trying to enjoy the game..

rockstarjazz

14 hours ago, QuentinCle95 said:

The MP takes a long time. At a bare minimum, you'll have to do 168 matches, and each match can take upwards of 20 minutes, so you could be looking at 50+ hours. 

All the silver trophies that are DLC can be boosted, but can be earned without too much trouble without boosting, as well (Remark: I've heard the requirements for the same trophies are much tougher in the PS3 version than the PS4 version, so on PS3, boosting is advised).

For the vanilla MP trophies, however, boosting won't help you much. The time it'll take to organise the boosting rules, etc. would probably outweigh how long it took to just do the matches yourself. 

Be very careful: the two gold MP trophies are "missable" in a way. Namely: it is possible to lose all your progress if you don't meet a certain challenge on specific days throughout the journey. This happened to me: I wasn't able to fulfill a challenge in one of the later matches, and thus had to start my progress towards the journey from Match 1 again. If you just save the easy challenges for the times where your entire progress is at stake (as opposed to just when a part of your clan is in danger, or there's an opportunity to collect more people), and you should be fine, though. 

for multiplayer, another forum suggested skipping days to cut down the amount of time spent in MP?

the last thing i would want is to have all my hours of efforts to be for naught and starting all over again. that would be infuriating. at least in say gta online, everything you do adds up to rank 100, be it a few xp pts or 000s.

ahhh, frustration! i just completed the game a second time on hard+, the only single player trophies needed for the plat now is survivor+ and upgrading weapons. i still havent got all weapons upgraded even after a second run! i need about 200 points or so. i am thinking of playing it fast on easy++ to get the remaining upgrades, or can this be done on survivor++, as i was told there are barely any resources for the latter mode?

whats the difference between survivor mode and grounded mode?

On 2/26/2017 at 11:41 PM, rockstarjazz said:

ahhh, frustration! i just completed the game a second time on hard+, the only single player trophies needed for the plat now is survivor+ and upgrading weapons. i still havent got all weapons upgraded even after a second run! i need about 200 points or so. i am thinking of playing it fast on easy++ to get the remaining upgrades, or can this be done on survivor++, as i was told there are barely any resources for the latter mode?

I just finished survivor and fortunately managed to finish upgrading. However it's important to prioritise upgrading the weapons you get later (El Diablo, flamethrower) or else you'll have to replay the game again up to that point. I was just lucky that I'd made sure to upgrade my flamethrower on the first run. I guess doing it on easy ++ would definitely assure that you get all the necessary resources but it might seem like too much work to start yet another playthrough.

Grounded mode is just a more intense version of survivor apparently. Even fewer resources (though survivor was definitely doable so that doesn't worry me) but the enemies are more perceptive/stronger.

On 2/24/2017 at 9:03 PM, rockstarjazz said:

for multiplayer, another forum suggested skipping days to cut down the amount of time spent in MP?

the last thing i would want is to have all my hours of efforts to be for naught and starting all over again. that would be infuriating. at least in say gta online, everything you do adds up to rank 100, be it a few xp pts or 000s.

You can skip some days if you want as long as you have healthy survivors in your clan. The only missions you'll have to worry about are 100% risk missions. Make sure you leave and complete easy challenges (i.e. downs, executions, special executions, gift items, etc.) for those missions and pick other ones for the 60% risk and survivor-related missions as it doesn't matter if you get them done or not.

There's absolutely no need to boost any of the MP trophies as the MP is still very active and the MP trophies are all easy (even the DLC ones as the developers tweaked them to make them easier on the PS4 version as opposed to the PS3 version) provided you pay attention to the 100% risk missions.

On 2/27/2017 at 1:41 AM, rockstarjazz said:

The noticeable differences are less supplies, tougher enemies, and fewer checkpoints. Also, most of the HUD is disabled. Challenging at times, but otherwise very doable if you stealth whatever sections you can.

Edited by cr1s

i've come a long way in thinking from when i made the original post here.

i am totally sold on the single player campaign, and i havent even touched left behind yet.

i have played through the entire story 4 times already in the last 3 weeks - i think i've burnt it out already. i just need to go through the first and last chapters in grounded and hopefully the trophies will unlock. fingers crossed! every subchapter other than those is marked as completed on grounded.

i just hope the multiplayer wont take me long. while i can skip days to make it go faster, provided i have a clan still, my concern is that when playing MP shooters i am not very good at them and always get killed by others. while collecting supplies is the main thing i hope that my getting killed will not render me finishing matches with 0 supplies if they get looted, otherwise i'd never get off the ground???

10 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

i've come a long way in thinking from when i made the original post here.

i am totally sold on the single player campaign, and i havent even touched left behind yet.

Why don't you edit your OP with a update? Most people coming to this thread are going to read your title and first post, then comment without reading anything else. Updating your opening post will keep them from giving you what is now completely obsolete input.

• Like 1

i just started multiplayer and have reached week 3, but i wish to know how can i make myself stronger as i barely had any downs made during that time, and its gotten me worried when the 100% risk missions come?

how do i get armour?
whats the best loadout?

it seems others i'm playing against are total pros - i shoot them and they seem unaffected, and their guns are powerful that i get taken out in one or two quick shots!

also i am unsure if i should be spending on the parts because if i do, does that mean less supplies at the end for the clan? i skipped only my last two days and now noone is healthy, half are sick and the other half is hungry. i didnt know skipping days can be so risky

Edited by rockstarjazz

15 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

i just started multiplayer and have reached week 3, but i wish to know how can i make myself stronger as i barely had any downs made during that time, and its gotten me worried when the 100% risk missions come?

how do i get armour?
whats the best loadout?

it seems others i'm playing against are total pros - i shoot them and they seem unaffected, and their guns are powerful that i get taken out in one or two quick shots!

also i am unsure if i should be spending on the parts because if i do, does that mean less supplies at the end for the clan? i skipped only my last two days and now noone is healthy, half are sick and the other half is hungry. i didnt know skipping days can be so risky

Best loadout is whatever you're really good with.

You can buy armor with parts, when you bring up the crafting menu, press R1 to switch over to gun upgrades and armor

Always craft, crafting can net you molotovs, bombs, medkits, shivs etc, and you earn parts just from crafting

It doesn't matter if you spend parts, it counts the overall earned in the match to convert to supplies.

For the 100% risk missions, pick something super easy like tags, downs, heals and other easy ones.

You don't really need to do the other missions like dysentery outbreak unless you desperately need more clan members

some games i am lucky to even score one down! i hate multiplayer :(

i am approaching the first 100% risk day, unsure what else to try. i was thinking...

-2 revives

-4 revives (over 3 matches it should be doable?)

-2 gifts

-2 molotovs - list says these should be downs but these things instantly kill them and that counts as an execution? i've been getting good at these

-3 downs (over 3 matches i hope is doable)

other plays are so fast and it seems their weapons pack an instant punch whereas me, even with armour i get taken down really quickly. and it takes ages to take them down. and i do not understand the number next to my name (3). i am approaching the end of week 5 now and i dont think skipping days it that much of a good idea because i need the upgrades to get better.

as i said, i really hate multiplayer!

On 2/14/2017 at 2:32 PM, rockstarjazz said:

edit: actually i like this game now. this thread chronicles my journey in getting the platinum..

---

old/previous edit: i finally started playing it yesterday after years of hearing about it and taking all the appraisals with a pinch of salt

and my god, this game is DULL!!

does it get better as the game goes on? so far i have reached the part where joel meets ellie for the first time. before that i was mainly running about, shooting a few people with next to no bullets and doing stealth kills, thats it really. the gameplay aspects seems really limited in what you can actually do thus far. i want to play more in the hope it'd get better.

really hope the game gets better as its gotten countless appraisals by people but am wondering if the best is yet to come or if something flew over my head in all of the hype!

You sound like a MP scrub, so I don't think this game's for you.