Heartless Hunters II: The Darkening (Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts)

Heartless Hunters Livestreaming  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do daily livestreams of my Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 playtimes?

• Sure, knock yourself out! I don't care how bad they are! :)
    • Okay, but only if they have commentary.
    • Don't kill yourself with daily livestreams! You should enjoy your life! I won't mind if the livestreams are sporadic.
    • Sure, but plz, no spoilers! I want to experience the story myself.
    • No, don't do it! Your voice sounds horrible! It's not worth the humilation! :(
    • Don't do it if you aren't gonna commit.
    • I don't give a care either way. Do what you want.

Before we begin, I urge anyone who joins this thread to go check out the Platinum Project for the series. I will be relegating most of the reward-giving duties to Xeliot and his wonderful thread. Also, if anyone could make nice little banners for the lists like Xeliot did for his list headers, I'd be grateful. ;)

This thread is actually a continuation of the original Heartless Hunters thread; this thread was created due to me creating a new account. I used to be DetectiveCJ but now I have changed my OP. And for those who are going to ask, yes, I asked the mods about replacing the thread OP, but they said that it's impossible. I wouldn't have created a new thread otherwise. Anyways, that's enough griping, let's get started! ^_^

newbanner.png

Squaresoft and Disney walk into an elevator...

No, this is not the beginning of a really bad joke. It's the origin story of the first official crossover story between two franchises. I am a big fan of crossover fanfiction, which involves having characters from one story meeting characters from a dissimilar story, like having Harry Potter meet Luke Skywalker, or something like that.

In the early 21st century, a rep from Squaresoft and a rep from Disney's animation department(which were sharing the same building at the time, please do not take my words as gospel - I don't know the details) met in an elevator and the Squaresoft rep pitched the idea of having Disney characters take part in an RPG story. The Disney rep loved it and the two minds got together and worked to make the game known as Kingdom Hearts, which took off like a rocket, mainly because it had Goofy and Donald Duck in it as companions. The story of Sora, a boy who was chosen by a magical weapon called the Keyblade to fight evil dark enemies called the Heartless, become so popular it spawned a Gameboy Advance sequel called Chain of Memories, and it snowballed from there. In the games you visited places from famous Disney animations like Aladdin, Hercules and many more famous Disney stories.

The series has had many incarnations and with the arrival of 1.5+2.5 Remix for the PS4(in Japan as of this post but it is going to be globally released in March 28) and 2.8 leading to the final part of the Dark Seeker Trilogy(which has yet to have a release date), the story of two friends fighting Darkness with Light is a touching tale that touches many hearts. This thread is designed to give moral support and encouragement to those who are entering the series. Also, this is a great place for Kingdom Hearts fans to hang out and swap stories about how hard things were. ;)

Goal: To platinum as many Kingdom Hearts games as you can before the release of Kingdom Hearts 3, which is still up in the air but probably not releasing until 2018, though Nomura mentioned that more information will be forthcoming.

Rules:

While that may be so in some cases, one major stipulation is that you respect everyone in the thread. I will not tolerate people who come to the thread to hate on people, as these people are prime targets for the Heartless and I will immediately report anyone who s***s on people verbally in this thread. (Although I am sure that the mods will do their job and ban these people. I have experienced being banned and trust me, it's not fun. Anyone who got piqued can PM me asking how I got banned, where, and why, and I will be honest to a fault. I promise that what I did to get banned in that forum will never happen here!)

Who Can Join: Anyone who wants to play the series. If you don't know anything about the games, then ask the people on this thread for help. There are several trophy guides for the series and a ton of Youtube videos and walkthroughs on the Internet. Seriously, just Google "Kingdom Hearts guide" and you'll get a ton of links. I'll gladly answer any questions for people new to the series, but it shouldn't be too difficult to learn about the series and I don't want to spoil the story(which you should watch the first time without skipping cutscenes through the games as they are wonderful).

A Note About Non-Plats: While the 1.5 Remix of 358/2 Days and the 2.5 Remix of re:coded are nothing more than cutscene theater, they do have trophies. Also, 0.2 Birth by Sleep is also non-platinum. Therefore, I will be making a special certificate if you get all 100%s on all three of these, but you must 100% 0.2 Birth By Sleep along with the other titles as it would make no sense to award someone just for watching a cutscene theater. (Also, Square-Enix has not put a trophy list for X Back Cover, so it's assumed that this title will be trophyless, which is a shame as there is no incentive to watch it.)

It doesn't matter how many trophies you have at the start - you can just be starting or be one trophy away from a plat, you can join this event.

What if I have all the plats? Good for you! I have a special list for those who managed to get every plat before the thread was created. Please note that you are going to have to tell me whether you completed all the trophies in the Japanese version since the US version is not out yet.

What if I have a game ready to play for the... I am well aware (and have participated in) Dragon-Archon's Platinum Rain Day event which requires you to hold off on completing a game until a certain date. Therefore, if you have a game ready to plat for the event in this series, I will considered it complete even if it's not platinumed yet. I can add a little note about how many games in this series are on the Platinum Rain Day event.

Are you going to give out a cool prize for us getting all the plats? Well, while Xeliot has all the bases covered, I will be creating a nice cool signature banner (small enough to fit into a signature) for those who complete the Platinum Project fully (by getting the Keyblade Master and Aqua Fan titles) and are a part of this thread as well; since 2.8 won't be out for a couple of days, I'll be using the time to get more unrelated trophies I mean work on making the banner much more cooler than the little certificate I made for the first thread. ;) (Also, if you stack the Japanese and English version of 2.8 and get 100% in both versions, I may have a little something something special in place of the original banner, to show how language barriers do not affect your love for this series. ^_^)

What if I got a certificate in the last thread? Don't worry, you are free to keep your old certificate if you wish.

Guides: Xeliot has links to trophy guides for all the games in 1.5 Remix and 2.5 Remix. There is also a Youtuber called TheGamersJoint(aka Cynical), a New Zealander who has a whole list of video guide for Kingdom Hearts games including Birth by Sleep. I've linked to his playlist of KH guides HERE. When Dream Drop Distance and 0.2 get guides once it comes out here, I'll edit this part to include those guides.

Pace: No pace - though we want to help you finish before Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out, it hasn't been decided when that game will come out. Hopefully by mid-2018!

Participants: All members of this list will have their name followed by how many platinums they have and/or 100%s.

NebbyLunala (the moderator of this thread) - None yet
Kent10201 - 1 plat, 2 100%

Dragon-Archon - 4 plats, 2 100%
soulltaker555 - 2 plats, 2 100%
Han_the_Dragon - 1 plat, 2 100%
Beyondthegrave07 - No plats, 2 100%
cybershark - No plats, no 100%
Riddler535 - 1 plat, 1 100%

A-Brawl3r - 4 plats, 2 100%

x410xDragon - 4 plats, 2 100%

evilartifact - 4 plats, 2 100%

NathanielJohn - 4 plats, 2 100%
daftprophet - 2 plats, 2 100%

Maddawgmax - No plats, 1 100%

Stark_01 - 4 plats, 2 100%

TheAveryChu - 4 plats, 2 100%

Broni1337 - 4 plats, 2 100%
Axel_KG5 - 2 plats, 2 100%
vin_rob - No plats, 1 100%
viech54 - No plats, 2 100%
ChaoticFox9900 - 2 plats, 2 100%
KayoAye117 - 3 plats, 2 100%
Alternatewarning - No plats, no 100%
MattyH16 - No plats, 2 100%
Carttagos - 2 plats, 2 100%
Warpedsavior - 3 plats, 2 100%
Nidahlee - 1 plat, 1 100%
TBrucia - No plats, 2 100%
ladynadiad - No plats, 2 100%
Ehilmar - 1 plat, 2 100%
T1M1D_HERO - 3 plats, 2 100%
Arkham_818 - 1 plat, 2 100%

Samis-86 - 4 plats, 2 100%

linklbd - 4 plats, 2 100%
DayDaySpenSpen - 1 plat, no 100%

mannenntmichjens - 4 plats, 2 100%

Devil_Spooky - 4 plats, 2 100%

LZ-Zero - 4 plats, 2 100%

KANERKB - 1 plat, 2 100%

sephiroth4424 - 4 plats, 2 100%

Mah2c - 3 plats, 2 100%

Rach - 1 plat, 1 100%

Hall of Heroes: (For those who have platinumed all of the games with a Platinum)

Hall of Champions: (For those who have gotten all of the platinums before joining)

None yet

Edit: Finally got all the member links transferred. The ones in the old thread are broken.

Edit 2: I have stopped accepting people into the Heartless Hunters due to the Platinum Project for the series being up for a while. You can check the thread out here. Platinum Project: Kingdom Hearts

Edited by NebbyLunala
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

Oh definitely, and if Rach sees this, could you please PM me and let me know what you've completed? I tried to look in your profile and got blocked because you put your trophy page on private view only. :(

I've seen and popped you a PM :)

I left my old account on private view only, as I felt as though the games and trophies on there didn't really reflect me as a person or my tastes in games.  I have a reasonably new PSN account under the name of Mesopithecus

10 minutes ago, Rach said:

I've seen and popped you a PM :)

I left my old account on private view only, as I felt as though the games and trophies on there didn't really reflect me as a person or my tastes in games.  I have a reasonably new PSN account under the name of Mesopithecus

Thanks for the PM.

For everyone who is reading this, I must warn you that the links in the old thread are broken - they will lead you to an error screen saying that page does not exist. This is because the forums changed their URLs for forum profiles to a new URL. So it's a good thing I created a new thread with the proper links. If you want to visit a person on the list, check the links in this thread, not the old one.

Now this thread is up, I can moan about Kingdom Hearts Final Mix :D

So...after having some issues with the final boss on my Final Mix speed run, I decided to take a break and work on my beginner save a little bit.  Got a lot done, including the Hades Cup and I was about to go back and search for the Dalmations, however the first set I am missing are at the clock tower in Neverland but I can't go back there as the optional boss is in the way and I'm not strong enough yet to kill it -_-

Just now, Rach said:

So...after having some issues with the final boss on my Final Mix speed run, I decided to take a break and work on my beginner save a little bit.  Got a lot done, including the Hades Cup and I was about to go back and search for the Dalmations, however the first set I am missing are at the clock tower in Neverland but I can't go back there as the optional boss is in the way and I'm not strong enough yet to kill it -_-

If you need some help with Phantom, just remember to cast Stop on the clock to keep it from moving and use the right magic when the guy's heart is that color. (I'd just wait for it to turn white then you can wail on it with your Keyblade.) When he starts shooting fireballs at you, run around the clock to stop them so he'll be forced to come towards you and you can control the battle. He's not that hard on Beginner mode.

6 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

If you need some help with Phantom, just remember to cast Stop on the clock to keep it from moving and use the right magic when the guy's heart is that color. (I'd just wait for it to turn white then you can wail on it with your Keyblade.) When he starts shooting fireballs at you, run around the clock to stop them so he'll be forced to come towards you and you can control the battle. He's not that hard on Beginner mode.

I think I moaned prematurely, as it turns out the Dalmations chest guide I was looking at showed the PS2 locations and they were changed for Final Mix.  Thank you for the tips for the Phantom though, they will definitely come in useful

sign me up for this as I got the plat to kh1 just been grinding like hell in rechain to do the that then am off to birth by sleep and then kh2 and then birth by sleep 02 and the x chain movie and then dream drop in that order, however I got 100% on by days and recoded.

Also on a side note you should say that the story to kh is very confusing as if you want to play them in the right order you would need to play, kh x chain then birth by sleep, then 1, then rechain and then watch all the days movies and then go to do kh2 and before finishing kh2 watch the movie of recoded and before the end of that movie. Go to kh2 and finish it and then watch the last part of coded and then go to dream drop and at last play birth by sleep 0.2 and then when it finally comes out kh3 and you would have finally played the games in order, confusing I know but that is the way the timeline works sadly and if you play the games in the wrong order you will end up lost and when that happens you may get a headache.

Edited by KANERKB

49 minutes ago, Rach said:

Were you able to beat the third fight?

6 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

sign me up for this as I got the plat to kh1 just been grinding like hell in rechain to do the that then am off to birth by sleep and then kh2 and then birth by sleep 02 and the x chain movie and then dream drop in that order, however I got 100% on by days and recoded.

Also on a side note you should say that the story to kh is very confusing as if you want to play them in the right order you would need to play, kh x chain then birth by sleep, then 1 then rechain and then watch all the days movies and then go to do kh2 and before finishing kh2 watch the movie of recoded and before the end of that movie go to kh2 and finish it and then watch the last part of coded and then go to dream drop and at last play birth by sleep 0.2 and then when it finally comes out kh3 and you would have finally played the games in order, confusing I know but that is the way the timeline works sadly and if you play the games in the wrong order you will end up lost and when that happens you may get a headache.

That's the last thing you would want to do. It completely ruins the story line in every aspect. It makes chronological sense, but most people tend to play the games in the order they were released. 

10 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

Also on a side note you should say that the story to kh is very confusing as if you want to play them in the right order you would need to play, kh x chain then birth by sleep, then 1, then rechain and then watch all the days movies and then go to do kh2 and before finishing kh2 watch the movie of recoded and before the end of that movie. Go to kh2 and finish it and then watch the last part of coded and then go to dream drop and at last play birth by sleep 0.2 and then when it finally comes out kh3 and you would have finally played the games in order, confusing I know but that is the way the timeline works sadly and if you play the games in the wrong order you will end up lost and when that happens you may get a headache.

2 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

That's the last thing you would want to do. It completely ruins the story line in every aspect. It makes chronological sense, but most people tend to play the games in the order they were released. 

I second this, the games were never designed to be played in a chronological order by newcomers. You'll be missing some crucial info and spoil lots of things by doing so.

2 minutes ago, Rach said:

I never went back to it, have been playing on my beginner run and doing some side stuff and I'm going to try again tomorrow.  

Ah ok, good luck then :D .

18 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

Welcome, Hunter of Zombies! Now a hunter of Heartless! ^_^ And don't worry about explaining the story's timelime here, everyone here either gets it or they don't and only pretend they do. :D

I do plan on doing a Kingdom Hearts, but I am going to make my first Kingdom Hearts platinum Dream Drop Distance HD as, surprisingly, there is no difficulty trophy so I can just get everything on Beginner mode, which is good - I've played the original game on 3DS and had a hell of a time with the final bosses. I do plan on skipping every cutscene, though - I'll come back to watch them after I get the rest of the Kingdom Hearts platinums when 1.5+2.5 comes out in March.

Edited by NebbyLunala

17 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

that maybe true but some people may like to play it in a order of a story line also if you think of it like the star wars movies people like to watch it in order even though it ruins the moment in the empire strikes back and ruins most of the big moments in the star wars first 3 but that is how I see it.

Bottom line here is, if you like playing things in order of storyline or what not play it in the order I said if not then well there you go you made you mind up am not making anyone do anything they don't wish just giving a extra bit of help on where to start if you want to play it storyline wises.

9 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

Welcome, Hunter of Zombies! Now a hunter of Heartless! ^_^ And don't worry about explaining the story's timelime here, everyone here either gets it or they don't and only pretend they do. :D

I do plan on doing a Kingdom Hearts, but I am going to make my first Kingdom Hearts platinum Dream Drop Distance HD as, surprisingly, there is no difficulty trophy so I can just get everything on Beginner mode, which is good - I've played the original game on 3DS and had a hell of a time with the final bosses. I do plan on skipping every cutscene, though - I'll come back to watch them after I get the rest of the Kingdom Hearts platinums when 1.5+2.5 comes out in March.

Thanks and wish you luck as the kh games are fun but can be annoying when it comes to grinding parts mostly in kh1 or rechain but we are trophy hunters the fun is in the game and grind as they say, so lets rock and roll and kick down the heartless that stand before us.

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

that maybe true but some people may like to play it in a order of a story line also if you think of it like the star wars movies people like to watch it in order even though it ruins the moment in the empire strikes back and ruins most of the big moments in the star wars first 3 but that is how I see it.

Bottom line here is, if you like playing things in order of storyline or what not play it in the order I said if not then well there you go you made you mind up am not making anyone do anything they don't wish just giving a extra bit of help on where to start if you want to play it storyline wises.

Ok, I see what you're saying. I actually like to watch the Star Wars movies in chronological order :P. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh, that wasn't my intention :)

Good luck in  platting the KH games xD!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

Ok, I see what you're saying. I actually like to watch the Star Wars movies in chronological order :P. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh, that wasn't my intention :)

Good luck in  platting the KH games xD!

It is fine and good luck to you too, kh2.8 is the only one left till 3 and then we will all be ready for the darkness.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

It is fine and good luck to you too, kh2.8 is the only one left till 3 and then we will all be ready for the darkness.

That is, if we ever get KH3 :P. Hopefully we'll get a confirmed release date this year and maybe just maybe have the game in 2018.

@NebbyLunala I believe I have 2 100%s in the KH games but the participants list only says I have one. 

Edited by Kent10201

5 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

That is, if we ever get KH3 :P. Hopefully we'll get a confirmed release date this year and maybe just maybe have the game in 2018.

@NebbyLunala I believe I have 2 100%s in the KH games but the participants list only says I have one. 

I have heard from interviews that they have worlds that haven't been started work on yet. I am sure once they release 1.5+2.5 Remix in March the team will get back to work on KH3. They did promise some more info over the year.

Also, I apologize to you Kent, I didn't double-check your profile page to make sure you had both 100% in the Remixes. I have corrected the error in the list.

4 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

I have heard from interviews that they have worlds that haven't been started work on yet. I am sure once they release 1.5+2.5 Remix in March the team will get back to work on KH3. They did promise some more info over the year.

Also, I apologize to you Kent, I didn't double-check your profile page to make sure you had both 100% in the Remixes. I have corrected the error in the list.

Yeah I heard that as well. Hopefully, we can still get the game by 2018. That is of course if we don't get Kingdom Hearts 1.8 :P.

No need to apologize, especially after moving over all of those participants from the other thread. Thanks for fixing it :).

By the way, I can't believe this thread has grown to 41 participants. I remember when there was only 13 of us :awesome:.

Edited by Kent10201

If you want more extra bits about the story of how Kingdom Hearts came to be here it is:

There's more to the elevator story, Square wanted to make a game that would rival Super Mario 64, and they figured that Mickey was the only character that could rival Mario in popularity, so they wanted to do a Disney game for a long time, that chance encounter proved to be the perfect oportunity to do so they set up a meeting, Square wanted to do a game with Mickey, but Disney wanted to do one with Donald, they went with a new character instead.

Also the series was never meant to be a crossover, the reason Final Fantasy characters where included in the game was because... Nomura was lazy, that's right, he didn't felt like creating brand new characters for such small roles so instead he thought about using characters he already created before, it was the press (and Square went with it for the extra publicity) that sold the game as a Disney/Square crossover.

Also, not everyone knows this but the series is actually owned on it's entirity by Disney, Square is only the developer of the games, excluding FF/TWEWY characters. And Disney did try to create KH games without Square's hand in it, in fact they actually did one, but it's best to be forgotten really :P They where working on a MMO game for mobile that never left the conceptual stage, and one that shouldn't ever have left the conceptual stages lol

Thanks for the information, Devil_Spooky. Yes, I do admit I didn't get much of the story. The only reasons Kingdom Hearts is believed to be a crossover is because Nomura decided to use Final Fantasy characters instead of making a new cast(which I like, Yuffie is very beautiful) and because of that, the press made it look like a crossover. Then again, who wouldn't want to fight Sephiroth? :D

I don't know anything about this KH 1.8 business except that Nomura was tired during the interview and probably meant 2.8. :giggle: