No Loose Ends Glitch?

TragicKingdom50

On 16/10/2020 at 5:26 PM, leprekon666 said:

I believe I did rest mode and idling but I’m pretty sure it still works if you fully power down. 

OK, nice. I'll give it a try, downloading 1.09 here. The tutorial seemed so complex, but in the end was very easy

-----

Edit: Just for future reference, with 1.09 I was able to turn off the ps4 multiple times and still all the buggy trophies came. Thanks leprekon for the great tip

Edited by thalles_63
Aditional info

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a issue report to 2k support and this is what their response was. Not really helpful in my opinion lol.

• I've tried three separate play throughs on Mafia 3 and in all playthroughs I have killed all the racket bosses, I've left none of them alive. In one playthrough I did it with the wiretaps, another playthrough without, and a third with a mix and still haven't got the achievement to unlock. I've been reading online that ever since the most recent patch came out, this has been a more difficult trophy to achieve as it's either not working for some players or is hit or miss.

Ashish R.
    • 21 hours ago

Hey there,

Thank you for contacting 2K Support!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue with Mafia III: Definitive Edition.

I appreciate the fact that you came to us first as a sign of respect! I would like to inform you that this one should be unlocked when all racket bosses are killed. Also because of the work of earners like you, we've been able to collect enough information about this issue to inform the bosses about what's what, and they are currently making sure that the issue goes away.

Listen! I won't say anything more because you never know when the feds are listening, so you will have to wait and see for now. You are family and the family sticks together. You can pay your respects on Twitter @MafiaGame to get new info, as well as, waiting for the upcoming patch announcements.

If you have any questions, you may ask at your own risk.

Ashish R.
    2K Support

• Like 1

On 2020-11-02 at 3:36 PM, kmosesltd said:

I sent a issue report to 2k support and this is what their response was. Not really helpful in my opinion lol.

What the actual heck was that? Lmao. I sent them a ticket about this issue a couple weeks and got an equally useless response. But yours is much funnier. ?

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 10:38 AM, dieselmanchild said:

What the actual heck was that? Lmao. I sent them a ticket about this issue a couple weeks and got an equally useless response. But yours is much funnier. 1f602.png

Yea mine was funny yet stupidly useless... I responded back by saying that the response didn't solve anything so they said that the developers are aware and to keep an eye out for updates lol. 

14 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

Yea mine was funny yet stupidly useless... I responded back by saying that the response didn't solve anything so they said that the developers are aware and to keep an eye out for updates lol. 

Yeah I went back and forth with them a couple times because they were so useless. First they referred me to the Mafia: Definitive Edition topic forums on one of their sites, but a quick peek there showed that the developers never look or respond to posts there, and multiple trophy related posts have been dead in the water for months on end with no replies. After a couple e-mails back and forth they claimed to have passed the issue on and said the developers “are aware of the issue” but that’s hardly the first time we’ve heard that.

I’m hopeful it will get fixed eventually, but I’m also a realist, and all my instincts are telling me that they really don’t give a shit and this will likely be one of those games where we never see a fix.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/11/2020 at 2:38 AM, dieselmanchild said:

What the actual heck was that? Lmao. I sent them a ticket about this issue a couple weeks and got an equally useless response. But yours is much funnier. ?

I contacted them multiple times over three months, they kept spinning shit fixes and say they are here to help. They also promised patches coming out soon (early New Years). Honestly they don’t care about us or the community as long as we have given them our money for the game/ dlcs. Irony is they kept emailing me to rate their customer service positively.

• Like 1

On 2021-03-14 at 8:08 PM, Rawlo1991 said:

I contacted them multiple times over three months, they kept spinning shit fixes and say they are here to help. They also promised patches coming out soon (early New Years). Honestly they don’t care about us or the community as long as we have given them our money for the game/ dlcs. Irony is they kept emailing me to rate their customer service positively.

I sure hope you filled out the surveys with terrible feedback! Or at the very least, told them to shove it up their ass. ?

I am so, so disappointed with this company and their complete lack of regard for their customers and the products they’ve sold us. It’s a complete disgrace, especially when you consider they just worked on these games recently when they remastered the first 2 games and released the Definitive Edition!

It’s not like we’re requesting fixes for a game that came out 10 years ago! People began reporting bugs and issues immediately after they came out, and it’s like the entire team just cashed the cheques and fucked off lmao.

Edited by dieselmanchild

It is a shame the glitches are still apparent. Were it not for those and the second playthrough for the save/kill racket boss trophies I would definitely recommend this game. Has a very good story with a protagonist who is caught in the Civil Rights Era. Hangar 13 definitely did their homework as stuff like the 'No Colored People' signs were an accurate depiction of 1960s America, especially in the South where racism was rampant.

I very recently tried out Mafia: Definitive Edition and I must say it is a very decent open world game. It doesn't do anything that hasn't already been done but the story and timeline are solid. If you enjoyed games with a historical setting like LA Noire I think you will get a real kick out of Mafia: Definitive Edition. Doesn't have any of the horrid bugs or glitches Mafia III has. Still doesn't excuse the shoddy work Hangar 13 did on Mafia III but they redeemed themselves a little with their Mafia remake.

• Like 1

You have to do a full playthrough without the game crashing once from when you kill the first racket boss til the last one.

I highly recommend these instructions as this is what worked for me and I did this on the current version at the time (1.12):

1. Unlink 2K account from in the game and disconnect your PlayStation from network.

2. Delete all save game data

3. Restart console and play the entire game offline with a fresh new save.

4. Never close the app in between sessions, just pause and put into rest mode.

5. Kill the Gambling racket boss last as this reportedly makes the game crash.

If the game crashes before you kill the first racket boss, that’s fine, just fire up the game again without restarting console and carry on. Shouldn’t crash a second time, or if you really want to be safe just wait until you get that first crash and then start killing racket bosses. I had one crash before killing my first boss but never had another one after that.

Hope this works for you. It’s a frustrating as hell trophy.

Edited by Rowbokop

Or you could do as several of us have and downgrade your game to version 1.09 and eliminate all the glitches, have a complete game again and be able to turn it off and on and play at your own leisure.  It does really blow that gamers had to find a solution outside of normal means to be able to complete and fully enjoy a  game they paid good money for.  Hangar 13 is off my list of companies to ever trust my money to again.  I don't think I would even pick up one of their games from a $1 bin if it was still sealed and came with a money back guarantee against these kind of bugs.  The truly sad thing about these glitches is that they existed once before and where fixed in patch 1.09, then reintroduced in the definitive version and no one at the studio remembers how to fix them or cares enough to do it.  

On 3/14/2021 at 4:39 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I'm gonna give this another go on the PS5. Anyone tried doing it on the PS5? Is it less likely to crash there?

Unfortunately it isn't a hardware crash issue, it is a connection to their servers and when the game file runs for too long it can use up way to much heap and crash from that as well.  I highly doubt the ps5 has a larger heap space than a ps4 since that isn't something companies give a damn about, they expect game developers to get their crap in order which hangar 13 has not done.

Edited by Spinacheq
  • Like 2

Fair call, I didn’t actually try version 1.09. Tell me, how do you downgrade to a specific version? I only know how to downgrade to version 1.00.

Isn’t it ironic though that one of their buggiest trophies is called ‘No Loose Ends’ seeing as they clearly left way too many making this game lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spinacheq said:

Or you could do as several of us have and downgrade your game to version 1.09 and eliminate all the glitches, have a complete game again and be able to turn it off and on and play at your own leisure.  It does really blow that gamers had to find a solution outside of normal means to be able to complete and fully enjoy a  game they paid good money for.  Hangar 13 is off my list of companies to ever trust my money to again.  I don't think I would even pick up one of their games from a $1 bin if it was still sealed and came with a money back guarantee against these kind of bugs.  The truly sad thing about these glitches is that they existed once before and where fixed in patch 1.09, then reintroduced in the definitive version and no one at the studio remembers how to fix them or cares enough to do it.  

Unfortunately it isn't a hardware crash issue, it is a connection to their servers and when the game file runs for too long it can use up way to much heap and crash from that as well.  I highly doubt the ps5 has a larger heap space than a ps4 since that isn't something companies give a damn about, they expect game developers to get their crap in order which hangar 13 has not done.

Ah, that's a shame. Looks like I'll have to downgrade then. How do you do that?

It seems a little complicated.

6 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Ah, that's a shame. Looks like I'll have to downgrade then. How do you do that?

It seems a little complicated.

There are links in this thread about it as well as several of us who have posted how we did it for this game specifically.  You might have to scroll back a bit.  I did a write up after I got it work based on what was done to roll back FF15 to make comrades dlc work.  Everything is free so nothing even the suggested software that lets you download the correct patch is free trial use.