate the card first (enemy cards can be accessed with :select: during battles).

• Like 1

On sábado, 22 de Abril de 2017 at 4:44 PM, Alternatewarning said:

Well I've made a lot of progress since my KH hiatus but still no plat to my name.  Sadly I'm stuck at Unknown Figure with Ventus and I don't want to move on until I finish him up.  I also don't want to change KH games as that fight is SO HARD I need to be super familiar with the controls.  So hopefully I make some forward momentum...soon...

Just build a deck with nothing but Curagas and Thunder Surges, get Second change, Once More and Leaf Bracer, and just keep moving while activating them and you should be fine, Ven (and Aqua) have insane i-frames while dodging so they can cheese the fight, now Terra's another story with his lame dodge...

12 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Just build a deck with nothing but Curagas and Thunder Surges, get Second change, Once More and Leaf Bracer, and just keep moving while activating them and you should be fine, Ven (and Aqua) have insane i-frames while dodging so they can cheese the fight, now Terra's another story with his lame dodge...

That's what I've been doing...everyone says that like it's so easy.  Still not easy.  Very much not easy.  I've been at this 2-10 times a day since the end of March...

7 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

That's what I've been doing...everyone says that like it's so easy.  Still not easy.  Very much not easy.  I've been at this 2-10 times a day since the end of March...

Complete the reports as Terra first, afterwards Ven and Aqua will be easy. And when playing as Terra you'll get used to his attacks and learn which attacks he'll use by looking at his stance and also how to dodge them.

7 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

What is your setup (as in level, deck, finisher, keyblade, abilities, etc.)?

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Complete the reports as Terra first, afterwards Ven and Aqua will be easy. And when playing as Terra you'll get used to his attacks and learn which attacks he'll use by looking at his stance and also how to dodge them.

I may try this. 

At this point I feel like I"m just not good enough at KH >.>

3 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

I may try this. 

At this point I feel like I"m just not good enough at KH >.>

Don't let it get to you, Mysterious Figure is on a whole different level and playing as Terra is more luck-based than skill. I fought him 150+ times as Terra before getting lucky.