Servers up?

BrutalLooter

2 hours ago, BrutalLooter said:

I wonder if servers are still up? I see online trophies lastly earned by players in October, but any chance still up?

They were shut down 2 years ago. Anyone with the online trophies more recent than that hacked them.

6 minutes ago, BrutalLooter said:

Oh, thanks, and do you have any knowledge about the fate of Skateboarding's servers? 

They might still be online, same with the Snowboarding servers. Ubisoft said they were shutting them down but at least one person said it worked for them back in January 2016. http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5499739-post31.html

Edited by skateak

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, shaunnn191 said:

Pretty sure that's wrong info there...
Seems like they've only recently gone down...Looks like at the moment Plat is unobtainable due to Generation 2.0 - can't upload a replay. nobody has earn't it since September 2016...but I've read you can earn all other online trophies playing on LAN, I'll be trying it out soon...(might need 2 PS3's/copies of the game...which I happen to have at the moment..)

Haven't played the game myself. I was strictly going off the statement that Ubisoft put out over two years ago. https://www.trueachievements.com/n17759/ubisoft-closing-online-servers-for-several-games

• 4 weeks later...

I remember I tried to help someone with this. We simply never was able to connect. I could connect with someone else, and they could connect with my who I tried to help. xD Shitty servers.

On top of that, everyone gets kicked after one round... *smh*

It's like they added online to sell it as a feature, but didn't want anyone to actually play it. Can't ever have had any high server costs for this game. :P 

Edited by MMDE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

Are the online trophys still possible? Just curious, cause it seems, the last one earned those trophys in 2016 but this topic got answers in the end of 2017?

There's a trophy for uploading something to their servers I believe, which will almost certainly be unobtainable and not possible in LAN. 

The only way it'd be possible still is if it pops even if the upload fails, like in Saint's Row, although this is unlikely.

• 1 month later...