Mass Effect: Andromeda Official Launch Trailer

ruffedgz

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It looks neat. The Kett race reminds me of the Protheans and Collectors. I'm surprised that this trailer didn't hype me for the game.

Yea I can feel you on that, its not one of their better trailers but hopefully the new direction and what they learned from ME3 will make this game MUCH better.

2 minutes ago, ruffedgz said:

Yea I can feel you on that, its not one of their better trailers but hopefully the new direction and what they learned from ME3 will make this game MUCH better.

It certainly lacks the epic feel ME3 trailers had. And yeah here's hoping the game will be good, maybe even the start of a new trilogy.

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It certainly lacks the epic feel ME3 trailers had. And yeah here's hoping the game will be good, maybe even the start of a new trilogy.

Kind of understandable since it was ending a trilogy and this is the beginning of a new series. Hopefully it will be great

Well looks like another 50 hour + game is about to drop in 2 weeks lol.

Game looks great I just don't think I will have the time to play it for a while. Game is going to have to sit on my hard drive for a while and not get played. Probably a sign that I have bought too many games and need to stop buying stuff for a while lol. 

Still playing Horizon, haven't played NieR yet, and Persona 5 comes out right after Mass Effect. 

Edited by ratchetdude231

12 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Kind of understandable since it was ending a trilogy and this is the beginning of a new series. Hopefully it will be great

It's not just that, the ost sounds pretty meh and squadmembers don't seem that interesting. I'm hoping the game will prove otherwise.

This trailer didn't really do it for me. Maybe it was the choice of music, I dunno. Considering all of the great games that have been releasing recently, and with Persona 5 just around the corner, there's no shortage of other things to play, so I think that I'll pass on this for a while. I'm quite sceptical. I mean it's EA after all.

Now this is how you do a launch trailer.

I still get chills from watching that.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It's not just that, the ost sounds pretty meh and squadmembers don't seem that interesting. I'm hoping the game will prove otherwise.

The music in the trailer probably won't be in the game, like the Kanye music in the Assassin's Creed trailer.

I really hope the actual game has better music than what this trailer used...

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

The music in the trailer probably won't be in the game, like the Kanye music in the Assassin's Creed trailer.

I really hope the actual game has better music than what this trailer used...

LOL yea, I think the music was just something for the trailer only but I wanted to make sure others knew who it was from if they are interested in it.

I didnt mind it but that might be why this trailer was 'ok' at best but the other trailers and exclusives on Mass Effect's youtube channel do show the game in a better light in my opinion :P

That music though. What the hell happened, dubstep wasn't available? And is it just me, or does this still look incredibly generic? How the hell do you turn a unique property like Mass Effect into a bland sci-fi broshooter? Perhaps you really do need people like Casey Hudson and Drew Karpyshyn to make this work.

My only hope is that it's all just a case of bad marketing and that I'm still going to get something that resembles the first two ME games.

On 3/10/2017 at 4:45 PM, Undead Wolf said:

This trailer didn't really do it for me. Maybe it was the choice of music, I dunno. Considering all of the great games that have been releasing recently, and with Persona 5 just around the corner, there's no shortage of other things to play, so I think that I'll pass on this for a while. I'm quite sceptical. I mean it's EA after all.

Now this is how you do a launch trailer.

I still get chills from watching that.

Silly BioWare for not getting another top notch Two Steps From Hell song.

You know, Mass Effect 3 had Clint Mansell AND Two Steps From Hell. Ask people how much the launch trailer saved the game from a terrible ending.

It's important that people understand that a launch trailer's only job is to help secure undecided potential buyers to buy the game day one. You've been saying for months now that this game does nothing for you, so you definitely aren't the person they're trying to target with a trailer like Andromeda's launch trailer.

And everybody linking previous Mass Effect launch trailers are weird. This is a new game, a start of a new trilogy. Almost completely separate from the trilogy, except for the subtle easter eggs that BioWare is putting it for fans of the series to make them happy.

Time to let the original trilogy go and open your mind to a new adventure. Or skip on the game and wait for it to be cheap enough so you can afford it. And no, that isn't an insult. It's a very expensive time right now to be a Playstation 4 owner.

Edited by Valyrious

Till now i stayed away from trailers and news about Andromeda,in order to avoid spoilers.So the story is starting as Interstellar and follows up as Stargate (close,not entirely)?? What i really loved about ME1 & ME2 was the story's suspense.This one seems really plain.I hope i'm wrong but this trailer was indifferent (weird for a launch trailer)