Spring Backlog Challenge 2017

7 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Don't you hate when that happens?! Had to do that with a few games in the past, except the game I'm playing now, Okami HD (which I stopped playing around December). It's one of the reasons why I like to focus on one game at a time.

I normally don't have that problem, but with how infamous Best Bromance is for being missable, I didn't wanna take the risk, especially given that I was almost certain that I missed the chance to get a flower from Aeris at that point to give to Marlene on my old save. That I named every character after a Neptunia character, making the guide harder to use, did not help matters. :P

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

I normally don't have that problem, but with how infamous Best Bromance is for being missable, I didn't wanna take the risk, especially given that I was almost certain that I missed the chance to get a flower from Aeris at that point to give to Marlene on my old save. That I named every character after a Neptunia character, making the guide harder to use, did not help matters. :P

That is why I won't put Final Fantasy VII on my account, no matter what. It's not because the graphics are outdated or that the grinding is hard, it's because of all the Gold Saucer outing options, they only give a trophy for Barret, the hardest set-up in the game. When I played the original, I ended up dating Aeris on the first playthrough and then dating Yuffie in the second and I loved how the ninja girl gave Cloud a kiss and said how she enjoyed the date after the ride. (Sorry, I just have a crush on Yuffie more than the other girls.) I'm not a homophobe, but they probably made the outing with Barret boring as hell... and you have to do it to get a trophy for it. :(

Anyways...

inFAMOUS: Second Son: 52% => 76%

Finished up the first playthrough and did the "Drop Everything" trophy before starting a new game for the Good Playthrough. All I need to do is complete the Good Playthrough as quickly as possible, and I'll do it on Normal since I got "Unstoppable" for completing a game in Expert difficulty, and man did that stink! I died in the part climbing the concrete tower a lot, but for some reason the final boss was not too hard. Should breeze through. :)

Edited by NebbyLunala

I really should have been asleep by now, as it's now 4 AM, but...

16 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

inFAMOUS: Second Son: 76% => 80%

Started my conquest of Seattle as Good Delsin and cleared three districts. I got killed a lot though, despite the difficulty being lower. This is because I got ganged up on by enemies. Luckily, I got Karmic Healing so now I get healed by subduing enemies.

I will be away from the PS4 tomorrow but might take my Vita.

I am the bearer of bad news: I won't be playing my Vita today because I just finally got the Wii U from my gym trainer so I am spending it on Super Mario 3D World and Wind Waker HD. Sorry for the treachery, everyone - I'll make it up as soon as I get home by getting the platinum for Second Son. :(

1 hour ago, NebbyLunala said:

I am the bearer of bad news: I won't be playing my Vita today because I just finally got the Wii U from my gym trainer so I am spending it on Super Mario 3D World and Wind Waker HD. Sorry for the treachery, everyone - I'll make it up as soon as I get home by getting the platinum for Second Son. :(

Don't feel bad. You still have plenty of time. :)

Making progress in Doom and Arkham City, but Catwoman's maps can be incredibly frustrating, so I might take a break from it and start another game on my list.

On 3/16/2017 at 6:23 AM, Wdog-999 said:

Did a double take when I read that, as I thought you were talking about a new inFAMOUS game xD

Edited by LeetWolf2
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2017 at 8:09 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Add me please

Games:

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland - 1%

Okami HD - 25%

Dokuro - 12%

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 - 10%

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - 11%

The Awakened Fate Ultimatum - 11%

Tomb Raider:platinum:

Week 2 Progress

Per usual, I've been focusing on 1 game, Okami HD. Most of the trophies in the game are story-related, and there are about a dozen collectible/mini-game trophies, which means trophy progress depends on how fast I play. Hope I make more progress tomorrow, since I'll be busy throughout the week.

inFAMOUS: Second Son: 80% => 86%

Reached the part where Delsin gets the Video power so now I'm near the end of the game. Got a story trophy, the last collectible trophy(saving 10 Conduits from the mobs) and just before fighting the giant angel boss, I got True Hero, the maximum good rank - I didn't notice until the trophy for that popped. ^_^

SOOOO... I have to go to bed now because I have to go to my family religious prayer meeting tomorrow at the crack of dawn, so I had to turn off my PS4, but I assure you that the list will have a second 100% tomorrow because I will keep playing and not stop until I get that platinum. :)

• Like 1

Final Fantasy VII: 5%

Not much to say except I'm using a turbo controller to grind for me overnight. I've had it on for roughly two hours and I've made it from Level 12 to Level 30 and I'm working on my Level 3 Limit Breaks for Cloud, Barret, and Red XIII right now.

Edited by Wdog-999
  • Like 1

1. The legend of heroes: Trails of cold steel (vita) 12%

2. Atelier Shallie plus: Alchemists of the dusk sea (vita) 17% > 69%

3. Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ (vita) > Plat 05/03/17

4. Day of the tentacle remastered (ps4) 0% > Plat 04/03/17

5. Horizon: Zero Dawn (ps4) - 70% > plat 08/03/17

Made lots of progress with Atelier Shallie. It's very forgiving for an atelier plat, I missed one (beating an optional miniboss that you have one attempt at) because I wasn't prepared for but hope to scoop it and the others on my NG+ run, not looking forward to combat/alchemy lv 99 grinding however.

• Like 1

Will make a proper post tomorrow after teams league finishes and I can focus more on backlogs ?.

Only progress so far has been platting Horizon (finally). A fine game, great fun to be had as it combines all the good elements of Far Cry (blatant ripoff), assassins creed. Mystifies me why it has been given such fan boy reverence but to each there own. On a technical standpoint the daytime graphics in 4k were very good, facial animations outside of cutscenes very average and the lighting in the night time scenes was often unplayable, despite enabling HDR and upscaled graphics via the pro. Add very ordinary load times when fast travelling and a story which while compelling didn't engage me probably due to no character development. But hey guess this ain't no JRPG. Still I'm glad I played it for the moments that were amazing and for the rest it just showed me how damn great FFXV is. 

On 3/4/2017 at 1:25 PM, NebbyLunala said:
  • The Little Acre (PS4) (100% :platinum:)\
  • inFAMOUS Second Son (PS4) (86% => 100% :platinum:)
  • Ape Escape 2 (PS4) (23%)
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage (PS4) (0%)
  • World of Final Fantasy (PS4) (21%)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (Vita) (22%)

17424875_133301273865655_225272200550331

I said I would complete the second game on this list this week to make up for my new Wii U and I keep my promises. ;)

Surprisingly, the first part of the final battle was MUCH harder on the Good path - I got two-shotted by those damn concrete buzzsaws ten times! :angry: I also had stopped my item collecting once I got all the blast shards and destroyed all the command centers to make the blast shards appear on the map. I didn't complete one District Showdown and half of the remaining stuff. At this time I was just sick of the side-quests and decided just to get all the remaining shards and end the story there, but at least it was worth it. Delsin, R.I.P. ^_^

Now I am going to shower and take a nap because I have to start playing Rogue Galaxy for my personal project. The last three items on this list are the worst - two grindfests(World of Final Fantasy and Neptunia U) and one which has a BS minigame trophy. I'll save them for April.

1 hour ago, Wdog-999 said:

Final Fantasy VII: 5% => 10%

Managed to get further in the story, unlocking Yuffie along the way. Just outside of Junon now. I also got Aeris's Level 3 Limit Breaks along the way. I'll do some more turboing tonight for Yuffie and Tifa's Limit Breaks.

Yuffie is my favorite FF character. ^_^

1. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (ps4) 51% -> 67%

2. CounterSpy (ps4) 19%

3. Tiny Troopers Joint Ops (ps4) 0%

4. BioShock (ps4) 2%

5. Xeodrifter (ps4) 0% -> 4%

I finished some optional missions and collected some borgia flags in AC:B, started Xeodrifter as well but I'm just a couple minutes in.

On 2017-03-09 at 9:16 PM, cerafinn said:

1- NieR (PS3, 8%)
2- Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4, 0%)
3- Child of Light 100%
4- Tales of Xillia (PS3, 5%)
5- Valkyria Chronicles (PS4, 0%)
6- htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary (PS Vita, 34%)
7- Broken Age 100%
8- Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (PS Vita, 7%)
9- Devil May Cry HD (PS3, 1%)
10- World of Final Fantasy (PS4, 14%)
11- Final Fantasy X HD (PS3, 0%)
12- Final Fantasy X-2 HD (PS3, 3%)
13- Atelier Totori Plus (PS Vita, 16%)
14- Until Dawn 100%
15- Trillion: God of Destruction (PS Vita, 15%)

I've managed to finish both Child of Light and Broken Age now. Child of Light was great, I really enjoyed the story and the art style. As for Broken Age, act 1 was a nice setup but act 2 didn't make much sense as it progressed on.

I'm going to take a bit of a break from my backlog for a few days to play a bit more of Final Fantasy XV. It is a very distracting game. :blush:

• Like 1

As we in the Northern hemisphere celebrate the Spring Equinox heralding the arrival of Spring... those in the Southern hemisphere wonder why there is a Spring challenge in Autumn... and those in America wonder what Autumn is... I would like to join the challenge.

I would like to use this challenge to clear my ridiculous backlog of a couple of series - Lego and Telltale.  I currently have 6 PS3, 2 Vita and 7 PS4 Lego games to play, if I can clear 2 per season and Lego keep releasing 3 new ones per year then it should only take me 3 years to get caught up!  For Telltale I have 5 PS3 and 8 PS4 games to play, they only release 2 games a year and as they are shorter to play than the Lego games I'm aiming to be caught up in just 18 months.  I'm going to mix up PS3/PS4 a bit so that I can catch up on ongoing series quicker than just playing them by release date.

1. Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space (PS3) 0% >
  2. Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (PS3) 0% >
  3. CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (PS3) 18% (E) >
  4. Lego Marvel Superheroes (PS4) 10% (E) >
  5. The Walking Dead: Season One (PS4) 0% >

If you're in the UK don't forget the clocks change this weekend, if you can't remember which way just remember 'Spring forward, Autumn back', hmmm, maybe the Americans are on to something not calling it Autumn...

Edited by richtayls
typo

5 hours ago, richtayls said:

As we in the Northern hemisphere celebrate the Spring Equinox heralding the arrival of Spring... those in the Southern hemisphere wonder why there is a Spring challenge in Autumn... and those in America wonder what Autumn is... I would like to join the challenge.

I would like to use this challenge to clear my ridiculous backlog of a couple of series - Lego and Telltale.  I currently have 6 PS3, 2 Vita and 7 PS4 Lego games to play, if I can clear 2 per season and Lego keep releasing 3 new ones per year then it should only take me 3 years to get caught up!  For Telltale I have 5 PS3 and 8 PS4 games to play, they only release 2 games a year and as they are shorter to play than the Lego games I'm aiming to be caught up in just 18 months.  I'm going to mix up PS3/PS4 a bit so that I can catch up on ongoing series quicker than just playing them by release date.

1. Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space (PS3) 0% >
  2. Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (PS3) 0% >
  3. CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (PS3) 18% (E) >
  4. Lego Marvel Superheroes (PS4) 10% (E) >
  5. The Walking Dead: Season One (PS4) 0% >

If you're in the UK don't forget the clocks change this weekend, if you can't remember which way just remember 'Spring forward, Autumn back', hmmm, maybe the Americans are on to something not calling it Autumn...

OK, added. 

First Update:

1. Magus (Ps3) - 0%=>100%  :platinum:

2. Little Acre (Ps4) - Haven't Started

3. N.E.R.O. (Ps4) - Haven't Started

4. Unravel (Ps4) - Haven't Started

5. Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Ps4) - Haven't Started

Finally started on my list. It was a quick platinum in Magus, it took me barely over a day and that was only because I stopped. I could have finished it in one sitting probably. I will move onto the others soon, although I am finishing up some higher percent games in my backlog like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Borderlands 2. I should have another one finished by the weekend or so.

Edited by colinmazzini

Gonna take a long hiatus for the rest of the month(since I have serious dental surgery on the 29th and will probably be taking a long nap under the influence to rest off the severe pain and bleeding I've got to experience with the removal of two teeth[most I had to remove but then again if I want partial dentures I have to do it] and a large filling to fix one of my other teeth which is a hot mess of jagged ivory right now :( ) but I'll try to start planning my attack of World of Final Fantasy and Ape Escape 2. Not sure if I can complete Neptunia U in two months but I'll try my best. Right now I want to play some Zelda Wind Waker HD and try to work on some other games for my personal project. ;)

I allowed one person to change a game on their list due to extenuating circumstances. As a result, I will allow everyone who signed up before March 1 to swap out one game on their current list if they so desire. This is a one time deal and won't be allowed in future challenges, but I want to be fair to everyone.

Edited by Judge Judy

9 minutes ago, Judge Judy said:

I allowed one person to change a game on their list due to extenuating circumstances. As a result, I will allow everyone who signed up before March 1 to swap out one game on their current list. This is a one time deal and won't be allowed in future challenges, but I want to be fair to everyone.

200_s.gif

b7d.gif

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 2